Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DDP: Approx 8 sections of seating removed in upper deck endzone - more removed as of 2012 DDP, LL Endzone in 2013

MarkB452

Which group got the biggest upgrade?  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Which group got the biggest upgrade?

This poll is closed to new votes

Didn't he mean a bar, as in a beam? IDK haha. Either way, how in the world would you stop people from throwing things onto the field? Glass enclosed? Any small hole (such as a cage) you could still throw things down you know?

something like what they have at grand canyon would be sick. a glass walkway over the stadium!

I haven't heard about any plans for awnings being added to the stadium.

I'm no engineer, but I would think that some sort of awning or partial roof over the stadium would require more than just the removal of seats, but also structural reinforcements at the base of the stadium to support such an addition.

Think you made a mistake man, they said they'd relocate for no additional charge didn't they? For this season and the following? Could have sworn I just read that. Understand why you are pissed though.

it was in april.

the only thing they were saying is 'we'll make an anouncement'.

you can go back through the season ticket renewel thread on the first page. i posted everything there as it was happing back then.

all i awnted to know was what i would owe. they treated me like i should be so blessed to have the priveledge of owning seats when i called, when infact they're lucky to have anyone at this point as a season ticket holder. enough was enough.

you'd have a point if there wasn't a thriving after-market for tickets. but there is. between the money I save from not paying for preseason, not having to pay for games i can't make (because you can't sell them for 1/2 what you paid for them, **** i couldn't give them away for FREE last year), and the fact that i'll be able to sit anywhere in the stadium on sunday, i'll come out much further ahead now. I'd have to pay significantly above face value for decent seats for 5-6 games (about how many i go to a year), just to break even when you subtract the 2-3 games i don't go to + preseason. And thats with better seats (i was in the endzone... theyd on't get much worse).

Tony Wyllie said he'd call me and the other guy and try to get it all straightened out. And I'm definitely willing to entertain anything he has to say, I am going to the games and would be fine with reopening my account. But I refuse to be treated that way. It was the straw that broke the camels back, and unfortunately for me I feel like it came after 20 years of awfulness when the redskins were actually starting to turn things around...

I'll go to the games this season regardless...

edit: listen to the whole story on the pod cast with the audio link at the bottom. they called me THE DAY BEFORE AND SOLD ME TICKETS TO SEATS THEY KNEW DIDN'T EXIST

Mike Prada must be living under a rock.

Jun 6, 2011 - Over the past few days, several thousand seats in the upper decks at Fedex Field were mysteriously being removed, and nobody knew why.

:ols:

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Party-Decks-Are-Coming-to-FedExField/2f12af20-d130-464c-8e76-0af68fe994cb

Party Decks Are Coming to FedExField

By Gary Fitzgerald

FedExField is getting another major upgrade.

The Redskins have begun a multi-year project to build Party Decks in the upper deck at each end of the stadium, according to the team. Fans ultimately will be able to join pre- and post-game festivities and purchase standing-room-only tickets to watch games on the new Party Decks.

It’s expected that the Party Decks will be ready in time for the start of the 2012 season.

Several thousand seats in the 91,704-seat stadium have already been removed as part of the project. It’s uncertain how many seats will be impacted because construction plans have not been finalized, according to the team.

Even with the removal of the seats, FedExField will remain one of the largest stadiums in the NFL. The new capacity is expected to be approximately 85,000.

According to the team, fans with seats in the impacted areas who chose not to move to higher-priced seats will be moved closer to the field or closer to the 50-yard line at no additional charge.

Due to the ongoing NFL lockout, the team decided not to sell seats to fans on the Season Ticket Waiting List. Fans on the Waiting List will stay in the same spot on the list until after the 2011 season, when sales are expected to resume.

Because FedExField is privately held, all of the expenses associated with the installation of the Party Decks will be borne by the Redskins. No public funding is involved.

The Party Decks are among a series of upgrades the Redskins are planning for FedExField. Last year, the team unveiled two state-of-the-art, 30-foot-high and 100-foot-wide HD video boards in each end zone and party decks on the Club Level.

The Redskins will formally announce additional stadium improvements for the 2011 and 2012 seasons later this offseason.

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Party-Decks-Are-Coming-to-FedExField/2f12af20-d130-464c-8e76-0af68fe994cb

Party Decks Are Coming to FedExField

By Gary Fitzgerald

FedExField is getting another major upgrade.

The Redskins have begun a multi-year project to build Party Decks in the upper deck at each end of the stadium, according to the team. Fans ultimately will be able to join pre- and post-game festivities and purchase standing-room-only tickets to watch games on the new Party Decks.

It’s expected that the Party Decks will be ready in time for the start of the 2012 season.

Several thousand seats in the 91,704-seat stadium have already been removed as part of the project. It’s uncertain how many seats will be impacted because construction plans have not been finalized, according to the team.

Even with the removal of the seats, FedExField will remain one of the largest stadiums in the NFL. The new capacity is expected to be approximately 85,000.

According to the team, fans with seats in the impacted areas who chose not to move to higher-priced seats will be moved closer to the field or closer to the 50-yard line at no additional charge.

Due to the ongoing NFL lockout, the team decided not to sell seats to fans on the Season Ticket Waiting List. Fans on the Waiting List will stay in the same spot on the list until after the 2011 season, when sales are expected to resume.

Because FedExField is privately held, all of the expenses associated with the installation of the Party Decks will be borne by the Redskins. No public funding is involved.

The Party Decks are among a series of upgrades the Redskins are planning for FedExField. Last year, the team unveiled two state-of-the-art, 30-foot-high and 100-foot-wide HD video boards in each end zone and party decks on the Club Level.

The Redskins will formally announce additional stadium improvements for the 2011 and 2012 seasons later this offseason.

well i'm happy for those that were left in limbo and were wondering what was going to happen.

sucks for me since i already canceled my account. maybe i can call them tomorrow and ask nicely to have the tickets back, or maybe they'll call me.

well i'm happy for those that were left in limbo and were wondering what was going to happen.

sucks for me since i already canceled my account. maybe i can call them tomorrow and ask nicely to have the tickets back, or maybe they'll call me.

You should be able to, brother. Everyone get's upset, especially with this god-foresaken lockout!!! Tony Wylie won't let them take your family's tickets over a misunderstanding. You'll be alright, and we'll probably bump into each at a game a crush cups.

Former Section 411!! lol...

HAIL!

---------- Post added June-6th-2011 at 09:06 PM ----------

Oh hell yeah, could you imagine drinking on the 50 yard line during a game? That would be awesome!!!

I would have two spears (like the 1960's helmets)...one coming from each endzone....meeting at midfield with the new Redskins logo over the 50 yardline emblem. Make the spears about 20-35 feet wide and make the emblem as big as you can handle it at the stadium. If need be, have two more bars or platforms coming from the sidelines to help support it.

Make sure it's made of that material they used at Qwest field that really amplifies the sound.

That would be a cold place to come visit for opposing teams. And with less seats, put the tickets in more demand and keep them in the hands of the Burgandy and Gold fans. What's not to like boys?

HAIL!

You should be able to, brother. Everyone get's upset, especially with this god-foresaken lockout!!! Tony Wylie won't let them take your family's tickets over a misunderstanding. You'll be alright, and we'll probably bump into each at a game a crush cups.

Former Section 411!! lol...

We'll see.

Definitely up for mingling at the games :)

hopefully there are some mingle at this year :)

did they 'reach out to you and correct the issue'? :)

---------- Post added June-6th-2011 at 10:35 PM ----------

IT'S EITHER GOING TO BE AN AWNING (ie Seattle) OR A RETRACTABLE ROOF!!!!

i said that it looked like a potential retractable roof a few pages ago. but its probably a party deck.

Are the upper level party decks going to be the same as the ones that were added to the club level (just no club level access)? Because as I remember last year the seats were removed in the same fashion and the club level standing room section was added rather quickly, although these are obviously much larger than the SRO levels added last season. If they're not going to be ready until 2012, however, it makes me think they may be different in structure from the existing party decks (possibly a tiered structure,?)

And, if Danny is going to sacrifice ticket sales from Dallas/Philly/Jets/Giants/Pats games this year by ripping out seats, you KNOW it must be big, right?:pfft:

did they 'reach out to you and correct the issue'? :)

---------- Post added June-6th-2011 at 10:35 PM ----------

i said that it looked like a potential retractable roof a few pages ago. but its probably a party deck.

not yet, looks like they were busy getting a press release together.

we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Concrete removal to the proportion I'm envisioning would be a major job, likely not something that could be completed in 2011.

Larry Michael reported that they would not be ready until the 2012 season. Will definitely not be ready this season.

---------- Post added June-6th-2011 at 11:49 PM ----------

Are the upper level party decks going to be the same as the ones that were added to the club level (just no club level access)? Because as I remember last year the seats were removed in the same fashion and the club level standing room section was added rather quickly, although these are obviously much larger than the SRO levels added last season. If they're not going to be ready until 2012, however, it makes me think they may be different in structure from the existing party decks (possibly a tiered structure,?)

And, if Danny is going to sacrifice ticket sales from Dallas/Philly/Jets/Giants/Pats games this year by ripping out seats, you KNOW it must be big, right?:pfft:

From the "sources" reporting this, it sounds like they are planning to physically remove large sections of concrete and install an actual party deck rather than what they did in the club level. Apparently, both end zones will be opened up some. Wonder if they will go with a multi tier party deck to hold more people?

---------- Post added June-6th-2011 at 11:56 PM ----------

Dallas and Tampa Bay have these.

It's like being in a mosh pit at a concert. General admission.

http://deadspin.com/5365057/how-did-that-party-pass-work-out-for-everyone

To be fair, Dallas only had a problem at their season opener when they sold too many SRO tickets. Jones learned his lesson quickly and cut the number of party deck tickets in half. I was just checking out cowboy fan reaction to the party decks on the ticketmaster messaging site and the overwhelming opinion seems to be that the party decks are an outstanding value and that the fans love them.....other than the home opener.

I also tried to google info on the Tampa Bay Bucs party deck. It is sponsored by Miller Lite who has people visiting bars and other adult entertainment venues giving out vouchers for tickets to the Miller Lite party deck. Seems well received although I could not find as much info as the ones in Jerruh's Palace.

it was in april.

the only thing they were saying is 'we'll make an anouncement'.

you can go back through the season ticket renewel thread on the first page. i posted everything there as it was happing back then.

all i awnted to know was what i would owe. they treated me like i should be so blessed to have the priveledge of owning seats when i called, when infact they're lucky to have anyone at this point as a season ticket holder. enough was enough.

you'd have a point if there wasn't a thriving after-market for tickets. but there is. between the money I save from not paying for preseason, not having to pay for games i can't make (because you can't sell them for 1/2 what you paid for them, **** i couldn't give them away for FREE last year), and the fact that i'll be able to sit anywhere in the stadium on sunday, i'll come out much further ahead now. I'd have to pay significantly above face value for decent seats for 5-6 games (about how many i go to a year), just to break even when you subtract the 2-3 games i don't go to + preseason. And thats with better seats (i was in the endzone... theyd on't get much worse).

Tony Wyllie said he'd call me and the other guy and try to get it all straightened out. And I'm definitely willing to entertain anything he has to say, I am going to the games and would be fine with reopening my account. But I refuse to be treated that way. It was the straw that broke the camels back, and unfortunately for me I feel like it came after 20 years of awfulness when the redskins were actually starting to turn things around...

I'll go to the games this season regardless...

edit: listen to the whole story on the pod cast with the audio link at the bottom. they called me THE DAY BEFORE AND SOLD ME TICKETS TO SEATS THEY KNEW DIDN'T EXIST

Yeah I listened to the whole thing, I thought you were talking recently. Remembering seeing a lot of people being upset over this. I will admit when I heard the part where they were offering you seats where the seats were removed, I laughed at that.

Trust me, I've thought many times about season tickets, with the other things I could spend the money on, such as house work, vehicles and what not, but I keep telling myself the team will get good so buy them when you get the chance.

I agree you shouldn't have been treated that way, especially with how long you've owned them, if anything, for such a long season ticket owner they should have had a good answer for you, but as one of the guys said, perhaps they really didn't know much, might be puppets of the people in charge.

Hopefully everything works out for you, would hate to see a long life season ticket holder or any one for that matter lose their tickets over something like this. From what a few have said, I'm guessing Wyllie is a good dude and will help you out, don't know much about him. Head guy for season tickets?

To be fair, Dallas only had a problem at their season opener when they sold too many SRO tickets. Jones learned his lesson quickly and cut the number of party deck tickets in half. I was just checking out cowboy fan reaction to the party decks on the ticketmaster messaging site and the overwhelming opinion seems to be that the party decks are an outstanding value and that the fans love them.....other than the home opener.

This is the board S&S is referring to, in case anyone is interested:

http://reviews.ticketmaster.com/7171/805931/dallas-cowboys-reviews/reviews.htm?sort=submissionTime

I dunno......on there I saw a bunch of reviews indicating that if you weren't in one of the first few rows from the front of the deck, you were SOL as far as seeing the field. If I went to FedEx and spent $35 to park (or walked a mile from the Metro stop), you can sure as hell bet I'd want to see the field. Hopefully the Redskins will make these decks with some tiered effect similar to that of the club level.....perhaps the steepness of the upper deck required the structural changes that are being made to accomplish this. Otherwise, to quote a comment made in response to the Post article, "just because Jerry Jones does something doesn't make it a good idea."

Archived