Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DDP: Approx 8 sections of seating removed in upper deck endzone - more removed as of 2012 DDP, LL Endzone in 2013

MarkB452

Which group got the biggest upgrade?  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Which group got the biggest upgrade?

This poll is closed to new votes

Nick job sly. I hope they get rid of the fedex boarder though. I mean they can keep the FedexField name just change the damn circus colors.

That's not happening. Those are FedEx colors and they paid $7 million a year for the stadium rights.

I don't get folks hate for those colors around the top. Doesn't bother me at all. But you are certainly not alone in your opinion.

Let me get this straight a lot of drunk people on a very high deck.........doesn't sound like a good thing to me :) Look Fedex is a dump and will always be a dump lets focus on tearing down RFK and building a new stadium in DC and get out of MD. We have been jinxed ever since Synder bought the team and we moved to Rauljon. We can at least change one of those things :)

I guess there is no longer a waiting list of 200k :(

We are a joke.

what does the tampa decks look like?

Someone correct me if this is wrong (as I've never been to these stadiums)... but,

Bucs party deck around the ship:

120px-Raymond_James_Stadium03.jpg

Cowboys party deck section:

travel_e_04cowboys-stadium_800.jpg

if they open up the stadium like that, wouldn't it allow for more air to escape so it would less noisy?

No idea. I'm sure the Redskins considered this when they signed off on construction. Maybe it will be enclosed somehow? I really wish we'd get some kind of actual mocks.

Forgive the awful photoshop, but I tried to add the Bucs party deck to the stadium and took away the concrete. I wonder if the Redskins will think of some type of new "icon" or attraction for FedEx Field besides a bar (like the Bucs ship)? I think this is a big step towards making a Redskins home game feel more "at home."

For the basics though, it'll look something like this:

redskinspartydeck.jpg

Now add two arches from end zone to end zone with fabric or other roof covering the sideline seats. Think Qwest Field. ;)

Forgive the awful photoshop, but I tried to add the Bucs party deck to the stadium and took away the concrete. I wonder if the Redskins will think of some type of new "icon" or attraction for FedEx Field besides a bar (like the Bucs ship)? I think this is a big step towards making a Redskins home game feel more "at home."

redskinspartydeck.jpg

Great job and much better than my \__________/ lol

No idea. I'm sure the Redskins considered this when they signed off on construction. Maybe it will be enclosed somehow? I really wish we'd get some kind of actual mocks.

The Skins don't have any mocks to share. It is still in the design and engineering stage. Still lots of discussion about size, design, etc.

Let me get this straight a lot of drunk people on a very high deck.........doesn't sound like a good thing to me :)

People will be standing on and surrounded by a flat surface. No chance for falling without climbing over the fencing.

Look Fedex is a dump and will always be a dump lets focus on tearing down RFK and building a new stadium in DC and get out of MD.

The Redskins have to play in FedEx Field until at least 2025 or so. Might as well try to improve the experience, which is what the ownership group seems to be focused more on now that Shanahan is calling the shots for the team.

I think the changes we are seeing and a few more to come means the Skins are in Landover until the contract runs out. You don't sink all this money into a stadium without some payback time.

Besides, I adamantly do not want a new stadium because that will bring PSLs and that means me and a lot of other GA season ticket holders will not be able to afford season tickets. FedEx Field is far from a dump and will be perfectly acceptable when/if the team ever starts winning. Now RFK WAS a real dump but it was OUR dump during the glory years. FedEx Field is FAR superior to what we had at RFK.

You're not keeping up with the story. The Redskins are removing concrete and opening up both ends to create presumably a flat or near flat party deck. It will not be like the club seat party deck where they added some aluminum to make larger areas to stand in each row. Think Dallas Cowboys party deck not our club level party deck.

Well, excuse me. I just posted because I saw them post a current picture of it on facebook (I posted the link) and it didnt give much of a description. I read one of the articles posted and it also didnt mention this. But thanks for the update/description. Im real anxious to see what it will look like when its done.

I thought in the permit it said they were going to be creating club level type platforms? Wouldn't that be the same as the ones in the Club Level?

This is a major structural change in the stadium. Don't need huge cranes to install some aluminum seating material like the club party decks. See Sly's picture in message 223. He's got the idea....

I think most of the STHs being relocated will be happy with better seating assigments at a comparable price once this is all sorted out. I can't picture them raising prices in a mandatory relo. However, like S&S pointed out, they're going about this bass ackwards.

Why not just tell people whats going on, release some computer generated renderings, and offer refunds if people don't like it? This team has steered into yet another PR debacle of its own making.

1.) A comment on the Bog says they are raising prices. I'd agree with the dude here... $20x10 may not seem like much, but for a family of 4 that's nontrivial, especially if you like your seats.

chargingMore.png

2.) Agree 100% on the computer generated drawing. They did it for OV. Not sure why they aren't here.

But then Snyder's businesses tend to be closed lipped whenever they're doing something folks won't like, as if that made things better. At this point, they should go to a bingo hall and hire a new architect. ;)

---------- Post added June-7th-2011 at 11:31 PM ----------

Sweet! Mor confirmation on my calculations!

RLY? ;) And I was counting seats in that photo. MY EYES!!1!!

I'd agree with the dude here... $20x10 may not seem like much, but for a family of 4 that's nontrivial, especially if you like your seats.

Take it for what it is, just some faceless d-bag on a message board who doesn't anymore than we do here.

Seriously though, how could the TO now demand more money to deliver a different product than what was sold in February when the payments were due?

But then again, this is the TO we're talking about.

You'd think they'd have to offer a refund if a customer really didn't want the new seats.

redskinspartydeck.jpg

Wow. That sort of sticks the point home that those seats aren't coming back.

Still, they have to think this is going to give the team a lot more money than just pulling seats out. It would have been cheaper -- and reversible -- to put in some extra space between seats or respace the rows up there instead.

---------- Post added June-7th-2011 at 11:42 PM ----------

Take it for what it is, just some faceless d-bag on a message board who doesn't anymore than we do here.

You'd think they'd have to offer a refund if a customer really didn't want the new seats.

Yeah, you don't think they'd be dumb enough to keep some of the money, do you?

True on the faceless nobody on a board. The "hearing" is always suspect. But yeah, I thought it would be telling if true. They certainly have to put those people somewhere. They'd can't all be canceling their tickets, you know? Maybe if they return them one of the official mattresses of Six Flags in lieu of their deposit.

I've been told that anyone who requested to be upgraded as part of the auto upgrade were upgraded and would be responsible for paying the additional cost because they got the upgrade they requested. Anyone who elected NOT to participate in the auto upgrade were upgraded at no additional cost. That's how the Skins are handling people who are being moved. Also, some of the seats being removed may return in the future depending on the design. The answer implied that extra seats had to be removed for construction reasons.

The party deck plans are still being finalized as to size and design. They do not have anything concrete they can share at this time because the architects and the engineers are still working on it. They just recently got approval to go ahead from Prince Georges County based on preliminary work design. They can't show us something when they haven't finalized the design yet.

The party deck is only part of the total change coming at FedEx. It's not entirely about the revenue. All of you have complained that FedEx is not loud enough.....stay tuned....There's a reason nothing will be ready until the 2012 season. I can't believe no one picked up on my hint in my earlier post....you guys must all be asleep.

They should put tee pees and call the areas reservations...that would be cool.

Way back in the day at Griffith Stadium, there used to be a giant Redskins Tee Pee. I can only imagine the protests if they brought something like that back and they sold "Fire Water" and "Fire Water Light".

>> The Washington Redskins called Griffith Stadium home from 1937 (the year they moved down from Boston) to 1960. Large temporary bleachers were installed in right field for their games, bringing the stadium's capacity up to 35,000, and a big teepee was placed on the back side of those bleachers.

Way back in the day at Griffith Stadium, there used to be a giant Redskins Tee Pee. I can only imagine the protests if they brought something like that back and they sold "Fire Water" and "Fire Water Light".

>> The Washington Redskins called Griffith Stadium home from 1937 (the year they moved down from Boston) to 1960. Large temporary bleachers were installed in right field for their games, bringing the stadium's capacity up to 35,000, and a big teepee was placed on the back side of those bleachers.

I vaguely recall seeing the tee pee in RFK also for a few years. I was never in Griffiths Stadium and am pretty sure there was a tee pee at RFK....but maybe I am getting senile...... :D

You know the PC police would be all over any tee pees anywhere in the stadium. I always thought that would be cool for the skins to run out of instead of the blown up helmet they run out of now....

People are going to ***** and moan no matter what... especially with the amount of money it costs to attend games and the product on the field the last 20+ years (though even if we had a good team people would still complain about every single thing possible).

The fact of the matter is this is probably the best thing to do for the stadium and the Redskins. It cuts down on the number of empty seats, gives the stadium some character, those party decks will probably end up being pretty popular, and probably some other good stuff I can think of if it wasn't 12am. I'm sure the ticket office would take care of you pretty well if you think you got "screwed" (probably a good way to get free parking for a couple years). But typing out on a message board about how much you got screwed by the Redskins is so cathartic apparently.

---------- Post added June-8th-2011 at 12:22 AM ----------

The party deck is only part of the total change coming at FedEx. It's not entirely about the revenue. All of you have complained that FedEx is not loud enough.....stay tuned....There's a reason nothing will be ready until the 2012 season. I can't believe no one picked up on my hint in my earlier post....you guys must all be asleep.

No, I got it. Can't freaking wait to see the changes.

This is a major structural change in the stadium. Don't need huge cranes to install some aluminum seating material like the club party decks. See Sly's picture in message 223. He's got the idea....

Yeah I understand that, but I still don't understand what is meant by the "club level platforms" if they aren't going to be anything like that.

Archived