Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DDP: Approx 8 sections of seating removed in upper deck endzone - more removed as of 2012 DDP, LL Endzone in 2013

MarkB452

Which group got the biggest upgrade?  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Which group got the biggest upgrade?

This poll is closed to new votes

If we end up with these standing decks as suspected (despite the big secret being held), I don't picture those tickets being sold for every game like the club level SROs. You'd think that selling single game tix in the upper level would hurt the market for luring people into renewing their STs throughout the rest of the 400 level.

Good luck getting people to pay $44 per ticket for SROs when you couldn't sell enough seats at that price.

However, the standing decks could be sold for big games like Dallas and the playoffs.

*of course single game tix have been available from the TO for years, but lets pretend they haven't like the TO does.

If we end up with these standing decks as suspected (despite the big secret being held), I don't picture those tickets being sold for every game like the club level SROs. You'd think that selling single game tix in the upper level would hurt the market for luring people into renewing their STs throughout the rest of the 400 level.

Good luck getting people to pay $44 per ticket for SROs when you couldn't sell enough seats at that price.

However, the standing decks could be sold for big games like Dallas and the playoffs.

*of course single game tix have been available from the TO for years, but lets pretend they haven't like the TO does.

I don't think that the majority of people who are in the market for ST's are the same people who would be in the market for single-game SRO's. And most of the potential overlap is probably mitigated by the removal of 10,000 seats in the first place. In other words, I can think of LOTS of people who would be willing to pay $45 for a single-game SRO ticket who would NOT be willing to purchase seats for the entire season.

Bottom line: if they do it, there's no reason not to sell SRO for every game.

I think the signage question is solved. From: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/redskins-installing-standing-room-party-decks-at-fedex/2011/06/06/AGvVhWKH_blog.html#pagebreak

Cranes arrived at FedEx Field Monday to begin removing the concrete areas that had served as a foundation for those upper-level end zone seats. According to a “commercial interior permit” issued by the Prince George’s County Department of Environmental Resources, the Redskins requested to “install club level platform structure.” The supports for the party deck will be above the club level, the sources said.

-ct

Well damn! I guess it was interesting that, even though it made a little sense that the fence had been moved to separate the construction zone from the seats for the concert, that they hadn't started any installation of anything yet. Man, FedEx is gonna look weird this season (if there is one).

The Mike Jones blog entry also says that "team officials and designers also are planning several new wrinkles to enhance FedEx Field’s lower levels this season and next."

Wonder what those new wrinkles are?

FYI: I just saw the comments about the suggested "club level platform structure" and called my ticket rep (my seats are in section 314). She advised me that there will be absolutely no effect on the club level from whatever is going on in the UD. I also tried to get some specific info about what they planned to replace the seats with, and she had obviously rehearsed the "we have not been told yet" line.

I just don't understand what the delay in information is all about. If they already have the permits, and the crews at work, they obviously know what they're doing. The only thing I can imagine is that Snyder fears disclosing the fundamentals of how those tickets will be sold will have a negative effect on any STH who might re-up when the lockout ends. If that's the case, I wouldn't expect any announcement until either (a) all remaining ST are sold, or (B) the lockout ends and any last-minute ST rush ends.

I've also been wondering if the stadium will be opened up by cutting out the end zone sections. Not sure if it is structurally possible, but it would create a much more open atmosphere in the stadium. Something like that would could be a two year job with most of the work to be done in the winter.

That would be impossible, unfortunately. I love how it works in Philly and Seattle, for example. But you're talking major structural changes that I think would be impossible. Whenever I'm in Philly for a game, I always note to myself that Snyder would never go for such a look, because those gaps in that stadium could be used to seat people and to make $$. Sounds like maybe I was wrong though, as he's already seen that there might not really be an endless supply of support.

FYI: I just saw the comments about the suggested "club level platform structure" and called my ticket rep (my seats are in section 314). She advised me that there will be absolutely no effect on the club level from whatever is going on in the UD. I also tried to get some specific info about what they planned to replace the seats with, and she had obviously rehearsed the "we have not been told yet" line.

I just don't understand what the delay in information is all about. If they already have the permits, and the crews at work, they obviously know what they're doing. The only thing I can imagine is that Snyder fears disclosing the fundamentals of how those tickets will be sold will have a negative effect on any STH who might re-up when the lockout ends. If that's the case, I wouldn't expect any announcement until either (a) all remaining ST are sold, or (B) the lockout ends and any last-minute ST rush ends.

Essentially the space where the seats are ripped out is going to be removed. Think of fedex as getting a Makeover.

The Mike Jones blog entry also says that "team officials and designers also are planning several new wrinkles to enhance FedEx Field’s lower levels this season and next."

Wonder what those new wrinkles are?

I wouldn't be surprised if it involved on-demand in-seat concession sales. Lots of stadiums are adding this feature, and it would certainly generate revenue! A few examples (teams; services):

Jags: http://jacksonville.com/business/2010-09-20/story/jaguars-club-seat-fans-can-order-food-refreshments-iphones

Phillies: http://consumerist.com/2010/09/phillies-fans-order-food-delivery-from-your-seat-with-iphone-app.html

StadiumVIP: http://www.stadiumvip.com/FAQ.html

FanGo: http://www.thefango.com/

Does nobody see what's going on?!?!?!?! What can you anchor at 2 points to an existing structure? (2 platforms on either end of the stadium)

IT'S EITHER GOING TO BE AN AWNING (ie Seattle) OR A RETRACTABLE ROOF!!!!

Does nobody see what's going on?!?!?!?! What can you anchor at 2 points to an existing structure? (2 platforms on either end of the stadium)

IT'S EITHER GOING TO BE AN AWNING (ie Seattle) OR A RETRACTABLE ROOF!!!!

For $100.00 you can zip line across during the game.

Most interesting of the Redskins' claims highlighted in today's WP article by Mike Jones is that:

"The Redskins were able to move several thousand seats to other areas because the uncertainty of the NFL lockout persuaded officials not to aggressively pursue the sale of tickets to waiting list fans this spring. Next offseason, however, waiting list sales will resume and fans will remain in the same spots on the list."

Anyone buying that?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/redskins-installing-standing-room-party-decks-at-fedex/2011/06/06/AGvVhWKH_blog.html#pagebreak

Removing seats and having part decks actually allows the stadium to fit more people.

It'll be interesting to see how this is done. Earlier today I was looking at articles around the time of the first Cowboys game at the new stadium where Jerruh sold about 30K party deck passes (for $29 each) and it looked like an absolute cluster. I think the number of passes sold on a per game basis has substantially decreased since then.

I wanted to publish a partial retraction. I just heard from my rep, and it's entirely possible that the front office is keeping the TO completely in the dark about what's going on. Might have been unfair to imply I was being given the run-around. Hail.

It'll be interesting to see how this is done. Earlier today I was looking at articles around the time of the first Cowboys game at the new stadium where Jerruh sold about 30K party deck passes (for $29 each) and it looked like an absolute cluster. I think the number of passes sold on a per game basis has substantially decreased since then.

I think they have due to the Fire Marshall saying it was too many people in one area.

party passes are good if you allow one person to stand in a specific area or like box. it would be a cluster**** if it was a freeforall like it is in philly. the people who stand up front see everything while those people 5 people back see nothing unless you are 8 feet tall lol

IonTop I never thought about that, it could be a bar in the middle of the stadium to reflect noise back below.

Oh hell yeah, could you imagine drinking on the 50 yard line during a game? That would be awesome!!!

Didn't he mean a bar, as in a beam? IDK haha. Either way, how in the world would you stop people from throwing things onto the field? Glass enclosed? Any small hole (such as a cage) you could still throw things down you know?

Archived