Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Starting the NICK NAME trend for our new rookies....

Missin Meast

Hey guys,

It looks like at some point we will get training camp started.... In the meantime, I think its important that our EXTREMESKINS comes up with the new nicknames for our potential impact draft picks ...

Not saying these have to be it, but lets pick some nick names ...

Leonard Hankerson = Hank the Tank or just " Hands "

Ryan Kerrigan = ??

Roy Helu = ??

Just wanted to see your thoughts....HAIL!

I've always been on the opposite side of this game. I feel players should earn their nicknames on the field and not be dubbed.

King James... give me a break. A guy who can't win a championship is an imposter to the throne. I don't need hype I need players executing and astounding.

I've always been on the opposite side of this game. I feel players should earn their nicknames on the field and not be dubbed.

King James... give me a break. A guy who can't win a championship is an imposter to the throne. I don't need hype I need players executing and astounding.

+1, nicknames are earned, not given. LOL'd at the Lebron reference.:ols:

Indeed. As much fun as it may be to invent them... they should be earned.

Anyone remember "The Dirt Bags"? Anyone?

Yeah, not only should nicknames be given by the players and coaches but then they should also be earned by play on the field.

I mean shortening a name like "Riggo" or lengthening a name like "Smoooooooooot" is one thing, but to actually create a nickname, that should be more organic and come from within the team and then blossoms with the fans due to winning. Most famously of course "The Hogs" and "The Fun Bunch". Both were internal nicknames for almost a full year before catching on with the public.

So people can come up with any nickname they like, nothing will stick until the team actually wins.

Every year this thread appears and every year it makes be me vaguely uncomfortable.

Any nickname thread make me uncomfortable. I agree with other posters that we should let the players nickname themselves. I'm really not concerned with nicknames. I'm more concerned with their play on the field.

We should nickname this thread "The Overreaction Thread." It's the offseason and there is a lockout, the OP is just trying to have a little fun. Plus some people have seen these guys play several years of college ball so they may be able to come up with an accurate nickname or know of his college nickname.

I'm all for nicknames being earned, or given by TEAMMATES. I also agree w/ scruffy about his "Riggo" "Smooooot" point, easy to shorten or lengthen a name. So to contribute to the thread using that point, but combining the name...Ryan Kerrigan could be "RyKers" or "RyKers Island" for how he punishes QB's.

+1. You can't give yourself, or anyone, a nickname without it being earned. I know its slow and we are all anxious to start the season, but no, no nicknames for rooks.

Rook.

Until further notice.

lol. Pretty much. But I do see some quarterbacks getting Kerrokniphobia this season. And Chris Neild looks like a Hermit, but the boy will start by mid-season. Take that one to the bank.

HAIL!

Archived