Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFLDraftScout.com 2012 Mock Draft - QB Luck to the Skins

SkinsGuru

I wish someone would explain to me the reason why they beleieve the Skins wont have the first pick in the draft next year? Of the teams who had worse records than Washington last year...What team's record will be worse than than the Skins this year ???

Carolina?? - Already drafted a QB

Cincy?? - They play the NFC West

Denver??- Already have Orton and Tebow plus they play in the AFC west

Dallas?? - I wish but C'mon..

Tennessee?? - Drafted Jake Locker

Arizona?? - They're in the NFC West

Cleveland ??- Colt McCoy

Buffalo?? - Fitzpatrick will shine this year as he showed last year.

49ers'?? - Drafted Andy Dalton

Some of you need to wake up. We are in for one of the longest seasons in Redskins history unless we keep McNabb. But with Beck or Grossman at QB you can be certain we will be in the top 5 draft next year. Grossman and Beck both have sucked in their NFL careers but all of a suddent they're supposed to catch lighting in a bottle and go Rich Gannon on us??? Signing another veteran QB ( Bulger, Young, Hasselbeck..etc) will only make it worse because we dont have talent on this roster. We'll be 5-11 at best without McNabb! But more than likely 4-12 or 3-13.

I'm sure other teams won't hesitate to trade up to get Luck. Selecting QBs in the first or even second round doesn't mean success, such as Clausen "the most NFL ready QB" from last years' draft.

Same thing can happen to Ponder, Locker, Dalton, Kaepernick. Last but not least guess which team drafted 7 QBs from 2000 to 2008 ?

Because they wanted to trade back to begin with and could not find a deal and they have wanted McNabb all along if they could get McNabb and a draft pick and the Skins get a young QB to mold everyone maybe happy

But in order for that scenario to happen, that means we will have to trade next year's 1stand McNabb for Ponder.

But in order for that scenario to happen, that means we will have to trade next year's 1stand McNabb for Ponder.

No we may be able to to get him for a 2nd or 3rd it may not happen but there are a lot of rumours about done deals waiting for the CBA and the lockout to end

We won't be picking first, we'll take Landry Jones, Matt Barkley, or John Brantley. If for some odd reason we don't take a QB, look for Alshon Jeffrey to team with Hankerson. Then we'll go interior OL and linebackers.

if we dont take a QB in next years draft something is seriously wrong with this regime. we cant ignore QB forever.

if we dont take a QB in next years draft something is seriously wrong with this regime. we cant ignore QB forever.

I honestly don't think we ignored QB in this draft man. Just the fricking interfering hicks from TN took our man two slots below us. Throw in the fact we both went in hard for Bradford last year but didn't quiet have the ammo; and then, although it was ultimately a fruitless exercise, at least on the face of it we tried to get the experience and what we thought reliability of the proven McNabb to tied us over.

One thing this regime has recognised from day one is the MASSIVE need for a QB.

Hail.

I honestly don't think we ignored QB in this draft man. Just the fricking interfering hicks from TN took our man two slots below us. Throw in the fact we both went in hard for Bradford last year but didn't quiet have the ammo; and then, although it was ultimately a fruitless exercise, at least on the face of it we tried to get the experience and what we thought reliability of the proven McNabb to tied us over.

One thing this regime has recognised from day one is the MASSIVE need for a QB.

Hail.

fair point, but at some point we gotta pull the trigger, even if it isnt our prime guy. if you set your sights on one guy every year and only one guy, were gonna be disappointed a lot, unless we get the 1st overall pick next year.

If Beck or Rex is the QB next year we WILL suck. I know its the off season and we're used to getting hyped at this time of the year but dont fool yourselves. Just remember how we looka a few months ago. The team didnt go under some magical transformation just because its a new year. Yes we drafted alot of picks but none of them are that good that they will make a huge impact on our record. Im not saying we'll be the worst team in the league but i can see something to similar to this year, maybe a lil bit worse. Either way I say we do what it takes to get Luck. Unless Landry Jones or some other QB has a huge year this year and Luck isnt the clear cut favorite. Oh yea Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina is a beast...would love to get him somehow.

Sorry but I would not be surprised to see Ponder here once there is a CBA in place

Sorry, the Vikings aren't going to use a #12 pick to draft to use for a trade for an old qb. Even if we through something else into the trade like heynsworth and/or a 2nd, it would be absolutely obsurd.

So Cleveland now has two first rounders, two second rounders next year. If they want Luck, he's theres.

---------- Post added May-5th-2011 at 01:09 PM ----------

No we may be able to to get him for a 2nd or 3rd it may not happen but there are a lot of rumours about done deals waiting for the CBA and the lockout to end

Serious? He they wouldn't draft a QB 12th overall to get a second or 3rd in return. Just remember, New Orleans (essentially for Mark Ingram) gave a 1st and a second, and that was 15 spots lower or so.

If we go 1-15, Shanahan gets fired and it's back to square one, probably with another c-level flunky who will be happy to cash checks while Snyderrato pulls the strings.

You guys crack me up with all the LuckLust.

What if holes in his game appear? What if he suffers a catastrophic injury?

WE GOTTA TANK THE SEASON ON PURPOSE THEN DRAFT LUCK = CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

I don't want to tank the season for him, but I'd take him if he's available to us. He's the closest thing to a sure thing in next years draft. I don't think everyone is saying if we take him then it's "championship", but we could at least find the franchise QB that has eluded us for 2 decades.

---------- Post added May-5th-2011 at 01:26 PM ----------

I Some of you need to wake up. We are in for one of the longest seasons in Redskins history unless we keep McNabb. But with Beck or Grossman at QB you can be certain we will be in the top 5 draft next year. Grossman and Beck both have sucked in their NFL careers but all of a suddent they're supposed to catch lighting in a bottle and go Rich Gannon on us??? Signing another veteran QB ( Bulger, Young, Hasselbeck..etc) will only make it worse because we dont have talent on this roster. We'll be 5-11 at best without McNabb! But more than likely 4-12 or 3-13.

Have you not been paying attention to the last 2 years? We've released alot of older veterans (you can't release them all in one year), we cleared alot of cap space AND the last 2 drafts have yeilded some hope as far as youth goes. I'm not saying every pick we made in the last 2 years of the draft will make the squad, but the majority of them will. We are not one of the oldest teams in the league anymore.

---------- Post added May-5th-2011 at 01:30 PM ----------

And for the record, I'd be completely fine with Barkley or Jones if we don't get Luck (which I'm not counting on).

Have you not been paying attention to the last 2 years? We've released alot of older veterans (you can't release them all in one year), we cleared alot of cap space AND the last 2 drafts have yeilded some hope as far as youth goes. I'm not saying every pick we made in the last 2 years of the draft will make the squad, but the majority of them will. We are not one of the oldest teams in the league anymore.

Actually, this years was good, last years was a complete waste. We have Trent Williams, and Terrence Austin (who has potential, but has done nothing) as far as the draft goes. Last years draft was pretty bad.

Not sure how much QB has been ignored. In the last 10 years, the Skins have spent as many first round picks on QB as they have on the 5 OL positions: Samuels and Williams on the OL and Ramsey and Campbell for QB. In the last 5 years alone, the Skins have picked up three QB's through the draft, spent two draft picks on McNabb, traded for Beck, and signed Grossman through FA. You may argue with the results, but I don't think the position has been ignored.

To me, it looks like they've tried every way to procure a QB except giving birth to them and raising them in Fedex.

Because they wanted to trade back to begin with and could not find a deal and they have wanted McNabb all along if they could get McNabb and a draft pick and the Skins get a young QB to mold everyone maybe happy

Interesting scenario that I hadn't thought of. It's sort of like what the NBA does. We'd have to sweeten the pot I would imagine. That would essentially be McNabb for a 1st round pick which isn't going to happen.

---------- Post added May-5th-2011 at 01:45 PM ----------

Actually, this years was good, last years was a complete waste. We have Trent Williams, and Terrence Austin (who has potential, but has done nothing) as far as the draft goes. Last years draft was pretty bad.

We also have Perry Riley (played pretty well towards the end of the year), Selvish Capers.and Erik Cook. Obviously both linemen are projects but they still could contribute.

Whatever happened to all the talk about 'homegrown players' and a 'change' around here. **** Luck. Sure he's great and all, but weren't we tired of chasing players everyone else wanted?

You should PLAN on winning WITHOUT him first. Being in a position to draft him would be a luxury, but all this 'head-in-the-clouds' mancrush bull**** for Andrew Luck is weak, and annoying. People actually talking about tanking a season. FORGET about him. There is a season of football to play. And if you think this season's going to just be a total waste because we didn't draft a QB like everyone ELSE said we should..then chill out. It's like not Shanny doesn't know a good QB is important.

The same thing's going to happen to Andrew Luck as it has to all the 'great' #1 overall qbs coming out recently: He's going to go to a horrible team, and they will still be bad the next year. Seriously, **** Luck. Would you rather Luck come in here and 'save the day' for the Redskins, or would you rather see Rex prove a lot of people wrong and have a great season. I'd rather see a great season this coming year. IMO there's isn't enough football to chalk up a season as a wash. We already saw that bull**** with some of us rooting AGAINST the Skins at the end of last year for higher picks. Why are you even watching/rooting?

Whatever, the universal Luck mancrush is just going to get more and more annoying.

Archived