Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DDP: Approx 8 sections of seating removed in upper deck endzone - more removed as of 2012 DDP, LL Endzone in 2013

MarkB452

Which group got the biggest upgrade?  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Which group got the biggest upgrade?

This poll is closed to new votes

Here you go everyone. I'm by no means a photographer so keep that in mind, did my best. They wouldn't let me get close to take pics for some reason, but go figure we could drive under it.

022urt.jpg

027pe.jpg

030da.jpg

039obg.jpg

054tl.jpg

Then because I know how much you love RFK:

058zj.jpg

063a.jpg

Kind of OT but anyone see the photos of the new concession area that opened up at Nats Park? Looks like they have 4 new eateries and a nice new seating area nearby. Probably is more suited for a baseball crowd than a football crowd, but it was interesting in light of thinking where the Skins might go with the party deck concept.

http://www.jdland.com/dc/quickgallery.cfm?qd=110613

My comment was mostly tongue in cheek considering FedEx has been a graveyard for both Redskins and opposing kickers

Oh right...I would guess that our instability at kicker since 1997 is probably the key component to that statistic. I'd be curious to see what the kicking percentage is among visiting kickers and how it compare to the league average. My anecdotal guess is that it would be right in line with the league average when our stats aren't dragging it down.

I dont know how much of an impact it will cause but Heinz Field is the worst because it is open behind the kicker. Depends on the wind

Depends on which side. Kicking into the open side is hell at Heinz. The stadium has a closed side too. Now the issue is that Heinz has wind coming off the river. Last I checked Fedex has no rivers to have winds coming off it(Snyder could order a construction to make one:ols:). RFK had a river running right next to it also. Thus the difficulty.

The opening that HIGH up will have no effect on field goals...the ball never gets up that high.... maybe on punts or kickoffs...MAYBE

Plus I cant ever remember the wind being much of a factor at Fedex since it was built

It's not that a question of how high, it's that it will change the wind flow in the whole stadium, which will have an effect at field level. How much I guess is the real question.

It's not that a question of how high, it's that it will change the wind flow in the whole stadium, which will have an effect at field level. How much I guess is the real question.

I dont think it will at all....I used to sit in the LL endzone, and the openings and area behind the bars used to be more windy than on the field...there might be more of a downdraft if anything on that side of the stadium, only time will tell

The opening that HIGH up will have no effect on field goals...the ball never gets up that high.... maybe on punts or kickoffs...MAYBE

Plus I cant ever remember the wind being much of a factor at Fedex since it was built

I disagree. Old Meadowlands was a bowl just like ours and it sucked for kickers. Suisham was the only kicker who consistently made kicks there. Winds swirl in a stadium. The openings in Fedex could definitely influence kicks if a air flow goes through the stadium. The openings could funnel the air into the stadium. Now consider a roof in there. The wind gets funneled by the openings and roof which then starts swirling around. That's a tough stadium to kick in.

DO you think that Heinz Field and Fedex Field are both bad places for kickers because they have natural grass in a area that isn't in the south, and isn't north enough for the ground to freeze? Late season games can be mudpits at both stadiums.

DO you think that Heinz Field and Fedex Field are both bad places for kickers because they have natural grass in a area that isn't in the south, and isn't north enough for the ground to freeze? Late season games can be mudpits at both stadiums.

I personally think Heinz field is a much worse field than ours. Yeah ours gets messed up but Heinz field can be absolute garbage. Every NFL player says that. I think frozen ground makes it a pain to kick on but different stadiums get a swirling winds. Some get winds from rivers nearby. Some get winds from the structure of the stadium. Fedex has the problem of being a bowl and thoing to feed winds into the stadium. Like I said before we can't fix the source of the winds problem but we can influence the winds coming into the stadium. We might not see the influence until the roof comes in though. Depending on how the roof is designed.

I don't think Fedex is a difficult kicking stadium but I think with the structure changes and the roof(depending on the roof design) Fedex could be a formidable stadium for kickers. We just need a way to funnel wind into the stadium. Once the wind is there it will do its damage.

Archived