Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DDP: Approx 8 sections of seating removed in upper deck endzone - more removed as of 2012 DDP, LL Endzone in 2013

MarkB452

Which group got the biggest upgrade?  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Which group got the biggest upgrade?

This poll is closed to new votes

Yeah, that $100 million plus that he has given and raised for charity of all types makes him a heartless man.

We aren't talking about the charitable stuff he does for tax shelters - we are talking about the Redskins. Please point out some "pauper friendly" stuff Dan has done WITH THE REDSKINS or kindly apologize for your clumsy sarcasm.

We aren't talking about the charitable stuff he does for tax shelters - we are talking about the Redskins. Please point out some "pauper friendly" stuff Dan has done WITH THE REDSKINS or kindly apologize for your clumsy sarcasm.

During Zorn's last year there were several Welcome Homes at the Park after a road loss where he gave everyone that showed up tickets to the next home game. The seats were directly under Dan's box.

They've made an official release on redskins.com this week. You will be movedc loser to the field, or to the 50, free of charge.

They specifically told me (over the phone) that they had no made a decision about 2012 and future prices. Meaning you may owe that until you move seats again, or starting 2012 you may owe the new price of your seats. But for the 2011 season you will not have to pay more

unless you checked the 'i want to be upgraded regardless of price change' box, then they'll upgrade you AND charge you

(unless thats been changed...)

Yeah - moving closer to the field puts me below the deck. I'm in row 9 now and it looks like that's the row where they started removing seats. Good thing I didn't check the upgrade option box this year. Maybe I'll get closer to the 50.

Based on what SonnyAndSam has discussed me with me, he's replaced some top level people in an effort to change the way the organization deals with fans (and the image that comes from it).

I had an issue with my season tickets... I was able to call the Redskins PR office (not the ticket office) and leave a voice mail for the VP, Tony Wyllie. He returned my call with in 2 hours and got me all set up.

That may not mean much to you, but as someone who's been dealing with the organization for a while, and read these forums on a regular basis over the last few years, i was shocked to even get a call back, much less a prompt one.

I get the feeling that the culture change is not just in terms of drafting and acquiring players, but in the way the entire organization is trying to present itself and deal with fans.

I think a lot of stories about how evil Snyder is get blown out of proportion. People don't do their research, they hear one thing and pass it along. Except when they pass it along the story becomes something else, due to the built up hatred for the man.

Our local media, and the the way local people feel about the organization as a whole, is the direct result of some bad decisions/PR moves by the organization magnified by essentially a version of the children's game 'Telephone'

The TO was very nice to some military friends of mine when they wanted to acquire tickets through the military base (the skins give a certain amount to military bases for the troops). They said they couldn't find them at their particular base and the TO called every base in the area found them, and then told them who to call all in less then one day. I think that was very kind of them, they could've basically said to bad so sad but they seemed to go out of their way to help out.

:ols:

The FedEx Field conversion rumor floats in the same air space as those tales of STHs having their seats revoked due to poor fan conduct.

There's always someone whose heard about it, but there's never been first hand documentation.

The key is learning who to trust; and that goes for ES! Some people over time build a credible reputation. You, for instance.

eh, something's going on there.

one of two things happened:

1 - he cancelled his account

2 - he didn't pay his invoice on time and they terminated his account

they didn't just kick a bunch of people out...

fair enough :)

Lockout and He thought the seats where just being removed so didn't renew.

Obviously because of your attitude you ignore all the generous things Dan Snyder has done. Thousands of free tickets have been given to underprivileged folks and various social welfare groups; he has lent his jet to transport groups and people to many destinations including helping in Hurricane Katrina and to hospitals; he raised money for tons of charitable groups and endeavors, including funding the entire children's wing at a hospital in the DC area. That's just off the top of my head.

You dismiss the millions of dollars he has raised and given as a tax shelter which shows what little you know. It is real money and a lot more than any tax breaks he might get. Perhaps if you had ever given to charity and use it as a deduction on your taxes (we ALL can use that tax shelter), you would know that it is a deduction and not a tax credit which means that most of your money you gave does not lower your income taxes.

You read too much internet garbage and ignore all the good stuff he has done in the community. But then you probably hate all rich people...yeah, that last line was sarcastic.

The most "pauper friendly" stuff he does with the Redskins is probably all the money he spends on coaches and athletes. I did not say he has spent it well; but he has not been bashful about spending his money to try to bring a winning team to DC. He certainly could have saved those hundreds of millions of dollars for himself like the Brown and Bidwell families have done forever.

If you googled just a little, you'd find plenty of stuff. But you are obviously not interested in being fair minded....so why bother.

Well said Sonny. The other thing is, you can't sell a standing room only for more than $30, nobody is going to buy them for much more. Perhaps if the playoffs were happening he could raise them, but if you think someone is going to pay the price for a seat to stand all game, it's not going to happen.

I did a quick mock up based on B55's. You can also see where Pez & myself are already camped out tailgating for this. :)

So TK I don't suppose you have any info on all this would you? Such as what Snyder is thinking as far as the design on the roof? Like if he wants a retractable or something along the lines a half roof(aka Seattle)? I mean if wants a Super Bowl I doubt a half roof would work since it would still be cold.

I did a quick mock up based on B55's. You can also see where Pez & myself are already camped out tailgating for this. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a half dome, the colors were purple, orange and green, ya know...

FedExField_logo.png

So, is the roof/awning topic legit or fans grasping at a pipe dream. If it is legit and comes to fruition, I find it a bit odd that Snyder would spend tens of millions of dollars on a roof/awning on the stadium that is used 10 times a year but, can fork over a few million to build an indoor practice facility.

So, is the roof/awning topic legit or fans grasping at a pipe dream. If it is legit and comes to fruition, I find it a bit odd that Snyder would spend tens of millions of dollars on a roof/awning on the stadium that is used 10 times a year but, can fork over a few million to build an indoor practice facility.

I can't answer your question, but I am pretty sure that I read the indoor facility issue had nothing to do with money, but with zoning regulations or something along those lines. I could be wrong though!

I can't answer your question, but I am pretty sure that I read the indoor facility issue had nothing to do with money, but with zoning regulations or something along those lines. I could be wrong though!

Trust me, I am all about making the gameday/fan experience better, but I'd rather have a team that can practice everyday regardless of the weather. Besides NOTHING improves the gameday better than a winning team!

Trust me, I am all about making the gameday/fan experience better, but I'd rather have a team that can practice everyday regardless of the weather. Besides NOTHING improves the gameday better than a winning team!

Sure...I'm with you. I just was under the impression that money wasn't the determining factor. Either way, hopefully they figure out how to get an indoor practice facility soon.

Not bad TK. Would Burgundy work though? Being it seems to fade fast with constant sunlight on it?

Well the seats seem to have held up. Though we're not in the heat like Tampa. They went with red seats which the sun faded to pink. :ols:

Money was never the issue. Both Shottenheimer and Gibbs preferred making their teams work out in the weather and did not want a dome practice facility...that is public record. Not sure if Spurrier or Zorn ever asked. There is also a problem at the current location in Ashburn because so much of the land is in a flood zone and buildings cannot be built on much of the land.

There is also a problem at the current location in Ashburn because so much of the land is in a flood zone and buildings cannot be built on much of the land.

Which is why relocating the Park has also been brought up from time to time.

There will be a practice bubble at ashburn...

I heard that. But the only way to make a real indoor practice facility may be to move Redskins Park again...and real estate is very, very expensive in Loudoun County. I'm surprised they didn't buy a larger plot of land when they moved last time.

Archived