Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marijuana and Brain Cells

Chiefinonhaze

Ahh yes. Good ole train wreck. Sativa dominant hybrid. Very funky. It's kinda harsh on your throat and very potent. Very good for appetite, usually a lighter green color with red trichomes instead of orange. Haven't seen it in awhile but one of my all time favorite strains.

Years ago a good friend of mine gave some MJ, he told me her name was Black Mamba or someting like that, directly from Amsterdam, and oh my god, very strong, tasty and powerful for me, I felt a relaxing and peaceful cold heat inside of me. Good one, very good.

I like MJ, but since 2008 I'm clean. From my experience I can tell I never felt the need to consume like a crazy.

I assume my brain cells work fine, I consume from 2000 to 2008 at least every four days.

When my body was used to those reactions I quit.

I can and I will compare doctors who hand out medically unnecessary MJ cards for large profit to doctors who run pill mills for large profit. There is no difference between their motives...they are motivated by greed, not for the well-being of their patients. You can rationalize it as pot doesn't cause as much societal damage as opiates, but that's just rationalization. For the record, as far as MJ goes, I am not against it medicinally, but it needs to be monitored effectively, just as prescription drugs need to be better monitored, particularly in states like Florida and Ohio.

And lacing the weed with coke and heroin is not an "isolated" incident in this area. Yes, it would happen regardless of whether or not pot dispensaries were present or not, but medical grade marijuana is much easier to get ahold of when there are hundreds of dispensaries to chose from. :)

Yes the motives are the same, and I will admit I know nothing about the lacIng incidents in your part of the country so I will take your word for it and that is terrible and sucks really bad.

The only point I was trying to make, not very well obviously was that the effect of opiate narcotic pain medication pill mills screws up people's lives and communtities much more then pot dispensaries. If that's me rationalizing it then so be it. It's the truth. I'm not saying that this "blitz" of pot dispensaries in Colorado, California, etc is right, I just don't think it's fair to lump the two together all though I do see the similarities.

I think we just have different opinions on the matter and that's fine, I respect your point of view.

The only point I was trying to make, not very well obviously was that the effect of opiate narcotic pain medication pill mills screws up people's lives and communtities much more then pot dispensaries. If that's me rationalizing it then so be it. It's the truth. I'm not saying that this "blitz" of pot dispensaries in Colorado, California, etc is right, I just don't think it's fair to lump the two together all though I do see the similarities.

I think we just have different opinions on the matter and that's fine, I respect your point of view.

Fair enough. We can agree to disagree about the effects of marijuana abuse on society. I will definitely agree with your opinion that prescription opiate abuse appears to damage lives more profoundly. I personally know more than one person addicted to prescription pain killers and had a close family friend who was my age pass away from an overdose last year. Absolutely devastating :(

medicinal is a stupid term either its legal or not, how is it different for them but not me, why can they use it to relax but i cant. i smoked medicianal great stuff, but still does the same thing for all of us.

my point is if it were legal everywhere for 18 year old and treated as tobaco then nobody would be lacing it because it would be regulated. not to mention taxed. i dont smoke tobaco but use use mj instead its both just to calm down and focus. no difference

medicinal is a stupid term either its legal or not, how is it different for them but not me, why can they use it to relax but i cant.

I don't know, maybe the same reason injured and sick people are prescribed pain killers and healthy people are not?

my point is if it were legal everywhere for 18 year old and treated as tobaco then nobody would be lacing it because it would be regulated. not to mention taxed. i dont smoke tobaco but use use mj instead its both just to calm down and focus. no difference

Do you realize there is a sizeable underground market for tobacco products?

The following post equals a two week break. Read at your own risk, and enjoy the irony of "coma"

-es staff

QUOTE=stoney26;8353310]Ive been a daily MJ user for about 12 years. Now there is no telling how well Id be doing now if I never touched the stuff but I graduated high school with an advanced diploma, graduated college in 4.5 years, and now own my own company developing land and building neighborhoods. Id say Im doing pretty well. If chronic does in fact kill brain cells, it has to be at a very small rate. Of course I have my pot head moments like looking for my car keys when they are in my hand etc,but Id consider myself pretty sharp, and like I said, I smoke the good **** everyday.

wow, man those coma's and stuff are just freakin' me out man! It's like they're dancing on the screen. wow. whadda trip.

I'm guessing you timed your buzz to peak during punctuation and grammar class in "high" school.

Anyone seen my keys? I need something to RIGHT ON!!!!! Let's freak out the establishment!

---------- Post added June-23rd-2011 at 08:38 AM ----------

medicinal is a stupid term either its legal or not, how is it different for them but not me, why can they use it to relax but i cant. i smoked medicianal great stuff, but still does the same thing for all of us.

wow man, you use weed to focus? I find that hard to swallow. My girlfriend in high school used to swallow. I should call her. She had a nice rack too. I bet gravity has taken care of that now. I saw a show on TV about gravity. It doesn't really pull us down, it pushes us instead. You know what else I saw? a black hole on TV last night. I didn't really see the hole, cause you can't see them, but I saw where it was. You could tell because it was all black. Maybe that's the hole?

Do you realize there is a sizeable underground market for tobacco products?

Yeah, but that underground market is completely different.

Underground tobacco is like me buying a case of cigarettes here in VA at $4.00 a pack and then going up to New York and selling them for $8.00 a pack. It's not people manufacturing and selling drugs that go unregulated and untaxed.

Medicinal weed IS LEGAL in Colorado.

Hold on, I have to quibble here. You were the one who pointed out that medicinal marijuana is merely "legal" in Colorado, not legal. You can't then turn around and proclaim that MM is fully "LEGAL" when it fits your argument. Pick one or the other.

I find it ridiculous that some can insist that opiate abuse is on par with marijuana usage. I know of 3 people that THIS YEAR overdosed and died on opiate pain medication, yet there is not a single documented case in the history of the world of an individual who has died due to a marijuana overdose. Opiates, in most areas, are more easily accessible than marijuana and the effects are far more dangerous.

According to a press release from the Marijuana Policy Project (MPP), the two congressmen will introduce “bi-partisan legislation tomorrow ending the federal war on marijuana and letting states legalize, regulate, tax, and control marijuana without federal interference.”

It will be the first bill ever introduced in Congress to end the federal ban on marijuana.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/06/22/barney-frank-and-ron-paul-unite-over-weed/

Hold on, I have to quibble here. You were the one who pointed out that medicinal marijuana is merely "legal" in Colorado, not legal. You can't then turn around and proclaim that MM is fully "LEGAL" when it fits your argument. Pick one or the other.

I used quotation marks for "legal" to show my opinion of the legality of MM. MM is legal here in the state of Colorado, but I consider it essentially sham "legal." I'm not changing positions. MM is, in fact, legal in Colorado under state law.

---------- Post added June-23rd-2011 at 06:51 AM ----------

I find it ridiculous that some can insist that opiate abuse is on par with marijuana usage. I know of 3 people that THIS YEAR overdosed and died on opiate pain medication, yet there is not a single documented case in the history of the world of an individual who has died due to a marijuana overdose. Opiates, in most areas, are more easily accessible than marijuana and the effects are far more dangerous.

I'm insisting the prevalence of usage in states where MM is legal are on par with opiate use. I'm not insisting that MM is more acutely dangerous than opiate use, I think that's pretty obvious. Both have detrimental effects on a community in different ways, but opiate abuse clearly has much harsher effects on an individual, family and community than MM. I'm sure there are many of us who know or are related to people who have had problems with addiction to pain killers, and some have unfortunately lost their lives.

As for physicians who set up practices for the sole purpose of pumping out MM cards to anyone who enters their establishment's door, well, I don't perceive much of a difference between them and physicians who set up pill mill establishments to distribute narcotic prescriptions to anyone willing to pay cash. Both are purely profit-driven and are prescribing drugs to many people who do not truly need them.

The hell would rather smoke weed purely and only for pain relief than to get a real drug like Oxycodone? Assuming you wouldn't get addicted.

I'm not sure i understand your question or comment.

---------- Post added June-23rd-2011 at 04:25 PM ----------

Fair enough. We can agree to disagree about the effects of marijuana abuse on society. I will definitely agree with your opinion that prescription opiate abuse appears to damage lives more profoundly. I personally know more than one person addicted to prescription pain killers and had a close family friend who was my age pass away from an overdose last year. Absolutely devastating :(

Yes it an epidemic that doesn't get enough attention in "the war on drugs".

wow, man those coma's and stuff are just freakin' me out man! It's like they're dancing on the screen. wow. whadda trip.

I'm guessing you timed your buzz to peak during punctuation and grammar class in "high" school.

Anyone seen my keys? I need something to RIGHT ON!!!!! Let's freak out the establishment!

Lol....I thought I did a pretty decent job on my punctuation on that post while I was typing on my iphone but I catch your drift. You do not respect people who smoke weed and thats fine with me too. Different strokes for different folks.

I will say though the last reason I smoke pot or even started smoking was to "freak out the establishment". Not even close my friend. Some people like a nice cold beer after work, I enjoy something a little different. Does that make me a bad person?

Lol....I thought I did a pretty decent job on my punctuation on that post while I was typing on my iphone but I catch your drift. You do not respect people who smoke weed and thats fine with me too. Different strokes for different folks.

I will say though the last reason I smoke pot or even started smoking was to "freak out the establishment". Not even close my friend. Some people like a nice cold beer after work, I enjoy something a little different. Does that make me a bad person?

Absolutely not. If you consume something that helps you unwind after work then so be it and if it works for you maybe it can work for others. We should have a choice in the matter. Frankly, I don't like the way alcohol makes me feel, but I consume it because it is the only thing I can consume that would make me lose my job.

wow ^^^ i would beg to differ i know just as many stupid people who dont smoke pot to just as many stupid people that do.

mj doesnt kill brain cells unless you basically suffocate yourself with it, which is actually the loss of oxygen that causes the loss of brain cells. -reefer madness the movie.

I'm talking about watching the gradual, progressive deterioration of one's mental abilities and behavior (someone that you know for a long period of time), and not talking about just meeting someone that acts stupid in general and also smokes pot.

I feel pot smokers get mischaractarized as the equivalent of binge drinkers who do so just for the attention and to "get wasted." I believe in reality they are like the average drinker, who does so to unwind and usually doesn't get hammered, both have fringe elements which love the excess, in part because they think it's "cool," but the average person doesn't do either for that reason. JMHO.

I feel pot smokers get mischaractarized as the equivalent of binge drinkers who do so just for the attention and to "get wasted."

And I feel that someone with "bong" in his user name, is going to have an unfair bias, on the subject of marijuana :silly:

It's tough to guage that though because, like drinking, it all depends on the amount that is consumed. It's the same thing with booze and fast food!

Hell, there are already plenty of consumer products that are extremely detrimental to our health. I just don't get why marijuana is as demonized as it is.

Side effects of prescription drugs - awful! Eat too much fast food - risk of heart disease! Alcohol - liver damage. Cigs - cancerfest. etc etc

Every now and then, I'll take a pull off of my 1-hitter to relax after work - watch some TV. Same as having a few beers in my book.

Edit: Another little tidbit I found out that you all may already know - the NBA doesn't drug test for Marijuana. Why? Because it would kill their league. Hey, better to have them smokin a J in their room than getting plastered I guess.

Archived