Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- Part 2

Toe Jam

Interesting you pick that as your favorite, I wasn't a huge fan. I just remember that movie glossing/skipping over a few important parts from the books, that bugged me haha

Probably best not to say my second favorite of the first 6 was the 6th, the Half Blood Prince; which also left out and changed some things from the book.

But then listening to Rowling on the release of part 2, she's delighted with all the different directors interpretations of her work; saying the plan never was to give a page by page reworking of the books so to speak, but the main bulk of the plot amended to on screen action. So if the author's happy and in full agreement at what was cut and what was left, I wouldn't get too worked up at any differences.

Hail.

Probably best not to say my second favorite of the first 6 was the 6th, the Half Blood Prince; which also left out and changed some things from the book.

But then listening to Rowling on the release of part 2, she's delighted with all the different directors interpretations of her work; saying the plan never was to give a page by page reworking of the books so to speak, but the main bulk of the plot amended to on screen action. So if the author's happy and in full agreement at what was cut and what was left, I wouldn't get too worked up at any differences.

Hail.

True, I don't think any of the movies were necessarily "bad". If it works for JK, it works for me

True, I don't think any of the movies were necessarily "bad". If it works for JK, it works for me

I completely agree and it took me years to convince my wife of this.

I did not read the first three books but have read all of the remaining ones. There was so much in those that would have been difficult to bring to the screen. The Order of the Phoenix would have had to be 5 hours long to do things along the lines of the book. The Goblet of Fire is missing all the stuff about the House Elves but it would have made the movie very disjointed in my opinion.

I enjoy the movies a lot. I think they really started getting good with The Prisoner of Azkaban because I feel the movies got more focused. It also was the first one with the new (and better) Dumbledore.

Interesting elkabong man,

I personally need to watch a series right through if they catch my interest. But everyone's different.

You've missed out on my personal favourite of the first 6 in the 4th, the Goblet of Fire. The action in the tri-wizard tournament just rocks, and that's the one we get our first real glimpse of he-who-shall-not-be-named. :paranoid:

Hail.

But there are so many characters introduced to us in GOF (in the book and movie) who serve absolutely no purpose to the story. And the tri-wizard tournament was another pointless plot line.

Actually based on that link it has the bezt average but the total gross was nowhere compared to the twilight movie.

That's because the total gross for the sparkly vampire wannabes is for the entire run of the movie and the gross for HP is for the 1 day, wait until the movie has run it's course in theaters and then check that stat.

Thought this movie was average at best and the director has a poor understanding of human emotion. The emotional reaction and behavior of characters for the last quarter of the movie was completely disconnected. It felt like I was watching the superbowl only the fans lost interest in the 4th quarter and the players didn't care if they won or lost.

I saw it yesterday and I thought it was good, but grossly overrated. IMO, it wasn't nearly as good as everyone was claiming.

While I do watch them when on tv or randomly, I wasn't as much a fan of the 4th, 5th, and 6th movies. Too many changes to the script in addition to the omissions. However, I actually thought Deathly Hallows 7 part 1 was fine and did a great job capturing the setting and emotions. I felt that was continuing in part 2...until the battle. I think really what it was were the omissions they did make this go around were not minor. Also, they hyped certain things in it that the book did not, that lent itself to making it a bit overrated/average as a result. Had they stuck to the book a bit more and taken some of the dialogue from within, or some of the other battle scenes that went on, I think this movie would have been much better.

I bet you in the long run it won't beat out The Dark Knight. I think this movie will top out around $350 million.

Yea I agree, 400mil is an optimistic estimate but 350 million in the US may be enough to helpt put it at close to 1 billion worldwide, which is a highly optimistic estmate. 350 mil is a great bet. I'm planning on seeing it again, but this time in 2D, and I'm sure many of the people who went to the midnight showings will also want to see it again.

Yea I agree, 400mil is an optimistic estimate but 350 million in the US may be enough to helpt put it at close to 1 billion worldwide, which is a highly optimistic estmate. 350 mil is a great bet. I'm planning on seeing it again, but this time in 2D, and I'm sure many of the people who went to the midnight showings will also want to see it again.

Harry Potter has a fast start so far. Box Office numbers here.

I don't know if it has the staying power of a real drama, something that people will want to see again. I haven't seen Harry Potter, except for the first one and parts of the Pheonix one.

Shocked to say, I liked this movie. A lot. Its the first one I've seen on the big screen, so that may have something to do with it but I thought this one nailed it. Pt. 1 was much more sophisticated than they previous movies but it was terribly boring/repetitive as a stand alone movie. Pt. 2 was just as well done as Pt. 1 with the added benefit that the plot actually MOVED.

Really, I can't believe I'm saying this but it was a very good movie even for a non-Harry Pottery fan.

One of the very best things I liked about the movie. I expected Severus to come out smelling like a rose. I was pleasantly surprised to see Voldemort become human.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Some Dark Lord he turned out to be. He let Harry get right up in his face, then he got bested by frickin NEVILLE? Are you kidding me?

Archived