Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rock Music, The NFL and WWE all freaking suck.

HRNY4ZRNY

Yeah I just get discouraged because people give me ideas on what bands to look for and I just dont really feel a connection to the song. but i will give it a try.

You should try to look up who your favorite muscians were influenced by and work around from that. Linkin park claims Nine inch Nails. Trent Reznor is a viable muscian.

---------- Post added May-26th-2011 at 12:03 PM ----------

HRNY4RNY...

Seriously, research your favorite music a little bit and find who influenced your favorite musicians. Listen to that stuff and experience the music that made it what it is today.

I think the way I said it was better. :ols:

heavy, great post...must have beat you by a couple seconds.

To the OP, agreed on the WWE right now. I wish the Rock were back for each week. I might watch again if he did. However, I just catch it on youtube when I see it on a blog.

yeah dude. i was never much for 'classic rock' myself, always been into punk. but one day i got stoned and watched it with a buddy of mine wow it was pretty powerful. you really get a feel for the music, the generation. Watching Ten Years After absolutely nailing it, Richie Havens singing with more soul than I've ever seen, and Joe ****er being Joe ****er, you just can't not get into it.

Get Rhapsody. I discovered SO much music just going through Similar Artists and listening to their genre radios.

And I'm just breaking your balls about The Beatles although it really is shocking that anyoine couldn't immediately identify Abbey Road. It's funny, I'm only 20, and going through dorms, the most popular poster is still The Beatles.

And Bang - I dig me some Kinks and Stones. Not as much has Zeppelin though.

Thanks, will do.

Recommendations are always good.

~Bang

Listened to your shows a few times and will try to more often now that Survivor is off the air (it's one of the few shows my wife and I actually both like and watch together). Any way, I always see The Dead Boys on your playlists. Do yourself a favor, if you haven't already, and check out Positively Sick on 4th St. by The Humpers. IMO, one of the best punk/hardcore/underground rock and roll albums ever. If your a Dead Boys fan, you'll love this overlooked classic album.

Edit: oops, forgot the link to Amazon's listing for it.

http://www.amazon.com/Positively-Sick-On-4th-Street/dp/B002I66PSU/ref=tmm_msc_title_0/180-4075822-8729143

Listened to your shows a few times and will try to more often now that Survivor is off the air (it's one of the few shows my wife and I actually both like and watch together). Any way, I always see The Dead Boys on your playlists. Do yourself a favor, if you haven't already, and check out Positively Sick on 4th St. by The Humpers. IMO, one of the best punk/hardcore/underground rock and roll albums ever. If your a Dead Boys fan, you'll love this overlooked classic album.

Edit: oops, forgot the link to Amazon's listing for it.

http://www.amazon.com/Positively-Sick-On-4th-Street/dp/B002I66PSU/ref=tmm_msc_title_0/180-4075822-8729143

Cool, will do. Gotta love punk bands and their names. The Humpers :ols:

One thing I have always loved about punk is it's inherent sense of humor.. Good punk bands never took themselves too seriously.. even when they were totally serious.

I do believe that my show is going to be repeated on Saturday afternoons at 4 starting NEXT weekend, so there's two chances to hear new and old things.

If anyone wants, they can follow Bang Music Hour on facebook,, the page is brand spankin' new.

Requests, snarky comments, mess with me on there all you want.

~Bang

Cool, will do. Gotta love punk bands and their names. The Humpers :ols:

One thing I have always loved about punk is it's inherent sense of humor.. Good punk bands never took themselves too seriously.. even when they were totally serious.

I do believe that my show is going to be repeated on Saturday afternoons at 4 starting NEXT weekend, so there's two chances to hear new and old things.

If anyone wants, they can follow Bang Music Hour on facebook,, the page is brand spankin' new.

Requests, snarky comments, mess with me on there all you want.

~Bang

Bang,

ever get into Tom Waits?

HRNY4ZRNY, try this out. Not your normal "rock", more folksy, but good ****.

You can't help but be swept up into the passion these guys have for their music, and feel a connection to the songs:

lLJf9qJHR3E

_KCg_QEHtkY

3KkUeRPjc-Y

Bang you a fan of The Clash?

Absolutely.

Saw them open for the Who way back when.

Their first album is still one of my favorites.. I like it better than London Calling, and I love London Calling.---------- Post added May-26th-2011 at 10:04 PM ----------

Bang,

ever get into Tom Waits?

Most definitely.. Tom Waits is a genuine trubadour, one of the most interesting musicians in my lifetime, for sure.. I play him on the show occasionally.

Quick trivia,, Led Zeppelin's final concert as a band, the Knebworth show.. Tom Waits intro'd them onstage.

~Bang

Really? I think London Calling is top 15 all-time material. It's just banging from start to end covering so many styles and I love their heavily reggae influenced style. Ah hell, they're both fantastic albums.

I totally agree. it's great.

I just like the Clash's first better. The energy level of that album never was topped.

~Bang

Absolutely.

Saw them open for the Who way back when.

Their first album is still one of my favorites.. I like it better than London Calling, and I love London Calling.---------- Post added May-26th-2011 at 10:04 PM ----------

I had a friend who saw that tour when it played in Detroit, he said when the crowd just wanted to see The Who and when the Clash played Should We Stay or Should We Go the crowd screamed "Go!"

I had a friend who saw that tour when it played in Detroit, he said when the crowd just wanted to see The Who and when the Clash played Should We Stay or Should We Go the crowd screamed "Go!"

I saw that tour in the deep south with about 25,000 shirtless rednecks who all looked like Lynyrd Skynyrd stunt doubles.

Let me tell you , they weren't too fond of the Clash.

~Bang

ZRNY, I assume you won't be attending WWE Capitol Punishment in June at Verizon? I don't blame you. Hell, I don't want to witness another "SuperCena" moment ever again. CM Punk is my lone saving grace in WWE

Wont be going unless I win free tickets or something.

I like CM Punk alot. Great character development over the years and really intense on the mic.

I check in to WWE once and awhile. It was my first passion. There are just no more Oh Crap moments when my jaw drops and I jump out of the couch.

They just forgot how to wow us.

I think Cena is very talented just his character is stale and boring now.

I love Revolution Rock, Rock the Casbah and London Calling.

Archived