Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFLDraftScout.com 2012 Mock Draft - QB Luck to the Skins

SkinsGuru

If we go 1-15, Shanahan gets fired and it's back to square one, probably with another c-level flunky who will be happy to cash checks while Snyderrato pulls the strings.

You guys crack me up with all the LuckLust.

What if holes in his game appear? What if he suffers a catastrophic injury?

WE GOTTA TANK THE SEASON ON PURPOSE THEN DRAFT LUCK = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Because they wanted to trade back to begin with and could not find a deal and they have wanted McNabb all along if they could get McNabb and a draft pick and the Skins get a young QB to mold everyone maybe happy

Leslie Frazier has said since the beginning of his tenure that his #1 priority was to find a QB for a future that they can grow and develop. His guy. There is a 0% chance that that deal will happen.

i still think the Skins have a plan to get a new QB in the mean time. I think Arizona could be desperate enough to give up a 2nd rounder for McNabb especially with Wishenhunt fully aware that this could be his last season if he doesn't make the playoffs. I don't think we'd get less then a third from a team like Zona. Vikes could still be in play if they don't want Ponder in right away but still want to compete.

I think its possible the Skins could end up with Kyle Orton before we get a QB in next years draft. Fox and Elway have been speaking very highly of Tebow and i don't think Kyle likes the idea of fighting for his job. In Washington, then really wouldn't be any competition for him and we probably would not have to give up a lot to get him. Maybe a conditional pick depending on performance.

I don't think we'll end up w/ the worst record in the league. IMO we'll be better on defense w/ the additions of Atogwe, Kerrigan, & Jenkins and substituting Riley in for Rocky. Offense is the big question mark. I thnk we already have more talent there, but the QB situation & interior line is a huge issue. If we go w/ Beck I can see a 4 win season (i like what I'm hearing about him but until we see it I can't expect it). If we ge a 1-year plug like Hasselback, Orton, or Bulger then we're more of a 6-7 win team and will pick in thet 8-12 range. While I would like Luck, I want to see progress with a young roster and I think there are other very good QB prospects in the '12 draft. Between Andrew Luck, Matt Barkley, Landry Jones, Nick Foles, and Kirk Cousins there will be elite talent available at the position and we should be in position to land one of these guys. Personally, I'm a huge Landry Jones fans and would be just as happy w/ him at QB in '12.

Because they wanted to trade back to begin with and could not find a deal and they have wanted McNabb all along if they could get McNabb and a draft pick and the Skins get a young QB to mold everyone maybe happy

37OWL7AzvHo

IF it meant we got Luck, I would absolutely take a 1-15 season. However, sadly there's no way to know for sure we'd get him and he wouldn't declare again.

But if you told me we would get Luck if we went 1-15? Yeah, I'd do it in a heart beat. Because it'd mean for the next decade we're likely a 10 win or more team, multiple playoff appearances, and legitimate shot at the super bowl. The kids going to be good.

IF it meant we got Luck, I would absolutely take a 1-15 season. However, sadly there's no way to know for sure we'd get him and he wouldn't declare again.

But if you told me we would get Luck if we went 1-15? Yeah, I'd do it in a heart beat. Because it'd mean for the next decade we're likely a 10 win or more team, multiple playoff appearances, and legitimate shot at the super bowl. The kids going to be good.

Can't believe so many of you here just want to lose to get 1 guy next year... Just ask Dan Snyder to remove the redskins from the 2011 season and have them back next year.

That's just plain stupid.

What if that kid, as good as he might be next year, doesn't want to play for us, just like Eli Manning did with the Chargers? We'd be the laughing stock of the NFL again.

Can't you just stop that orgasmic-like reaction about this kid? You're nearly gonna get me rooting for him to go to the pukes.

You just don't tank a season, or willingfully lose a game. If that's what you think you probably never really made any kind of sport. You just don't enter the field with the intention of losing.

I'm glad they put us last, the media has such a great record when it comes to predictions.

Just look at how accurate they all were last year when 80% of them were predicting Dallas winning the SB. Man, how could we EVER doubt them.

I figure they predict we're in last place, we'll probably end up being pretty good/decent.

I was predicting 8-8 before the draft, after our strong draft (and with our insanely weak schedule) I'd say 8-8 or 9-7.

No way to know for sure how the next QB class shapes up. I think it would take a HUGE step back (like he forgot that he is supposed to throw to his own teammates, not the other guys) for Luck not to be the #1 overall pick or, at the very least, the first QB off the board...that is also barring a major injury of course. Then you have guys like Barkley and Jones. Then also guys like Foles, Cousins, etc. Who knows who will fall and who will rise. Someone could come out of the blue and be the Next Big Thing (how many of you knew who Cam Newton was before this past season?). If the guys above end up having good years then it could be a pretty rich draft for QBs, especially considering how many teams took a QB this year. Of course, unless we end up being horrible this year (my guess is we are a 7-8 to 9-7 team), we will have to trade up to get our guy.

no team would trade the #1 pick to us, we would have to have worst record

Don't think that is necessarily true. If it is a team that has just recently invested heavily in a young QB via a high draft pick and believes that the QB they have will be the guy, they may very well trade back. Problem there is...the bidding war starts and it would likely get pretty insane assuming it is Luck and he has another great season.

I don't think it'll happen, but the logic isn't unreasonable though. Perhaps that explains why they reached for Ponder at 12, because Tenn gummed up the works with Locker and QBs were flying off the board. They take Ponder knowing there's a wink wink deal with Wash to send Ponder (or some sort of package) to DC get McNabb once the rules are established. If they don't get McNabb, they can keep Ponder, so it's win win for them.

Isn't unreasonable? So Minny's first rounder for McNabb is reasonable?? Haha if they had taken Ponder in the 3rd round I MIGHT entertain the idea, but the first? Not happening.

Aside from there being no guarantees what sort of a pro Luck may become, as you mentioned; you'd seriously be happy right now if I could wave a magic wand and give you a 1-15 season or worse for the #1 pick? SERIOUSLY?

You think Lucks that good and worth it huh?

Hail.

Uh...yeah? I do. A 1-15/2-14 season now, and winning for the rest of the decade is a good trade-off. If you don't wave that magic wand, we're still going to have a losing season. It'll just be 6-10 or 7-9.

Uh...yeah? I do. A 1-15/2-14 season now, and winning for the rest of the decade is a good trade-off. If you don't wave that magic wand, we're still going to have a losing season. It'll just be 6-10 or 7-9.

I'd personally take steady improvement, an around .500 season, and maybe a great prospect like the Sooner Jones in next years draft.

Hail.

6 or 7 wins with a much younger roster though is progress. If we go 1-15, that means are young vets like Orakpo, Landry, Riley, Barnes, Trent, along with our high picks this year did not progress as much as we'd hope. I'd rather be in position to get a Jones or Barkley type to go with a young roster that has progressed than go 1-15....

Archived