Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Which Would Surprise You More?

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I agree with most of you guys. I would be totally shocked if we went 11-5...like most of you i see us in the 4-7 win range. And im being genrous by saying 7 games, i would be suprised at that too. So yea im not expecting 1-15 but with our QB situation i can see that happening before 11-5. Although winning only 1 game would be suprising...just not as suprising as an 11 win season.

I think people are down on this years team because its a team of unproven players. The QB situation is a joke, the RB situation is still a question mark, and the o-line doesnt look any better than it did last year at this point. Ofcourse expectations could change after free agency but i still wouldnt bet that we win more than 7 games because of our QB situation.

Until we see what happens in FA, TC and preseason, we're closer to 1-15. We're down our top 2 qbs, starting ilb, rt, cb and number 1 wr, not to mention backups like heyer, buchanon, carter etc. A full offseason for the young guys would have helped too. Until we see how all the holes are filled, a second year in the systems isn't enough to overcome all this. Several games last year could have gone against us as much as ones we could have won.

Of course, after FA I'm guessing we'll be closer to 11-5 than 1-15. 6 or so wins is probably about right.

I would be shocked, embarrassed, and outraged if we regressed to 1-15. The schedule this year isn't exactly Murderers' Row with teams like the Panthers, Bills, and NFC West on it. If we're making any kind of progress at all we've got to win these games or it's same ol' same ol'.

Right now, I wouldn't care to see them going 0-16, just get the season started already!!

Not really, I'd *****, moan, and kick the dog after week 3. lol..

I actually think there's a possibility to go 11-5 or better, now that I think about it; every team will be saying "oh, its only th' Deadskins", and we could sneak up on alot of teams before they realized it.

The NFCE crown is at hand!

Where's my damn crackpipe at...

Going 1-15 and getting the top draft pick

Idk why anyone on this forum or in the world thinks that we are suddenly worse then we were last year at this time. Very little has actually changed for us but suddenly we think we are complete trash? Why because of us losing that QB who is no longer in our plans? Seriously it's mind blowing to me. We were 6-10 last year. Were those wins against Dallas, Green Bay, Jacksonville, Eagles, and Bears only caused because of McNabbb? Hell no they weren't. We no longer have Portis. So that means we suddenly suck? Hell no. Mental retardation hit so many of the people on this forum and in the world because the first season of Shannahan didn't go quiet as expected. Can't believe that anyone would think we were the worst team in the league

why? cause we have the same horrible players that are a year older.. next question

why? cause we have the same horrible players that are a year older.. next question

Larry Johnson? nope

Clinton Portis? nope

Donovan McNabb? as soon as we get a CBA, nope

Roydell Williams? nope

Carlos Rogers? nope

Kareem Moore starting at safety? nope

Rocky Mac? nope

Andre Carter? nope

Haynesworth? nope

Or are you talking about Landry, Orakpo, Atogwe, Hall, Torain, Williams, Cooley, and Davis?

I'm confused...

As I posted in Oldfan's thread, I think our true talent level is about .450. That being the case, the odds of going 11-5 or better are 20-1. The odds of going 1-15, though, are over 1000-1. We have a decent shot at Luck with 3 or fewer wins, which without tanking would occur about every 35 seasons. So yeah, getting Luck-y would be most surprising to me.

To get 11-5 you need a great team with great coaching and a moderately easy schedule.

To get 1-15 all you need is some key injuries to a poor roster. If Orakpo/Williams/Moss go down early we'll have a shot at 1-15. I don't think our roster is as bare as some sportswriters make it out to be. I would take our roster over the Bills, Seahawks, and Raiders any day of the week, and twice on sundays. Yeah, the seahawks even won the nfc west, but that division is a joke and imo the 49ers, Cardinals, and Rams are all more talented teams.

Our defence will win us games, and the offence, while still a work in progress i expect to improve as the season wears on, we are better at the WR and RB positions TE is still potent the line will settle and then the skins will be back to the days of yore. QB isnt that a big a problem once the line settles i am expecting a 8 - 8 season at least but i am sure we will win half our conference games

Most NFL teams are in the 5-9 win range. You have to be really elite to win more than 9-10 games, which we aren't. You have to be god awful to win fewer than 3-4 games, which we may end up being. So yeah, winning 11 games would be the biggest shock.

The Redskins are in a period of progressing. Last season, they were very competitive in the games they lost. except for maybe a couple. With the draft, the Redskins automatically got better on both sides of the ball. Teams don't usually go from 4-12 to 6-10 to 1-15. Teams usually go from 4-12 5o 6-10 to 9-7 or better.

Archived