Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McNabb practices at Eagles player only workouts

SteveFromYellowstone

Philly surprise: McNabb works out with former teammates

A familiar face was present when the Eagles held a players-only workout on Wednesday: Donovan McNabb.

The quarterback, who was traded by Philadelphia to the Washington Redskins in early 2010, joined some of his former teammates for a workout at Power Train in Cherry Hill, N.J., before hitting the field at the Memorial Sports Complex for agility drills and weight training with Jamaal Jackson, Austin Howard, Trevor Laws and Juqua Parker among others, csnphilly.com reported.

Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai

"I'm just focused on working out, it's what I do in the offseason," McNabb said. “So, working with a great group of guys. (The Power Train) guys did a wonderful job of preparing those guys. So, I was just looking forward to it."

McNabb, who is the Eagles' franchise leader in several statistical categories, was in the region for the dedication of The McNabb Family Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Voorhees Replacement Hospital.

McNabb more than likely will be on the move again once the lockout is lifted after Redskins coach Mike Shanahan benched him for the final three games of the regular season in favor of Rex Grossman. The Redskins traded a second-round pick in 2010 and a conditional pick in 2011 for the six-time Pro Bowl selection.

Click link for rest of article...http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8206ef85/article/philly-surprise-mcnabb-works-out-with-former-teammates?module=HP_headlines

I heard it earlier today and just shrugged. I don't really even consider him a Redskin at this point.

Anyways, it wasn't like a large player organized practice, only like 5-6 guys or something.

Exactly. Why should anyone care at this point. The Redskins have done everything but shown him the door. He needs to prepare for the season and why not prepare with people you're comfortable with during the work stoppage?

what a prick, i know hes leaving but really they traded you at least go work out with syracuse players, obviously he still considers himself an iggle which means all last season he did as well, which couldnt have been prevented from day one shanny didnt make a mistake, he probably is the best qb we could have gotten wit a second, he just didnt want to play for us like al

It seems to me, we should allow Donovan to come to pratice and show exactly what he has. Don't trade him until we see what's there and allow his quotes to invigorate teams to want and sign hiim. Philly essentially saw what he did not have and let us pursue him without telling us what they thought he had. So why not in turn let him expose himself to us good or bad, good keep him on, bad trade him. We would be smart to let his mouth run the course, back it all up on the field. The Shanahans would come out smelling good if Donovan stunk it up, then they could say we know how to evaluate talent and Donovan just does not have it anymore, not for us anyway.

Hail

I thought #5 always did his pre-season "practice" out in Arizona. This smells to me like a ******** move. He knew he would garner media attention if he did this, and it would be a fun little "giggle, giggle" moment when some reporter asked him why he was practicing here and not with the Skins. A free shot at the team and the coaches without actually having to man up to anything because he could use the dedication ceremony as his excuse. This guys on a whole other level when it comes to sneaky, conniving, douchebaggery.

This a non-story. A lot of players have been practicing with players from other teams. Justin Tryon has been practicing with the Skins. These "practices" are more or less just running drills with simple schemes that are not secrets to anybody. They are just trying to keep their legs fresh and their eyes sharp.

It would be the equivalent of Dwayne Wade playing Kobe Bryant in a game of H-O-R-S-E .

I am fearful that Kyle Shanahan is a bigger clown than McNabb. His Shanego mandating a nobody like Beck or Grossman run the show so there aren't any problems. I wonder how Kyle would do with Peyton or Brady. Daaaad, they won't listen to me. Daaaaad, they think they know how to run an offense better than me. Breaking news, they do.

Its fun to read the hypersensitive posters knee jerk reactions though. Who gives a rats ass who he works out with. It was not an eagles practice. He was hanging with his former teammates. He has been outcast here. We fumbled away a decent QB and picks, dont hate on McNabb. Get over it. McNabb has been a class act dealing with our mess of a team. We benched him for a two minute drill :doh: and rarely used him to his strengths.

I thought #5 always did his pre-season "practice" out in Arizona. This smells to me like a ******** move. He knew he would garner media attention if he did this, and it would be a fun little "giggle, giggle" moment when some reporter asked him why he was practicing here and not with the Skins. A free shot at the team and the coaches without actually having to man up to anything because he could use the dedication ceremony as his excuse. This guys on a whole other level when it comes to sneaky, conniving, douchebaggery.

I would agree with you that he did this to garner attention and kind of take a shot at the skins. But, perhaps he's giving the Skins a taste of their own medicine. The Redskins did everything they could to embarass McNabb out of town (Jim Zorn anyone?, I'm seeing a pattern here...) No, I don't care about McNabb's feelings, but I'm offering you a potential reason for his antics.

McNabb came to DC to fix our QB situation for the next 3-4 years. The impatience of this franchise, among many other things, is the reason why Donovan did not succeed here. How could you not know what you were getting with Donovan McNabb? A great arm but sometimes inaccurate. Could go out one week and throw 365 with three td's, and the next week 155 ith 2 INTS. But the whole point here is that McNabb was posting those numbers with a team that was built smartly through the draft and free agency. Now, all of a sudden, he's thrown into the mix with a group of guys that are mostly just here in DC to get paid. The difference in talent between philly and us is tremendous and it shows in Donovan's numbers. Sure, he underthrew some passes, made some dumb mistakes, but the staff HAD to know that's what they were getting from him. Couple that with not knowing the system? Oy...

Let's get a reality check here, people. McNabb was benched and dropped down the depth chart below Rex Grossman and John Beck. JOHN BECK. I know some of you have already heralded Beck as your savior and diamond in the rough, but I mean, come on, it's JOHN BECK. Arizona thinks our QB situation is bad. And with Stephon Heyer as our potential starting right tackle, I bet you anything McNabb is glad in a way last season played out like it did.

I get the embarrassment of the first benching, but once we were out of the playoff run and the team was beat up with so many vets out... what's so insulting about trying out the back up and young guys. The fact that the back ups and young guys played equal to or better says something. McNabb shouldn't have been embarrassed about being benched. He should have been embarrassed about being outplayed by Rex Grossman.

Archived