Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New "Weird Al" song parodies Lady Gaga! With Music Video!

stupidmorals

I love Weird Al. My wife and I do own all his albums (except the one that releases tomorrow, of course). He does a great live show, too.

The entire new album, Apocolypse is streamed here, legally (it's linked on his official site).

Techboy, I always knew there was a reason I liked you. And yeah, have all of his albums (well, original releases, none of the compilations) and pre-ordered the new one a month ago. I've been a fan since I found my brother's pirated cassette copy of Alapalooza when I was 8 or 9 years old (I'm pretty sure he never got that tape back...). And yeah, Weird Al is absolutely phenomenal in concert (the number of costume changes alone is staggering).

weird al's live show is one of the most fundamentally entertaining experiences a person can pay to have. i've seen over a thousand rock concerts in my life and i can't think of any in particular i'd say were better than his.

the man is in incredible physical shape for any age, but particularly for someone who's gotta be pushing 50.

i'm unembarassed to say the dude is one of my heroes.

Weird Al Yankovic is not only hilarious, but he has to be one of the most consistent pop acts of all time. You can't really point to a time where he was "off his game." He does what he does well and he's been doing it at that level for over thirty years.

I could have never imagined this much excitement over Weird Al.

A lot of people underestimate Weird Al, especially if their only exposure is only to his straight out parodies, like "Bad" or "Eat it". He actually has a tremendous amount of musical talent, and some of his best stuff is what he calls a "style parody", an original song written in the style of a band or genre.

I saw an interview with a member of Devo, and he said that he hated Weird Al for

, because it was beautiful.

Kurt Cobain called him a musical genius, and Chamillionaire was impressed by his rapping skills.

He's really got a tremendous range, and he's wicked smaht to boot... He has a degree in architecture from Cal Poly, and as I recall, he graduated when he was 19 or something.

Had no idea there was new album coming out, thanks for posting this.

No problem, man. The way I see it, The World Must Know!

I think it was already stated, but the Al-bum (ha!) came out today.

And he has a music video (most are animated, I should imagine) for every song on the album. Or he soon will, I think there are two left to do.

Wasn't there some controversy a couple of months back because Gaga's people wouldnt let him use a song or something? I seem to remember a thread about it. Guess they worked it out.

Anyway, it's amazing how long this dude has lasted. And how well he's lasted. He's just timeless. I do believe the first musical album I ever owned was a Weird Al--20+ years ago. He looks exactly the same and still cranks them out.

I seem to remember his Coolio, "Gangsta's Paradise" spoof being awesome. Can't remember the details though.

Wasn't there some controversy a couple of months back because Gaga's people wouldnt let him use a song or something? I seem to remember a thread about it. Guess they worked it out

Apparently, the story is that when he sought permission to do the song (which he always does, even though he technically doesn't have to), her manager decided to say no without even checking with her. A firestorm ensued, and she found out about it, listened to the song, and called him directly to give him the okay.

He blogged about it here:

After putting my Lady Gaga parody on YouTube this morning – and announcing that it wouldn’t be on my next album because Gaga didn’t approve it – there was a huge outpouring of disappointment from the Internet.

Apparently the fact that she didn’t approve it was news to Lady Gaga herself!

Gaga’s manager has now admitted that he never forwarded my parody to Gaga – she had no idea at all. Even though we assumed that Gaga herself was the one making the decision (because, well, that’s what we were TOLD), he apparently made the decision completely on his own.

He’s sorry.

And Gaga loves the song.

I’m thrilled on many levels to hear this, because 1) I truly respect and admire Gaga as an artist and it pained me to think of her as having less than a great sense of humor, and 2) it means I GET TO PUT OUT MY ALBUM!

As promised, all my proceeds from the song (and the MUSIC VIDEO… I can’t wait…) will go to the Human Rights Campaign.

I think it was already stated, but the Al-bum (ha!) came out today.

back in High School I made a Weird Al mix called Weird Album :)

---------- Post added June-22nd-2011 at 02:03 AM ----------

You guys are crazy. It's
. Finding a bunch of fat guys that could dance was a feat in and of itself, but the video is sheer genius. Michael Jackson actually let him use the original set for "Bad".

Weird Al always gets permission from the artists before he puts them on an album. I think he'll do ones without permission at live concerts, though. Its all covered under satire, so he doesn't have to ask permission, but he respects other artists.

Archived