Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does the Bengals front office care about the team?

Backpack3r

I am really bummed that he's going to retire. He's under contract I think for 4 more years which means that his career is likely over. When he was healthy, before that horrible injury in the playoffs, the guy was a VERY good QB. I liked watching him play, he's a classy guy and did well to deal with the likes of Chad Johnson, TO and Cedric Benson without ever saying anything.

I'm personally going to miss seeing him play, I always kind of wondered whether or not he'd come back up to that level of a player on a different team and when completely healthy.

I think Palmer has been one of the most overrated players in the league ever since he got drafted. He's a few good seasons, but he's never lived up to being the #1 overall pick IMO. If you watched any Bengals game last you saw how bad he was. His stats are deceiving as a lot of the yardage and TDs were accumulated in garbage time.

I think that where there is smoke there is fire. If Ochocinco and Palmer want out of Cincy then something is wrong with the culture from the owner on down. Carson Palmer has been good for the Bengals but Mike Brown doesn't want to spend any money on getting the right pieces around Palmer to be successful. That shows in the stingy contracts they offer and the lame coach they employ. Anywhere else and Marvin Lewis would be back to being a DC because he would have gotten fired two years ago. The Bengals are never going to win more than 5 or 6 games because of Brown and when Brown is gone the Bengals will become a NFL worthy franchise again.

Before Marvin, the Bengals had double digit losses every year since 1991- Sam Wyche's last year. Marvin at least took them from awful to mediocre. The Rams and the Bengals were 2 of the worst franchises of the 90's. The Rams broke that spell with their Superbowl win in 1999.

The downside is that there could be a mass exodus of players wanting to leave. I do understand why Mike Brown is doing this. Do I agree, not really, but I do understand.

yeah, but you don't have to let them leave either. You do what is best for the team, that would be trading Palmer for a 2nd round pick to a team that needs a QB. They should have traded Ocho to us for 2 first round picks, they didn't because they are stupid. Our offer was stupid, but how in the hell you don't take two first round picks for a ****ing WR is beyond me. Regardless if they were trying to send a message to a player/team or not.

Think about it, living in Ohio, you probably pull for the Browns or Bengals...........both ****ing horrible teams. Bengals fans are going to go to games regardless if their team is 1-15 or 15-1, they don't want to lose their team.

Archived