Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DDP: Approx 8 sections of seating removed in upper deck endzone - more removed as of 2012 DDP, LL Endzone in 2013

MarkB452

Which group got the biggest upgrade?  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Which group got the biggest upgrade?

This poll is closed to new votes

You know, but at the same time, there's even less reason to buy season tickets now. I used to buy them to be sure I had tickets, but had to travel 12 hours each way, so I'd sell some when I couldn't make it. Easier and, ultimately, cheaper than StubHub. I wonder if SRO ticket prices will change per game, like the MLB teams that charge more for the Sox and $1 for the Bucs.

Sorry to reply to myself, but it occurs to me that the Skins could be actively attempting to cut the bottom out of the secondary market. If you've got SRO for, I don't know, $29, why would I consider something for $60-$80 at StubHub?

It's an interesting way to keep the money in-house.

Especially when you can buy a $20 ticket in the lot for every game but Dallas.

Ha, not brave enough to train up from Charleston without a ticket in hand. Walking from the Morgan Blvd metro, I haven't seen one that cheap, though -- though I turned in my tickets when Zorn was hired and haven't been back. When did $20 for everything but Dallas start? And seems like the Eagles were surprisingly expensive too a few years ago. Sad to hear they've dropped that much (or that I shoulda been hitting the lots, not just the road from the Metro to FedEx).

Wonder when SRO will go on sale -- a week before? Or at the start of the season?

Stage is n the same place as usual, (by the locker room tunnels) but my understanding is they are removing seats from both endzones.

I currently have seats(well I gave them to my wife's friend) for the Chesney concert in section 439 row 18. These were my bonus for paying my season tickets in full on time and if I go to my account manager right now it has these seats listed. So I'm hoping they only removed the one endzone(413-417) behind the stage right now, because it would suck to get there and not have a seat. I just got these seats a couple weeks ago from them so I would assume they would have gotten the seating chart and tickets correct by now.

Josh I don't think they have anything to worry about. From what I've read / people have wrote, the endzone without the tunnels (I believe that's the East end zone) wont undergo the change till after the Chesney concert. Only the West end zone seats have been removed so far.

You are going to see some nice new large video screens. They will allow Danny Boy to reduce his seating capacity while giving the illusion he is doing something for the fans. Which he is by allowing the Skins to stay on local TV, because they can't sell out anymore. Does anyone think Danny understand this is a direct result of him and his greed?

Interesting - what' the source for your information?

No source because its BS. After spending some money to give us good screens for last season, Snyder is going to say "Nah, they weren't good enough" and build more screens.

Don't think so. We've had TK and some other dude on Hogs Haven pretty much confirm it is gonna be party deck areas.

You are going to see some nice new large video screens. They will allow Danny Boy to reduce his seating capacity while giving the illusion he is doing something for the fans. Which he is by allowing the Skins to stay on local TV, because they can't sell out anymore. Does anyone think Danny understand this is a direct result of him and his greed?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Cooke buying up tickets that weren't sold during his ownership so the sellout could continue / the game could be on TV locally? Don't really believe it's a Snyder thing, just a fan thing.

Unless it is a very steep party deck, there may be room for both. Video screen is what I heard a few months ago. This is also an opportunity to try and match Jerry Jones while also reducing seating capacity. The new screens are nice but I don't know what they look like from the upper deck. Even if they look good Danny could have a replay and a commercial going at the same time in both ends, which could be beneficial to him and he could say he gave us a choice to watch, not forced us to watch. Which unless it is overwhelming would not be one of the things I would use against him. I don't recall if JKC had to buy tickets or not but we all know they are having trouble filling it now even with opposing buying tickets at will. Any of you at the Steelers game? I was and it sucked being around all of them.

The infrastructure required to install anything electronic up there would have them way behind pace by now if they had to have it ready by August. It took several months to put together the new screens in the lower level last year.

Never heard anything about JKC struggling to sell seats at RFK.

The new screens are nice but I don't know what they look like from the upper deck

i was at the houston game last year, and the video screens looked sweet.

i was at the concert yesterday and that upper deck section behind the stage was a mystery to me. i'm sure theres a way to put a party deck there. maybe like a large catwalk like thing like i've seen seen at other fields (maybe qwest field, seattle?).

i also thought of how a large, sliding retractable roof, like jerryland or arizona, would go right where those seats are.

very curious.

Yeah I was at that game unfortunately. After some of those Dallas, Eagles and Giants games I was use to takeovers, but they literally went way above that. I hope I NEVER have to see that again, which I don't think I or we will if Shanahan and Allen can get this team back to being respectable.

I'm pretty sure there were times JKC had to buy up tickets that weren't sold, I'm more than positive. Hopefully someone can add in, I'm searching google, but I keep running across his charity stuff.

I'm pretty sure there were times JKC had to buy up tickets that weren't sold, I'm more than positive.

I'm not saying it was impossible, but I don't see when it would have happened. The sell out streak the Redskins are always bragging about today supposedly began in 1968. The season ticket waiting list was made public a few years after that; although it wasn't advertised until Snyder's arrival. Since the late 60s, the Redskins had not advertised single game ticket sales until Snyder began marketing the "returned" tickets in the 2000s. There hasn't been even a whisper of a local tv blackout in Washington since the rule went into effect in the early 70s. Even when the team wasn't good in the 70s and 90s under JKC, many fans were eagerly awaiting the privilege to buy STs before the team moved to Landover.

I thought the blackout was before the 70's? When looking, I read something about the last blackout for the Redskins was in 67. Either way, that's what I was asking myself (68 sellout streak) how could he have bought tickets that were sold. Maybe I heard wrong, but with all the Snyder hate, I just keep running across premature "When will the Redskins Blackout Happen" type stuff. Hopefully someone else can add in on this. My guess about the sellout would be somewhere in the mid 90's or mid-late 70's.

I thought the blackout was before the 70's? When looking, I read something about the last blackout for the Redskins was in 67.

According to Wikipedia, all NFL games (regardless of sellout) were blacked out in the city where they were played before 1973. That even included the 1972 Cowboys-Skins NFCCG, which leads to some debates on here, as some people say that the game was televised here, while others say it wasn't.

Guest Spearfeather
According to Wikipedia, all NFL games (regardless of sellout) were blacked out in the city where they were played before 1973. That even included the 1972 Cowboys-Skins NFCCG, which leads to some debates on here, as some people say that the game was televised here, while others say it wasn't.

This from: richmondthenandnow.com

For years professional football rules did not allow TV carriage in the city of origination. Redskins fans drove to Richmond on Washington blackout days, rented motel rooms, hauled in cases of beer and settled down to watch the screen. One Sunday network chieftains, for a reason now forgotten, decided to switch games at the last minute. The station's night door rattled under great pounding less than 30 minutes into the substitute tournament. Standing outside was a beer sloshed crowd of Washingtonians who announced that the engineer's face was about to be rearranged and the building dismantled brick by brick. Ordinary door glass was replaced by wire reinforced lexan and the lock quickly beefed up as a result of the incident.

Doesn't say when, but still pretty funny.

Archived