Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McNabb practices at Eagles player only workouts

SteveFromYellowstone

I am fearful that Kyle Shanahan is a bigger clown than McNabb. His Shanego mandating a nobody like Beck or Grossman run the show so there aren't any problems. I wonder how Kyle would do with Peyton or Brady. Daaaad, they won't listen to me. Daaaaad, they think they know how to run an offense better than me. Breaking news, they do.

Its fun to read the hypersensitive posters knee jerk reactions though. Who gives a rats ass who he works out with. It was not an eagles practice. He was hanging with his former teammates. He has been outcast here. We fumbled away a decent QB and picks, dont hate on McNabb. Get over it. McNabb has been a class act dealing with our mess of a team. We benched him for a two minute drill :doh: and rarely used him to his strengths.

Are you attempting to compare McNabb to Peyton Manning or Tom Brady?

Seems like those guys are on the same page with their offensive coaches.

Seems like the hypersenstivity are with those that choose to continue to defend a quarterback who was here for one season and did nothing over a coach who will be here for the foreseeable future because he had the gall to want the offense run properly.

Get back to me when McSuck runs an offense like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady.

I am fearful that Kyle Shanahan is a bigger clown than McNabb. His Shanego mandating a nobody like Beck or Grossman run the show so there aren't any problems. I wonder how Kyle would do with Peyton or Brady. Daaaad, they won't listen to me. Daaaaad, they think they know how to run an offense better than me. Breaking news, they do.

Its fun to read the hypersensitive posters knee jerk reactions though. Who gives a rats ass who he works out with. It was not an eagles practice. He was hanging with his former teammates. He has been outcast here. We fumbled away a decent QB and picks, dont hate on McNabb. Get over it. McNabb has been a class act dealing with our mess of a team. We benched him for a two minute drill :doh: and rarely used him to his strengths.

McNabb was on pace to set a career high in yardage, yet he consistently missed open receivers and from what we're lead to believe, didn't really grasp the offense, and made bad reads.

There is a little bit of family history here with great QBs also: Mike took over a Broncos team that had some talent, but had John Elway. Who'd been to 3 SBs at that time, and been blown out in all of them. Elway allowed Mike S. to change his game, and call a different type of game than he had been used to. Mike took the Broncos from a pass first team to a run first team with a good defense, asked Elway to continue to be Elway, but do less. Elway used to call his own plays. Mike took that over. He tweaked his footwork and fit him into his variation of the WCO. And changed the emphasis of the offense.

When Mike S. did this, he was basically a first time HC. Sure, he had a stint with the Raiders, but it wasn't that successful or long. He did have some success as OC of the 49ers. But honesty, most of the credit for those 49ers teams goes to the head man, Mr. Walsh.

The key was that Elway bought what Mike was selling, and allowed himself to change. And Mike didn't ask Elway to change who he was, he just wanted him to do it differently. The result: 2 SB wins, and almost an undefeated season.

See, coaches are allowed to coach. You can't allow the inmates to run the asylum. Does anybody honestly think that Brady would be able to free-lance with Bill B. up there? Heck no. If we think that Mike and Kyle S. are control freaks, Billy takes it to another level. But there is a trust there between Brady and Bill. Brady does what Bill wants him to, Bill lets him be himself, and they win a lot of games.

So far, for reasons that I just can't understand, Kyle Shanahan has become the media punching bag. I personally believe that it's because McNabb leaked information, possibly false, to Brian Mitchel and other such mediots. Nobody ever said much negative about Kyle in Houston. And I refuse to believe that he just forgot how to coach. And while they did have 1 good WR, Andre Johnson isn't going to make an entire offense look good all by himself.

EDIT: As far as McNabb working out with Eagles players, who cares? Let him do what he wants. There has been cross pollination from different teams in workouts. Tryon was at the 'Skins workout. Others have floated around.

I always find it amusing that fans are so protective of "The Playbook."

It's possible that the Brady Bunch episode where Marcia dated the QB from the opposing school is the most influential tv show in the history of sports.

:ols:

I know...like a random player or two are so detailed that they'd be able to pass along any important information.

Donovan is in a position now where he needs to have his name out there. There looks to be light at the end of the CBA tunnel. He is essentially without a team to play for right now. So he needs to bring some spotlight his way in most any fashion he can.

At least that's how I see it. I like the guy. Wish him well.

I always find it amusing that fans are so protective of "The Playbook."

It's possible that the Brady Bunch episode where Marcia dated the QB from the opposing school is the most influential tv show in the history of sports.

That's funny.

Nice...remind anyone of Jason Taylor?

Just cut this dude already and be done with it. No teams going to trade for him. It's not that he isn't worth a pick to someone like the Vikings but even the Vikings aren't going to trade a 7th round pick for a 35 year old QB who the moment they trade for him is due 10 million. The contract we signed him too is going to come back to bite us in the butt and seems completely unnecessary at this point. The sooner we close the chapter on McNabb and Hanyesworth the better off we are going to be.

Nice...remind anyone of Jason Taylor?

Just cut this dude already and be done with it. No teams going to trade for him. It's not that he isn't worth a pick to someone like the Vikings but even the Vikings aren't going to trade a 7th round pick for a 35 year old QB who the moment they trade for him is due 10 million. The contract we signed him too is going to come back to bite us in the butt and seems completely unnecessary at this point. The sooner we close the chapter on McNabb and Hanyesworth the better off we are going to be.

Exactly...I've been saying this since the moment he signed that contract.

McNabb is UNTRADEABLE.

He's cuttable. Or we can pay him that ridiculous $10 million and keep him.

I would agree with you that he did this to garner attention and kind of take a shot at the skins. But, perhaps he's giving the Skins a taste of their own medicine. The Redskins did everything they could to embarass McNabb out of town (Jim Zorn anyone?, I'm seeing a pattern here...) No, I don't care about McNabb's feelings, but I'm offering you a potential reason for his antics.

McNabb came to DC to fix our QB situation for the next 3-4 years. The impatience of this franchise, among many other things, is the reason why Donovan did not succeed here. How could you not know what you were getting with Donovan McNabb? A great arm but sometimes inaccurate. Could go out one week and throw 365 with three td's, and the next week 155 ith 2 INTS. But the whole point here is that McNabb was posting those numbers with a team that was built smartly through the draft and free agency. Now, all of a sudden, he's thrown into the mix with a group of guys that are mostly just here in DC to get paid. The difference in talent between philly and us is tremendous and it shows in Donovan's numbers. Sure, he underthrew some passes, made some dumb mistakes, but the staff HAD to know that's what they were getting from him. Couple that with not knowing the system? Oy...

Let's get a reality check here, people. McNabb was benched and dropped down the depth chart below Rex Grossman and John Beck. JOHN BECK. I know some of you have already heralded Beck as your savior and diamond in the rough, but I mean, come on, it's JOHN BECK. Arizona thinks our QB situation is bad. And with Stephon Heyer as our potential starting right tackle, I bet you anything McNabb is glad in a way last season played out like it did.

lol i think jim zorn embarrassed himself out of town on his own. remember the swinging gate? that was his choice.

Thanks Scruffy and Voiceofreason. You took the words out of my mouth regarding Randyholts post. Time for the players to get on board or get out. I want the offense to be run efficiently. I want to score alot of points. We've been one of the worst offensive teams over the years. I want a QB that will run it right. If its Grossman, so be it. McNabb was too inconsistant. And for all the yardage he threw for, we still couldn't score for crap. So tired of 16-13 games. I want to see 31-13 games. Too many times we've brought in guys who didn't fit the system or didn't want to give 100%. Those times are over. I'm not on the players side anymore. We have a superior coaching staff and the players need to play better. Plain and simple. We've been one of the worst teams in the league, a laughingstock for almost 20 years. I'm sick of it. Get with the program or take your lazy, no learning ass to another team.

Clearly a move to get press. Guy has never worked out in Philly before.

But whatever. Personally, I think he's very close to done as a legit NFL starter. Where does he start next year?

Arizona has no interest in him -- Whisenhunt is simply not a fan.

Minny? I don't know. If so, he will have to deal with folks calling for Ponder from day one.

Same goes for Tennessee with Locker.

You know what's nuts? In a bizarre way, he's leaving the team that would have been the best situation for him far and away had things worked out just a little better. Because there's no young QB here. I think Donovan's going to regret not sucking it up and doing things the Shanahan way from the beginning. Wouldn't have kept him from throwing bounce passes, but an attitude adjustment goes a long way with coaches.

lol i think jim zorn embarrassed himself out of town on his own. remember the swinging gate? that was his choice.

True, but getting your play-calling duties pulled for a bingo caller has got to be an all time low for any coach.

I wonder if we'll look back, some years down the road, at Swinging Gate as the one play that turned this franchise around. The desperation of a franchise finally culminating in a play that was simply astounding. I can just see the Super Bowl DVD now.

Thanks Scruffy and Voiceofreason. You took the words out of my mouth regarding Randyholts post. Time for the players to get on board or get out. I want the offense to be run efficiently. I want to score alot of points. We've been one of the worst offensive teams over the years. I want a QB that will run it right. If its Grossman, so be it. McNabb was too inconsistant. And for all the yardage he threw for, we still couldn't score for crap. So tired of 16-13 games. I want to see 31-13 games. Too many times we've brought in guys who didn't fit the system or didn't want to give 100%. Those times are over. I'm not on the players side anymore. We have a superior coaching staff and the players need to play better. Plain and simple. We've been one of the worst teams in the league, a laughingstock for almost 20 years. I'm sick of it. Get with the program or take your lazy, no learning ass to another team.

AMEN!!!! Say it again!!!!

True, but getting your play-calling duties pulled for a bingo caller has got to be an all time low for any coach.

I wonder if we'll look back, some years down the road, at Swinging Gate as the one play that turned this franchise around. The desperation of a franchise finally culminating in a play that was simply astounding. I can just see the Super Bowl DVD now.

Our next America's Game will start out "In 2009, the Redskins franchise hit a low point. The next year, Mike Shanahan came in and put them on the right path, 4 years later (or however many), they won the Super Bowl"

haha oh my god that would be a great superbowl dvd :)

You know what's nuts? In a bizarre way, he's leaving the team that would have been the best situation for him far and away had things worked out just a little better. Because there's no young QB here. I think Donovan's going to regret not sucking it up and doing things the Shanahan way from the beginning. Wouldn't have kept him from throwing bounce passes, but an attitude adjustment goes a long way with coaches.

Bang on point,

He's **** in his own nest here.

Archived