Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rock Music, The NFL and WWE all freaking suck.

HRNY4ZRNY

Absolutely.

Saw them open for the Who way back when.

Their first album is still one of my favorites.. I like it better than London Calling, and I love London Calling.---------- Post added May-26th-2011 at 10:04 PM ----------

Most definitely.. Tom Waits is a genuine trubadour, one of the most interesting musicians in my lifetime, for sure.. I play him on the show occasionally.

Quick trivia,, Led Zeppelin's final concert as a band, the Knebworth show.. Tom Waits intro'd them onstage.

~Bang

Indeed. I'm glad I discovered him when I did - it's amazing how long he's been performing. I was lucky enough to see him a few years back in Knoxville - I tell you his voice rattled my bones...it was an amazing show.

waits.jpg

I do think there is still great music out there, but you just won't find it on local radio.

As for the WWE, I had completely left it in the rearview for seven years, and the only reasn why I tried to watch it these last few months is because The Rock came back. John Cena was one of the main reasons why I stopped watching wrestling, and no I am not a hater at all. There are many reasons why I am not a fan of him, and I will list some of them.

- He, along with Batista, Orton, and a few others, were ushered in during the "Ruthless Aggression" era ( I guess you can call it that ) when the WWE began to sweat a little after Austin walked out, and the Rock left for Hollywood, so they had to usher in the "new generation" of stars. It got worse once Lesnar left, and the Smackdown brand was left without a lead guy, thus John Cena and his annoying wigger gimmick was shoved down everyones throats.

- The only thing mildly entertaining about him was his promos, which ( due to the then TV 14 DLV rating ) allowed him to be as "controversial" as possible. He apparently no longer has that leg to stand on since the WWE has decided to ignore the audience that is the sole reason why they are still in existence.

- He had about 4-5 boring moves that he used with regularity, and he appeared to lumber around the ring, which is understandable, due to the fact that he was overly muscular.

- Due to his apparent inability to work a match, they all lasted about 6-7 minutes, with him dominating for the most part, ending with his " F-U", which he even admitted at the time that he got the inspiration from Lesnar's F-5, and at that time, all the F-U was, was a an overzealous Firemans Carry, hardly entertaining.

- He, when he finally felt comfortable with his standing in the business, called it upon himself to call out the Rock for doing movies when The Rock left on good standing, wasn't known as a selfish guy, and had about 4x the talent that Cena did, which just made him look bitter.

-He then compares himself to either Muhammad Ali or Mike Tyson when telling the Rock that they could have the match of all matches at next years Wrestlemania. I will say that I may be somewhat biased since I have not watched him in action in a long time, but judging from what I saw of him, and from what a lot of people say about him now, I can do nothing but laugh uncontrollably at that statement.

At least he was popular with the suburban kids, and the WWE caught on to that.

WWF (I refuse to say WWE) is dead to me, but the NFL will be back obviously.

I thought a good example that main stream rock is still alive over the past decade is Jack White. The guy is in like 4 different bands and he never stops working.

UnWise Mike is a total clown. I don't know why anyone would listen to any sports talk at 10 AM which isn't hosted by Tony Kornheiser.

He is the real DC legend and the real big name around here.

UnWise Mike doesn't even have a voice for radio. He sounds bored and monotone. Meanwhile Kornheiser is always rambling like the old guy he is on various topics.

I honestly think Kornheiser is the best radio show host this area has ever had. I've been listening for so long, since his ESPN radio days. His show is hilarious.

Archived