Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DDP: Approx 8 sections of seating removed in upper deck endzone - more removed as of 2012 DDP, LL Endzone in 2013

MarkB452

Which group got the biggest upgrade?  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Which group got the biggest upgrade?

This poll is closed to new votes

There will be a practice bubble at ashburn...
I heard that. But the only way to make a real indoor practice facility may be to move Redskins Park again...and real estate is very, very expensive in Loudoun County. I'm surprised they didn't buy a larger plot of land when they moved last time.

With the size of the Park building, they could really use brand new, state of the art facility. I know it wasn't in the best of shape when Snyder bought the team. Computers were outdated, a World Championship trophy was found in a closet. :wtf:

a World Championship trophy was found in a closet. :wtf:

SERIOUSLY?? that's a major WTF? How could anyone think putting a Super Bowl trophy in a closet is the right thing to do. But then, when the Cooke estate was in charge, nobody was really in charge and nobody probably wanted to risk making a decision. That is just embarrassing.

Well, world championship is different than the SB, but in a way they are the same, as in you are the best during that year, Either way it's definitely weird and unacceptable. At least they found it and it didn't get thrown our or something along that line.

With the size of the Park building, they could really use brand new, state of the art facility. I know it wasn't in the best of shape when Snyder bought the team. Computers were outdated, a World Championship trophy was found in a closet. :wtf:

If I remember correctly, JKC was always have trouble keeping track of his trophies! :ols:

Jack Kent Cooke's Wife Is Arrested

September 16, 1993| The Washington Post

Marlene Chalmers Cooke, the wife of Washington Redskins owner Jack Kent Cooke, was arrested early Wednesday on a drunk driving charge after she was seen hurtling down a Georgetown street with a man clinging to the hood of her Jaguar convertible and pounding the windshield, police said.

The wild ride began about 12:55 a.m. and continued for several blocks before being halted by police, who arrested Cooke and the man, an acquaintance of hers identified by police as Patrick F. Wermer, 26.

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-09-16/news/mn-35843_1_jack-kent-cooke

pixel.gif

If I remember correctly, JKC was always have trouble keeping track of his trophies! :ols:

Jack Kent Cooke's Wife Is Arrested

September 16, 1993| The Washington Post

Marlene Chalmers Cooke, the wife of Washington Redskins owner Jack Kent Cooke, was arrested early Wednesday on a drunk driving charge after she was seen hurtling down a Georgetown street with a man clinging to the hood of her Jaguar convertible and pounding the windshield, police said.

The wild ride began about 12:55 a.m. and continued for several blocks before being halted by police, who arrested Cooke and the man, an acquaintance of hers identified by police as Patrick F. Wermer, 26.

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-09-16/news/mn-35843_1_jack-kent-cooke

pixel.gif

:ols:

Well played.

So is anyone with any sort of inside info willing to say that the awning/roof ideas floated around here is a real possibility or fans pipe dream. I think it would be great for the fans to have some shelter from the elements as well as a way to keep the noise inside the stadium.

Based on what SonnyAndSam has discussed me with me, he's replaced some top level people in an effort to change the way the organization deals with fans (and the image that comes from it).

I had an issue with my season tickets... I was able to call the Redskins PR office (not the ticket office) and leave a voice mail for the VP, Tony Wyllie. He returned my call with in 2 hours and got me all set up.

That may not mean much to you, but as someone who's been dealing with the organization for a while, and read these forums on a regular basis over the last few years, i was shocked to even get a call back, much less a prompt one.

I get the feeling that the culture change is not just in terms of drafting and acquiring players, but in the way the entire organization is trying to present itself and deal with fans.

I think a lot of stories about how evil Snyder is get blown out of proportion. People don't do their research, they hear one thing and pass it along. Except when they pass it along the story becomes something else, due to the built up hatred for the man.

This all just wonderful, but it has absolutely nothing to do with what we were discussing. Someone said they think that upper deck SRO tickets will be 25 bucks...MAX...and I said that's unlikely, because I have never seen Snyder do anything except gouge Redskins fans at every opportunity. The fact that someone from the ticket office called you back is completely irrelevant to this discussion.

Snyder jacked up prices on everything, and every move he has ever made as owner of the Redskins has been about maximizing profits. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

A recent visit to Six Flags reminded me of the Snyder curse...I hadn't been there in years. Parking was way up, there was advertising EVERYWHERE in the park (including entire coaster trains emblazoned with "Stride Gum" wraparounds," and of course, there were Johnny Rockets all over the place.

I simply wouldn't expect to ever purchase any kind of Redskins gameday product - including SRO tickets - and come away thinking "Gee I just got a great bargain!" That's not anything I see the "culture change" transforming anytime soon.

I simply wouldn't expect to ever purchase any kind of Redskins gameday product - including SRO tickets - and come away thinking "Gee I just got a great bargain!" That's not anything I see the "culture change" transforming anytime soon.

The thing is the seats there were $44 bucks. So unless he adds something great to the party decks he'll have to sell those tickets for less than the seats that were there. 25-30 bucks seems about right.

This all just wonderful, but it has absolutely nothing to do with what we were discussing. Someone said they think that upper deck SRO tickets will be 25 bucks...MAX...and I said that's unlikely, because I have never seen Snyder do anything except gouge Redskins fans at every opportunity. The fact that someone from the ticket office called you back is completely irrelevant to this discussion.

Snyder jacked up prices on everything, and every move he has ever made as owner of the Redskins has been about maximizing profits. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

A recent visit to Six Flags reminded me of the Snyder curse...I hadn't been there in years. Parking was way up, there was advertising EVERYWHERE in the park (including entire coaster trains emblazoned with "Stride Gum" wraparounds," and of course, there were Johnny Rockets all over the place.

https://www.teammarketing.com/public/files/2010_NFL_FCI.pdf

Washington Redskins 2010 (based on 2009 season):

Avg GA seat: $79.13

Avg premium seat: $254.56

Pct increase: 0.0%

Parking: $35.00

Cost for a family of 4 (FCI): $441.43

Pct increase: 0.0%

Beer: $7.00

Soda: $4.00

Hot Dog: $5.00

Program: $5.00

Cap: $14.95

FCI or Fan Cost Index: comprises the prices of four (4) average-price tickets, two (2) small draft beers, four (4) small soft drinks, four (4) regular-size hot dogs, parking for one (1) car, two (2) game

programs and two (2) least-expensive, adult-size adjustable caps.

Now, the NFL avg ticket price is $76.47, and rising every year. The Redskins have not raised ticket prices since 2006. If Dan wanted to raise prices, he could. He hasn't, yet he gets consistently crushed by posters like you. It literally took me 30 seconds of Google searching to find this information. We have the 8th highest ticket cost, and 7th highest FCI. But we are also easily a top 10 NFL market. You should expect to be in the top 10 in prices if you are in a top 10 market. Simple economics.

Its a freaking business. Snyder does basically the same as all the other NFL franchises do. 7 or 8 teams have higher ticket prices. Teams in the major markets have similar parking and food prices. He has bills to pay and he yes, he makes a profit. Big FD. It's a business. And yes...he has done a bunch of things costing millions of dollars for fans that do not translate directly into revenue. He added the escalator to the upper deck; he added two HD video screens last year; he replaced solid panels with clear plexiglass to improve the view in the upper deck for thousands of seats; he added more parking close to the stadium (gray lot); he spends a ton of money on coaches and player (he just hasn't spent it well....would you prefer some of the real cheapskate owners who do not spend money on coaches and players?); last year money was spent painting, sprucing up and landscaping around the stadium; new food carts on the concourse have provided better food. He gives away hundred/thousands of tickets to each game to the military, underprivileged kids, and various community groups. You just refuse to acknowledge what little the media reports and don't know what does not get reported. SRO tickets at Cowboys stadium go for $29 each; I would expect the Skins to do something similar.

There is no NFL or any other professional sports owner that does not try to maximize revenue; they are business men. Granted Snyder has done some things that were questionable...charging for training camp, some of the OV seats, etc. But he is not much different than Bob Kraft, Jerry Jones, etc.

That's a lot of venom, Levi. But I can't wrap my brain around why you are so upset/what you are upset about. Believe me, I am not a Danny fan, but I think anything he can do to improve this stadium is a good move, and it's definately exciting for the STH that he is trying to improve the fan experience as well as the home field advantage.

I understand if you have a beef with Danny, but geez, look at some of the cool stuff this guy is trying to do to this stadium, man. :helmet:

That's a lot of venom, Levi. But I can't wrap my brain around why you are so upset/what you are upset about. Believe me, I am not a Danny fan, but I think anything he can do to improve this stadium is a good move, and it's definately exciting for the STH that he is trying to improve the fan experience as well as the home field advantage.

I understand if you have a beef with Danny, but geez, look at some of the cool stuff this guy is trying to do to this stadium, man. :helmet:

That's not "a lot of venom," it's pointing out that your entire response had NOTHING to do with the issue at hand. I am looking for any evidence that Snyder will make some FINANCIALLY "fan-friendly" moves, and I haven't seen it. Your long off-topic screed did nothing to change my views on that.

So is anyone with any sort of inside info willing to say that the awning/roof ideas floated around here is a real possibility or fans pipe dream. I think it would be great for the fans to have some shelter from the elements as well as a way to keep the noise inside the stadium.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?346859-DDP-Approx-8-sections-of-seating-removed-in-upper-deck-endzone&p=8334457&viewfull=1#post8334457

When you have two teams play, there is a "gate". That's the money people pay for seats for that particular game. That money is split 60-40, with the visiting team getting 40% of it. So no matter what Dan charges for for Season Tickets he still doesn't get 100% of that money. The tickets he gives away, they still HAVE to be paid face value for because of revenue sharing.

Look at it this way. By taking out the endzone seats for a Party Platform & charging less for them, Dan just screwed Jerruh out of a good chunk of his annual 40% when the pukes come to town to get their asses beat. :)

That's not "a lot of venom," it's pointing out that your entire response had NOTHING to do with the issue at hand. I am looking for any evidence that Snyder will make some FINANCIALLY "fan-friendly" moves, and I haven't seen it. Your long off-topic screed did nothing to change my views on that.

NFL Owners are in it to make money. I mean why aren't you yelling at the car manufacturers, oil companies or grocery stores? You think the Redskins are a charity write-off or something? He sold Snyder Communications to make the Redskins his "main" company. I can't think of any owner in sports that doesn't want to make money. Hell, Directv jacks up Sunday Ticket every year. Why? TO MAKE MONEY, Duh! You don't want to contribute, stop buying tickets, stop going to 6 flags and head to Kings Dominion. Don't buy jerseys. Don't buy Redskins stuff. That's what's great about this country, you are NOT forced to buy or go to any of these places. The man owns the team to make money and win championships. He's only accomplished one of those. I just don't get why everyone doesn't want him to make money. He doesn't make money, we have no team.

NFL Owners are in it to make money. I mean why aren't you yelling at the car manufacturers, oil companies or grocery stores? You think the Redskins are a charity write-off or something? He sold Snyder Communications to make the Redskins his "main" company. I can't think of any owner in sports that doesn't want to make money. Hell, Directv jacks up Sunday Ticket every year. Why? TO MAKE MONEY, Duh! You don't want to contribute, stop buying tickets, stop going to 6 flags and head to Kings Dominion. Don't buy jerseys. Don't buy Redskins stuff. That's what's great about this country, you are NOT forced to buy or go to any of these places. The man owns the team to make money and win championships. He's only accomplished one of those. I just don't get why everyone doesn't want him to make money. He doesn't make money, we have no team.

Again...fine. Did you see where I said he didn't have a right to make money? Why are you giving me this screed when it has nothing to do with what we were discussing?

Again - I said I don't think we'll ever see bargain tickets or financially "fan friendly" moves from the Redskins while Snyder is in charge. That's ALL I said. It seems you agree with me.

Check yourself, dude, you quoted someone else in your last rant, that wasn't me. I was just trying to calm you down. I think everyone on has pointed out plenty for you to digest, you are just choosing not to. I don't make a ton of money, I am comfortable, but I don't make a ton, and I can afford to take my brother-in-law and my son to games.

You just sound jaded by something else and you are taking it out on Snyder. Lord, you have me in here defending the man. And you are whining about what he "hasn't done" in a thread that is discussing what he is ABOUT TO DO to the stadium. Think about it while taking a few deep breaths, brother.

... Again - I said I don't think we'll ever see bargain tickets or financially "fan friendly" moves from the Redskins while Snyder is in charge. That's ALL I said. It seems you agree with me.

You have completely ignored TK's and my posts listing things Snyder has done that are fan friendly and were not motivated by "maximizing revenue" as you stated. Your original post was clearly describing Snyder as nothing else than a greedy rich **** that doesn't give a damn about the fans. The facts do not support your assertion.

And actually, there are some ticket bargains that are quite fan friendly for those pinching their pennies. Some of the obstructed view seats are outstanding values. Just ask anyone sitting in the first 5 rows between pillars. Yes, they miss the tops of kicks and punts; but they get a LL view at half the cost of people only a few rows in front of them. And of course, there has been no ticket increase for six years. What else have you bought recently that has not gone up in price for six years?

TK says your crazy; I just think you are in denial and have been brainwashed by a lot of haters.

Again...fine. Did you see where I said he didn't have a right to make money? Why are you giving me this screed when it has nothing to do with what we were discussing?

Again - I said I don't think we'll ever see bargain tickets or financially "fan friendly" moves from the Redskins while Snyder is in charge. That's ALL I said. It seems you agree with me.

You should re-read your post. It really sounded like alot of ranting and raving and not an "oh well, Snyder will never do anything cheap" post. Everything in your post sounded like a huge complaint about Snyder making money.

UL endzone seats were $44 each. To an NFL game close to DC. You can't go to dinner in DC for $44! Try to find UL endzone seats to the Caps for $44.

Every profitable decision Dan makes with the Redskins is, by definition, the most "fan friendly" decision he can make. Now, is it the one that I or some of my associates here might like? Not necessarily. Hell, it may even be one that we hate. This is because the most "fan friendly" decision is the one that the sum of ALL fans most like made evident by their decision to continue to pay. A business could make a mistake and/or sacrifice long-term profits for short-term ones but, generally, the higher the money profit, the more value a business is giving to its customers.

and Leonsis AGAIN rose the ticket price.

And nobody ****es about Capitals stuff. Everyone thinks Leonsis walks on water. But the Caps are winning; and consistently in the playoffs; they suck in the playoffs but they do get there.

IF/WHEN the Redskins ever get back to winning consistently again, there will be a lot less hate on Snyder. Winning makes fans more tolerant of high ticket prices; high food and beverage prices; parking fees; etc.

And for those complaining about Snyder food and beverage prices, last weekend I attended the Collegiate Rugby Championships in Philadelphia held at PPL Field where the Philadelphia Union soccer team plays. They charged us $12 for what appeared to be an 18 ounce domestic beer! A small bottle of water was $6.00. So don't tell me that FedEx prices are higher than any other professional sports venue and that Snyder is just a greedy SOB. I'm not happy about the prices but he's not the only one doing it.

Archived