Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Which Would Surprise You More?

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I think we are way better than 1-15. I'd sig bet for at least 5 wins if it came down to it. 11-5 is pretty out of reach as well, and we aren't that good at all. I would be really surprised if we went 11-5, but I would be a LOT more surprised if we only won 1 game.

Going 1-15 and getting the top draft pick

Idk why anyone on this forum or in the world thinks that we are suddenly worse then we were last year at this time. Very little has actually changed for us but suddenly we think we are complete trash? Why because of us losing that QB who is no longer in our plans? Seriously it's mind blowing to me. We were 6-10 last year. Were those wins against Dallas, Green Bay, Jacksonville, Eagles, and Bears only caused because of McNabbb? Hell no they weren't. We no longer have Portis. So that means we suddenly suck? Hell no. Mental retardation hit so many of the people on this forum and in the world because the first season of Shannahan didn't go quiet as expected. Can't believe that anyone would think we were the worst team in the league

The only way we go 1-15 is if we commit to playing all the rookies and 1st year player and most of them don't live up to their expectations. Even with this, it would take some bad bounces and a few key injuries to be 1-15. We always beat the Eagles once. We will find a few other wins. 6-10 is the most likely of the above options.

Going 1-15 and getting the top draft pick

Idk why anyone on this forum or in the world thinks that we are suddenly worse then we were last year at this time.

Same goes the other way. I think this team is going to look very different next season. I voted for 11-5 because nothing this team has accomplished in the last decade makes me believe we're close to being that good. Staying 6-10 would be the least surprising outcome.

More surprising for me is going 1-15.

Not surprised if we go 6-10 or 7-9. We're, IMO, a 6 or 7 win team. We might squeak out a win or two more as a result of beefing up the defense in FA. I think we're hitting on just about all cylinders heading into the 2012-2013 season and believe at that point we get our rookie QB who can step in, command the respect of the veteran players and play at a high level from jump.

I think Shanahan in his second year working with a half litter of kittens could win more than one game.

Agreed. Maybe it's the wording for me. Surprise wouldn't be the word to describe my emotion if god forbid we only won 1 game. Dismay, angst, frustration, ennui would all describe it better.

There is a very slim chance MS fields a team that would go 1-15. To put that in context, in 17 years as a HC, the worst record he has ever had was 6-10 (1999, 2010).

His rep is on the line, and if he has to field a team that is comprised of 11 new FAs to get to .500, he's going to do it.

It's incredibly rare for a team to go 1-15. I believe 8 teams have won only 1 game since the merger. They were all in organizations in complete disarray. If the Bills, Raiders, and Browns of the past few years can manage to win more than 1 game, I don't see how it's possible we don't either.

3 teams have gone winless since the merger.

You know, if I worded the question "Which is most likely to happen: the Skins going 1-15 or the Skins going 11-5", I would bet that a fair number of those who feel a 1-15 season would be more surprising would also say a 1-15 season would be more likely to happen lol :ols:..

If you had said that, I would have picked 11-5 as more likely to happen.

I would have to say 11-5 for the simple fact that winning 1 game this year isn't impossible. A couple games last year that we won easily could have been losses (while at the same time games we lost could have been wins). Winning 5 more games seems a bit out of the picture to me, but also not IMPOSSIBLE, just highly unlikely.

From a team with a whopping TWO 10 win seasons in the last NINETEEN seasons, and one currently with no competent pro QB to speak of; an 11 win season wouldn't be a surprise. It would be a freaking MIRACLE!

That's my vote by virtue of the above; but I'd be equally surprised if we went 1-15. Not upset, at all, but real surprised.

Hail.

11 wins in the NFC East???

I don't think 1 or 11 wins is likely, but yeah as things currently stand with this roster, 1 win is more believable than 11. It would take a lot of injuries and a mental breakdown by Haslett, but its possible.

I'm not a negative fan either, I think the Skins will win between 7 and 9 games, depending on how FA goes.

11 wins would be the best season in recent history. I would be shocked and thrilled. Mostly shocked.

Given that this is Coach Shanahan's second year. Many of these players know the system. The team managed to go 6-10 last year, with all new everything. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility of surprising a few people. Admittedly, anything in the the 5-11 through 7-9 range is probably the most likely scenario.

However, this team has found itself in a lot of close games over the last several years. Games that we always seem to lose.

Sooner or later that is going to change, and we are going to find ourselves on the winning end of the games that come down to the wire. With great coaching, and a total team effort a winning season isn't out of the realm of possibility. I just can't see this team winning less than 5 games this year, even if we are still rebuilidng. I don't expect a significant playoff run, nor do I expect 1-15 or anything close to that.

I have zero expectations for this team, and it's much easier to go 1-15, so I'm going with option A.

6-10 would surprise me, actually. I feel that another year of fine-tuning the 3-4 could only be beneficial, and offensive schemes aren't immediately perfected, so an improvement wouldn't surprise me. On the other hand, last season didn't convince me that we had much to build on, so if we got worse, I wouldn't be shocked either.

1-15 would really surprise me.

While QB may still be an issue, the Skins have strengthened their RB depth. There's now a fix at FS that should solidify the defensive secondary and they've added youth and depth for the defensive front seven. While, issues remain at line, overall greater continuity of personnel would point to the team should be getting better rather than worse -- after all, they'd now have a full year with the ZBS offensive system. (Cross fingers and hope there's no injuries.)

... All that and the fact that the Skins have Carolina, Buffalo, Minnesota, and the NFC West on its 2011 schedule. I see at least a few wins from this group.-

...But a 11-5 record would be almost equally surprising too. Assuming the Skins lose to the Pats and the Jets (I doubt we'd be favored to win) -to make 11-5, the Skins would have to split in the NFC East and sweep the rest of the schedule. It's always possilble of course, but -- even the NFC West has improved slightly, the Seahawks and Rams are tough to beat at home, and Miami is hard to predict.

Archived