Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFLDraftScout.com 2012 Mock Draft - QB Luck to the Skins

SkinsGuru

On the one hand we finally land our franchise QB. On the other, this would mean we suck elephant balls in 2011.

Would you take being the worst team in the league in 2011 in exchange for the top pick (and probably QB Andrew Luck) in 2012? I sure as Shanahan's tan would not.

1. Washington Redskins: *Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

Head coach Mike Shanahan didn't get his future quarterback in the 2011 draft, but the upside of a bad season would be Lucking into the player Carolina would have taken No. 1 overall in '11.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aq4sgwc8hP1KD_7N.DW2rq9DubYF?slug=sportsxchange-000315137_early-look-at-2012-firstround-mock-draft

LOL, what??

I would not be surprised if there is not already some sort of deal worked out the Skins and Vikings McNabb going to the Vikes and Ponder headed back and some sort of picks but I could be wrong

I would not be surprised if there is not already some sort of deal worked out the Skins and Vikings McNabb going to the Vikes and Ponder headed back and some sort of picks but I could be wrong
Why on earth would Minnesota do that for?

I think your wrong. If we are going to unload more picks for someone we could have drafted for just one pick, then Shannahan needs help!

There's a mock for 2012 out already? Seriously, it gets nuttier by the year.

What makes people think we're gona' be even worse than last year in the second year and with an upgraded, youthful roster; not to mention FA to come with a **** load of cap space we created through year one is beyond me.

Hail.

Why on earth would Minnesota do that for?

Because they wanted to trade back to begin with and could not find a deal and they have wanted McNabb all along if they could get McNabb and a draft pick and the Skins get a young QB to mold everyone maybe happy

What makes people think we're gona' be even worse than last year in the second year and with an upgraded, youthful roster; not to mention FA to come with a **** load of cap space we created through year one is beyond me.

Hail.

I agree...I don't look for the Skins to be an elite team or anything, but I think we'll actually see a slight improvement. My guess right now would be somewhere between the 7-9 and 9-7 range. Then with year 3 of Shanny, I would think 10-6 or 11-5.

I agree...I don't look for the Skins to be an elite team or anything, but I think we'll actually see a slight improvement. My guess right now would be somewhere between the 7-9 and 9-7 range. Then with year 3 of Shanny, I would think 10-6 or 11-5.

That's the way I'm looking at this thing too. Steady improvement year-on-year, to the point of being a post-season contender again around year 3 or 4.

---------- Post added May-3rd-2011 at 09:37 AM ----------

I'm sorry, but I'll take a 1-15 season for 10 straight winning seasons.

Problem of course is that there is no guarantee.

Aside from there being no guarantees what sort of a pro Luck may become, as you mentioned; you'd seriously be happy right now if I could wave a magic wand and give you a 1-15 season or worse for the #1 pick? SERIOUSLY?

You think Lucks that good and worth it huh?

Hail.

Because they wanted to trade back to begin with and could not find a deal and they have wanted McNabb all along if they could get McNabb and a draft pick and the Skins get a young QB to mold everyone maybe happy

This doesn't make sense for the Skins. Give up ANOTHER pick for a QB they could've had during the draft with just one pick?

Maybe a straight up trade, but I still doubt it.

If McNabb goes anywhere, it's for a pick. Perhaps Arizona.

True...but unless you make the playoffs there is no real difference between a 1-15 team and an 8-8 team. Its actually better to be 1-15 than 8-8 if you dont have a QB so you can get one and turn your franchise around.

You realize that Shanahan probably wouldn't keep his job if he went 1-15?

All this 'tanking-the-season' talk is for cowards and people who have probably never won anything. It makes me sick man.

Furthermore, I'm not sure I could personally recover from the depression I would feel for 16 of the 17 weeks. (Yes, I would be depressed during the bye-week too.)

You should see the 2018 mock...ridiculous. We get 3 of the top 5 RBs that we use in our new coach's wishbone offense.

---------- Post added May-3rd-2011 at 10:56 AM ----------

I would have no problem with a losing season this year to get a Franchise QB and a young exciting team as you see in Green bay.

Same here. If we commit to our increasingly young roster and gel as a team while losing a bunch of games, I can tolerate it. If we end up with the #1 pick watching Haynesworth and other older vets, I'd be frustrated. I can handle John Beck plus youngsters up and down the lineup as a bridge and necessary season of taking lumps though.

You realize that Shanahan probably wouldn't keep his job if he went 1-15?

All this 'tanking-the-season' talk is for cowards and people who have probably never won anything. It makes me sick man.

Furthermore, I'm not sure I could personally recover from the depression I would feel for 16 of the 17 weeks. (Yes, I would be depressed during the bye-week too.)

Especially when there's Landry Jones or Matt Barkley to take.

Honestly, I think the Panthers are going to have the first pick again next year, I just don't see Cam Newton making that much of an impact. I could be wrong, but generally, QBs that come out in the Newton mold don't have much success their first year or two.

I don't think it'll happen, but the logic isn't unreasonable though. Perhaps that explains why they reached for Ponder at 12, because Tenn gummed up the works with Locker and QBs were flying off the board. They take Ponder knowing there's a wink wink deal with Wash to send Ponder (or some sort of package) to DC get McNabb once the rules are established. If they don't get McNabb, they can keep Ponder, so it's win win for them.

of we could possibly get sam bradford in a trade with the rams and even andre johnson in a three way trade deal.... buuut i could be wrong too....

I think we will finish somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7.Then we find a way to trade up to get either Luck or Barkley.Luck is great but really like Barkley too.I would have no problem at this point with us drafting Barkley but we will see how this upcoming season pans out first.

Archived