Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Reid's Hate for the Skins

Gibbsisgod2006

only mistake was mcnabb, we move on now. id argue that bruce allen added more to this roster last offseason than vinny cerrato did in the last 3 years of his tenure.

If we don't sign Jamaal Brown, which it doesn't appear we will, you can add him to the list of mistakes.

Also didn't we draft a TE in last years draft only to trade him before pre-season? There's another mistake.

I like what this front office has done so far in some respects, but they've had their fair share of bumps in the road. However I'm with you, I will give them the benefit of the doubt for at least another two years, before I really start to grow frustrated with them.

Ahh, Lavar and Dukes. The guys who take it up the butt from Snyder. Who talk tough about taking Snyder to account, then play the *****es when Snyder appears on their show, during the early days of his lawsuit against the City Paper.

Who cares what appears on their program?

I'll take the "nothing" they have now. It's more entertaining than reading column after column about how much Reid thought the Skins were a hopeless disaster. That got old when it was JLC's shtick.

At least now they're talking about what the team might be doing instead of whether or not the FO is stupid for doing what they "might" be doing.

Not a Reid guy far from it and I agree with some of the critiques on him and I pointed out him being negative JLC style the day he got JLC's job. But at least on Insider he was cranking out blogs especially before the draft -- the new insider crew doesn't seem to do much work at least thus far. Love or hate JLC, he'd have blogs coming sometimes 5 to 6 times a day especially pre draft. With the new insider you are lucky to get that in a month. I'd rather hear something about the Skins even if I disagree with it or a rumor even if it doesn't pan out than nothing. IMO too much nothing with the current insider column.

thin skinned are some of my fellow fans.

There is overly positive coverage which can be found from guys like Larry Michael who at one time said he'd take Jason Campbell over Peyton Manning because Manning was "due" for an injury.

There is overly negative coverage which does happen.

Then there is realistic coverage, which I think some people just can't handle. It upsets them too much. Thin roster, lots of rebuilding needed, didn't get off to a great start with that, traded some picks, lost some games against bad teams, injuries, bad character guys, etc.

That's just how it is. They were a bad team, and when you're losing...most of your stories aren't going to be about the great stuff that's happening. Just because Orakpo played well doesn't mean he trumps the benching of McNabb, then the 2min drill excuse, then the cardio excuse. Come on.

Lavar and Dukes would be in the category of overly negative coverage. This whole 106.7 claim that they "tell it like it is" is a bunch of crap. 980 is overly positive, 106.7 is overly negative.

Somewhere in the middle is the realistic coverage you're speaking of.

Negativity leads to more discussion, which leads to more viewers/readers, which leads to more money.

The best thing the 'Skins could do to shut up all these idiots is to just win.

I'm not sure whether or not Snyder wants control back or not. I would imagine that he will ride this one out for a while. I think that one way or the other, Bruce probably is sticking around. Team Shanny might be out, but I don't even think that's probable. In a private moment, I'm pretty sure that Snyder recognized what a mess he had on his hands. If he didn't realize that, he wouldn't have fired Vinny. So, I think he realizes that this rebuilding project is going to take a while.

Now, the mediots, they are a different story. Everything has to be done "perfectly" as to what they would do, or they will crush whoever is there. Gibbs did as well as anybody with these idiots, by just not saying anything.

Anyway, they're are more bad Redskins reporters than good. Though John Keim, Kevin Sheehan, and a few others generally distinguish themselves as being somewhat impartial.

News flash. Our team. My favorite team. They suck!!! 6 games last year and they could have lost all 6 of them. Sure you can argue that they could have won a few more too but the sad truth is the Redskins are terrible. If anyone wants to bash them I say go right on ahead. Until the Skins draft well, get younger, get a franchise QB, an o line.. a defense... then why should we have any reason to think they will be a good team in 2011? Sorry, but I'm with Chad, Lavar, Jason Reid, and anyone else who says this team is terrible. They are correct.

Ahh, Lavar and Dukes. The guys who take it up the butt from Snyder. Who talk tough about taking Snyder to account, then play the *****es when Snyder appears on their show, during the early days of his lawsuit against the City Paper.

Who cares what appears on their program?

To Lavar's credit, he was very fair in his analysis of Shanahan. If I recall correctly he said Shanny deserves 3 full years to put in his plan. He also said this upcoming year can't really be held against him becasue of lockout, etc...but he does hold him accountable for last years mistakes. I can agree with that and do think by not rebuilding starting last year we lost some time and gained less than we could have. Shanahan to me has done some good but has made two criticial mistakes with McNabb and Haynesworth. I'm glad that he seems to have figured out McNabb was a mistake, but the Haynesworth issue is a difficult one to figure out. You don't want to cut him and let him potentially pick his landing spot but you don't want the distraction. Too bad we didn't move him to the Titans last year.....

I think we should expect and demand better from the team itself.

Total offense - Ranked 18th

Total defense - Ranked 31st

Scoring - Ranked 25th

Passing - Ranked 8th (oddly enough)

Rushing - Ranked 30th

Touchdowns - Ranked 25th

Sacks - Ranked 25th

INT's - Ranked 19th

Thanks reality there, folks. We can nitpick over the details of Stats. But if they were good enough for Larry Michael to use when our D was ranked in the top 5...but he never mentioned a big part of that was our turnovers giving a short field, or our teams failing at a key moment giving good field position.

The fact is that the Redskins under Dan Snyder has been spiraling towards irrelevancy with only a good market and die hard fans keeping it afloat. One primetime game for 2011? That says all you need to know about the Redskins and a national presences. They threw away a generation of fans with poor choices.

You guys are funny. Every writer everywhere apparently hates the Redskins according to this place. People get made when the predictions are for a bad season, and with the exception of a few times in the past 10 years, they've been spot on. At what point do we just say "well, until they prove otherwise and see then results.....this is who they are."?

People expect this super scoop info. But you have an ownership who wants to sue a newspaper and makes us BS excuses "why". You've got a team trying to be your unfiltered source of info, which happens to be the most filtered of all. There is no media conspiracy here. This is what happens when you cover a bad team who trips over their own feet for the better part of a decade.

Sad, but true!

If we don't sign Jamaal Brown, which it doesn't appear we will, you can add him to the list of mistakes.

Also didn't we draft a TE in last years draft only to trade him before pre-season? There's another mistake.

I like what this front office has done so far in some respects, but they've had their fair share of bumps in the road. However I'm with you, I will give them the benefit of the doubt for at least another two years, before I really start to grow frustrated with them.

the jamaal brown thing is different because of this whole CBA issue. id venture to say he'd be resigned already if it hadnt been for that, but who knows.

the one TE we drafted made sense, we needed a blocking TE, and frankly we ended up getting the other guy paulson instead so i wouldnt call that a mistake.

but im with you, i like what ive seen so far and id like to see more.

thin skinned are some of my fellow fans.

I agree Shanny and Bruce deserve time...and at the same time, the McNabb stuff was handled poorly. I actually like how Albert was handled after he lied about showing at Mini-Camp. He wasn't in shape and deserved to be worked like a dog. Shanny make his mistakes in year one. Looking back, McNabb trade was a mistake. Probably Brown too. That's draft picks right there. I don't blame them for thinking they had a team a lot closer to competing that what was really here. But the truth is that they dropped the ball there and the record doesn't look that different from Zorn's final year. That doesn't mean Shanny WON'T turn it around. That means they deserve to be called out on their mistakes. Just like their successes for taking a LT in the 1st. Or finding a gem in Banks.

There is overly positive coverage which can be found from guys like Larry Michael who at one time said he'd take Jason Campbell over Peyton Manning because Manning was "due" for an injury.

There is overly negative coverage which does happen.

Then there is realistic coverage, which I think some people just can't handle. It upsets them too much. Thin roster, lots of rebuilding needed, didn't get off to a great start with that, traded some picks, lost some games against bad teams, injuries, bad character guys, etc.

That's just how it is. They were a bad team, and when you're losing...most of your stories aren't going to be about the great stuff that's happening. Just because Orakpo played well doesn't mean he trumps the benching of McNabb, then the 2min drill excuse, then the cardio excuse. Come on.

Who says that their aren't going to be bumps in the road sure the McNabb experiment went bad but hind sight is always 20/20. I agree they did handle the McNabb situation very poorly but what team and organization doesn’t make mistakes. You can say that the Brown trade was bad but at the time with the limited free Agents that were available it probably was the best move at the time. I am not saying that the Redskins are going to win the super bowl or even sniff a .500 record but what I am saying is that they just finished year one with and the front office should be given a chance to fix the roster that Vinny left them. Sure they were one game better then under Zorn but they pretty much had Zorn's roster their not much you can do with a limited Free Agency Market and no draft picks to speak off especially when your transitioning your defense from a 4-3 to a 3-4. Cultural changes don’t happen overnight they take time. That’s what my biggest beef with Jason Reid and guys from 106.7 the Fan is that their ready to throw Mike Shannahan and Bruce Allen out on the street after one year.

---------- Post added April-21st-2011 at 02:16 PM ----------

the jamaal brown thing is different because of this whole CBA issue. id venture to say he'd be resigned already if it hadnt been for that, but who knows.

the one TE we drafted made sense, we needed a blocking TE, and frankly we ended up getting the other guy paulson instead so i wouldnt call that a mistake.

but im with you, i like what ive seen so far and id like to see more.

Also the TE played FB too.

I have been a fan for over 35 years and I have to agree with him and after a season of Shanny - I am not sure why people have so much faith in him.

McNabb was a disaster from the start - the trade was stupid and then when he didnt play super (he did ok) with no OL, running game for half the season or WR's, he threw him under the bus to cover his skinny son. I was a huge McNabb hater when he was an eagle and despised the trade... but thought he did well under the circumstances and he didnt deserve the crappy treatment he received.

Nice job shanny - protect your idiot son and embarass an NFL Vet - way to win over those players!!!!!

So far Shanny and Allen have been a big zero and only made matters worse on this team.

---------- Post added April-21st-2011 at 02:42 PM ----------

I think we should expect and demand better from the team itself.

Total offense - Ranked 18th

Total defense - Ranked 31st

Scoring - Ranked 25th

Passing - Ranked 8th (oddly enough)

Rushing - Ranked 30th

Touchdowns - Ranked 25th

Sacks - Ranked 25th

INT's - Ranked 19th

Thanks reality there, folks. We can nitpick over the details of Stats. But if they were good enough for Larry Michael to use when our D was ranked in the top 5...but he never mentioned a big part of that was our turnovers giving a short field, or our teams failing at a key moment giving good field position.

The fact is that the Redskins under Dan Snyder has been spiraling towards irrelevancy with only a good market and die hard fans keeping it afloat. One primetime game for 2011? That says all you need to know about the Redskins and a national presences. They threw away a generation of fans with poor choices.

All too true... the glaring stats: Scoring and Defense.... just abysmal...

How did this team win 6 games????

Do we not also have the choice to expect and demand better?

No, you have the choice to listen or not. If people stop listening to him, then he will no longer have a job. If the WP sees people get fired up over what he says, they know he has readers and will keep him. If he gets ignored, then the Post has no reason to keep him because he is no longer an asset.

Who says that their aren't going to be bumps in the road sure the McNabb experiment went bad but hind sight is always 20/20. I agree they did handle the McNabb situation very poorly but what team and organization doesn’t make mistakes. You can say that the Brown trade was bad but at the time with the limited free Agents that were available it probably was the best move at the time. I am not saying that the Redskins are going to win the super bowl or even sniff a .500 record but what I am saying is that they just finished year one with and the front office should be given a chance to fix the roster that Vinny left them. Sure they were one game better then under Zorn but they pretty much had Zorn's roster their not much you can do with a limited Free Agency Market and no draft picks to speak off especially when your transitioning your defense from a 4-3 to a 3-4. Cultural changes don’t happen overnight they take time. That’s what my biggest beef with Jason Reid and guys from 106.7 the Fan is that their ready to throw Mike Shannahan and Bruce Allen out on the street after one year.

---------- Post added April-21st-2011 at 02:16 PM ----------

Also the TE played FB too.

Save it.

Every year we go through this. Skins picked to have a poor year and this place goes nuts about writers or talking heads who supposedly "hate" this team. Then the season ends, we're under .500 and nobody says "You know what.....(X) was right about this team in the preseason". With the exception of the two Gibbs' playoff years, one being thanks for Sean Taylor and CP, and the other being a team coming together after #21's death.......they've been right and the loudest people here have been dead wrong.

Until they prove otherwise, the Washington Redskins do NOT deserve the benefit of the doubt. I don't care if Vince Lombardi and Bill Walsh rise from the grave to be Coach and GM. Until they do it......they haven't earned anything.

If there is a season this year, maybe it'll be the year they get on track. I sure as hell hope so.

This team has needs beyond just the football field. When they need good PR more than even, we've got a tone deaf owner who until last year wanted to play Madden with a real football team. I don't care about the legality of anything. Suing fans wasn't worth the PR. Suing that paper is still bad PR. Banning Signs = dumb. Only allowing season tickets to be bought on team credit card = dumb. Charging for an express exit lane from the stadium = dumb. Charging fans to come see training camp = dumb. If he put that much work over the years into finding skilled people who had the football business skills, maybe we wouldn't be in this position. But that's nothing a batch of Jason Taylor or Donovan McNabb jersey sales can't fix.

Shambles

No, you have the choice to listen or not. If people stop listening to him, then he will no longer have a job. If the WP sees people get fired up over what he says, they know he has readers and will keep him. If he gets ignored, then the Post has no reason to keep him because he is no longer an asset.

no only that. People love to say these writers suck or don't know anything. Then JLC gets a money gig with the NFL Network and NFL.com. Yeah, he sucks so bad that he got probably his dream job. From the outside looking in, outlets see writers dealing with an extremely hostile organization that has to put out their own Baghdad Bob in a lame attempt to counter the true. That gets these writers props from their peers and better gigs on a bigger stage.

You guys are funny. Every writer everywhere apparently hates the Redskins according to this place. People get made when the predictions are for a bad season, and with the exception of a few times in the past 10 years, they've been spot on. At what point do we just say "well, until they prove otherwise and see then results.....this is who they are."?

People expect this super scoop info. But you have an ownership who wants to sue a newspaper and makes us BS excuses "why". You've got a team trying to be your unfiltered source of info, which happens to be the most filtered of all. There is no media conspiracy here. This is what happens when you cover a bad team who trips over their own feet for the better part of a decade.

No kidding.

Jason's comments were not "hate" but honest observation.

If the team doesn't like it they can always start winning and Danny can drop his naked craving for attention. The team may be getting better and it may not. At this point there is no way to know so Reid's comments are based on history.

no only that. People love to say these writers suck or don't know anything. Then JLC gets a money gig with the NFL Network and NFL.com. Yeah, he sucks so bad that he got probably his dream job. From the outside looking in, outlets see writers dealing with an extremely hostile organization that has to put out their own Baghdad Bob in a lame attempt to counter the true. That gets these writers props from their peers and better gigs on a bigger stage.

JLC actually got recommended for the ESPN job by Dan Snyder - It may have been an upwards and outwards move for JLC - at the least it got him out of the Skins hair and now there is the intellectual midget Jason Reid who simply cannot make the mud stick as the anoying buzz in the corner that is the WP insider . Lets not forget that JKC had a major falling out with the Washington Times and for a period totally ignored them making the WP the defacto voice of the team .

What this team needs is less fans like you who cannot see anything for the rain . What sucks to be a skins fans is to but up with the drivel and the negativity that some people strive on ....

The problem I have is the Jason Reids and the whining ass fans never stop talking about yesterday - Things like charging to attend training camp - when was that last season ? the season before - or 11 seasons ago - since then more than one team including the Cowboys have either started charging or given it serious consideration . Who was the HC then Mike Shanahan....Jim Zorn....??? How about the GM or pseudo GM ...Bruce Allen..... ? Okay the Sign banning - that lasted 2 weeks - Karl Swanson implemented the idea and fell on his sword the following year ...suing the Granny - how far did that actually get once the information was publicized and brought to the attention to the upper management - Ask the fans who where locked out the superbowl how their case against the Cowboys ....

Then you have the player mistakes - I love the line that Mike Shanahan should be given more than one year but then you turn around and say he messed up on McNabb so sucks so should be shown the door ..

McNabb was a mistake but I think instead of limping along with the dead duck at QB the FO realize the mistake and look to cut their losses . The way the situation has fallen apart is not unrelated to the NFLPA taking the game away from the fans and invoking the lock out could have been predicted but this time last season you could see it should have been avoided

What were the Madden moves we made last season - Oh yeah I remember when we broke the bank to bring Peppers in here - oh no he went to the bears, but he would have played well with Dansby.... no wait he went to the Dolphins, I know when Rolle came in and solidifed... no wait ... no ... he went to the GIants for big money .... or how about Danta Robins.. no .. no we made no big splashes in the FA - In fact not including trades I think the biggest name was Willie Parker .....

I can go on and on and I am sure you can equally point out flaws in what I say - The thing is no matter of complaining is going to stop Jim Zorn and Vinny C blown a 2nd round pick on Jason Taylor in 2008... its not going to undo the $100million contract for fat Al ...it is never going to make the bad taste of the Skins best punt protector (Adam Archuletta) go away - We can all point at what was wrong what needed changing but things have changed . Everything people moan about (with the exception of McNabb) went down under a different watch, a different management and a different time ... time to stop looking backwards and start looking forward ...if you cannot see the team looks to be going in the right direction then I am not sure there is any point you watching the Skins until the bandwagon comes to pick you up ...

Archived