Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Reid's Hate for the Skins

Gibbsisgod2006

fair enough.

I just can't ignore the past decade under this ownership. It felt we were heading in the right direction under Marty. Then Gibbs. Never really under Spurrier or Zorn.

Right now its a question. No #1 QB, no #1 RB, no #1 WR makes me wonder what direction they are going in.

Again, my bottom line is that I can hope Bruce and Shanny have a better plan than they did a year ago. But until we see something, we don't know if they are moving in the right direction. That's just the truth.

So many holes all over the roster outside of Orakpo, Hall, Fletcher, Landry, Cooley, T Williams.

I get your point ...I actually envy you - in the last few years there have been much worse things happen to me than the ineptitude of the skins to worry me ....but I get your point and I hope I did not cause to much offense ...

On the positive side I think we could see at least one of those holes (QB) will be filled next week - I am not sure if it Andy Dalton or Locker or someone totally off resevation but I think once the QB is selected we will know whos really in charge - If ifs Locker then Mike is in the driver seat if Dalton then ...RB I don't think we need or desire a No.1. back - if we can get a rotation going like in Denver would anyone worry we don't have a number 1 back . As for a No1 WR - Get everything else clicking first ....

We need in this order....a new C, RT, LG, RG. Maybe one or two guys can step up. But they need to think like that guy isn't on the roster. If you make your goal to build the most dominate QL you can. Then protecting a QB will be like #11 back in the early 90's. Untouched.

Save it.

Every year we go through this. Skins picked to have a poor year and this place goes nuts about writers or talking heads who supposedly "hate" this team. Then the season ends, we're under .500 and nobody says "You know what.....(X) was right about this team in the preseason". With the exception of the two Gibbs' playoff years, one being thanks for Sean Taylor and CP, and the other being a team coming together after #21's death.......they've been right and the loudest people here have been dead wrong.

Until they prove otherwise, the Washington Redskins do NOT deserve the benefit of the doubt. I don't care if Vince Lombardi and Bill Walsh rise from the grave to be Coach and GM. Until they do it......they haven't earned anything.

If there is a season this year, maybe it'll be the year they get on track. I sure as hell hope so.

This team has needs beyond just the football field. When they need good PR more than even, we've got a tone deaf owner who until last year wanted to play Madden with a real football team. I don't care about the legality of anything. Suing fans wasn't worth the PR. Suing that paper is still bad PR. Banning Signs = dumb. Only allowing season tickets to be bought on team credit card = dumb. Charging for an express exit lane from the stadium = dumb. Charging fans to come see training camp = dumb. If he put that much work over the years into finding skilled people who had the football business skills, maybe we wouldn't be in this position. But that's nothing a batch of Jason Taylor or Donovan McNabb jersey sales can't fix.

Shambles

I am not saying that the Skins are going to be great because I know that this team has a lot holes to fill. But I do have a problem with Reporter like Jason Reid, radio show hosts and fans after year one ready to show Shannahn and Allen the door. Lets have some continuity for once and give him a chance.

Ok let me get this straight.. Shanahan and Allen need time to make good front office decisions but McNabb doesn't get time to fix our offense? Shanahan should be judged just like every other coach and player in the NFL. If he makes a dumb move like the McNabb trade he should be blasted for it. If he makes a dumb move like benching McNabb and crushing his trade value then he should be blasted for it. Mike Singletary gone after two years! Josh McDaniels two years and gone! Wade Phillips 3 1/2 years 2 playoffs gone! So what's wrong with Reid's thoughts that if Shanahan has another 5-11 season with no direction that he'll be gone? Doesn't mean he hates the skins. just means he's telling the truth!

My point is that Reid and a great many of his cynical, disenchanted journo colleagues are living in the past. They will quickly become relics when the tide finally starts to turn, and they're accelerating their own demises by alienating fans along the way.

and an excellent point it is.

We need in this order....a new C, RT, LG, RG. Maybe one or two guys can step up. But they need to think like that guy isn't on the roster. If you make your goal to build the most dominate QL you can. Then protecting a QB will be like #11 back in the early 90's. Untouched.

back to this nonsense. sorry, again this isnt 1986. there wont be any hogs ever again. it cannot exist in this free agency era. even if somehow we struck gold on a bunch of UDFA and early draft picks, if they all panned out theyd at most have 3 years as a unit and then what? back to square one.

we need a QB, and we wont win consistently without one. oline is 2nd fiddle to a QB in the modern NFL. this has been proven time and time again. every elite team has a dominant QB, its just the way it is, no way around it.

back to this nonsense. sorry, again this isnt 1986. there wont be any hogs ever again. it cannot exist in this free agency era. even if somehow we struck gold on a bunch of UDFA and early draft picks, if they all panned out theyd at most have 3 years as a unit and then what? back to square one.

we need a QB, and we wont win consistently without one. oline is 2nd fiddle to a QB in the modern NFL. this has been proven time and time again. every elite team has a dominant QB, its just the way it is, no way around it.

I agree with you. The era of the super dominant Hogs like o-line is over.

With that said, I think very little of this QB class. I'd personally shore the d and o-lines, trade any vet over 28 and tank next year to get Andrew Luck

Ok let me get this straight.. Shanahan and Allen need time to make good front office decisions but McNabb doesn't get time to fix our offense? Shanahan should be judged just like every other coach and player in the NFL. If he makes a dumb move like the McNabb trade he should be blasted for it. If he makes a dumb move like benching McNabb and crushing his trade value then he should be blasted for it. Mike Singletary gone after two years! Josh McDaniels two years and gone! Wade Phillips 3 1/2 years 2 playoffs gone! So what's wrong with Reid's thoughts that if Shanahan has another 5-11 season with no direction that he'll be gone? Doesn't mean he hates the skins. just means he's telling the truth!

The skins do have a direction . We could not do much rebuilding last season with all the discord with the free agency that has carried over to this season - We got young players coming through like Armstrong, Autstin, Paulsen, Lichstiger, Banks, Williams, Williams, Torain, Barnes, Jarmon and Riley were all getting more and more playing time .

We rolled the dice on the best QB we could get last season and he was a poor fit - His work ethics and coachability always were concerning but McNabb was a mistake - but at least we moved on when it was clear it was never going to work . At least we didn't burn a high pick on Jimmy Clausen....

But we cannot be 2 and done with Shanahan even if he does have another 5-11 season because the churn in the coaching staff and philosophy is why we suck so badly . Sure the Broncos dumped Josh McDaniels but then Josh McDaniels is an idiot and over his 2 years dismantled that young core they had and replaced them with bizzaro players - yes Tim I am looking at you . Philips never was a coach who people would follow through the forest - The Cowboys simply quit on him which is why he had to go ...and the 49ers are in just as bad a place as we are . But look at the Broncos - prior to Josh McMoron they had Shanahan for 13 years took them to 2 superbowl victories and regularly made the post season, the cowboys have had 8 head coaches in their history - we have had 7 since Snyder took over .

Reid has a personal ax to grind with the Shanahan regime and is pumping out the old "FO is a mess" which he knows some of the fanbase will get behind, even though there is little substance to the claims , which makes me think he really doesn't have much contact with the Skins anymore than anyone here does .

Bill Belichick a couple years or so ago: "I have 5 left tackles."

Like hell, you can't build an elite line today. Look at how the Jets line moves people.

Sure, it would be nearly impossible to keep that line loaded, over a decade. But linemen aren't that highly regarded in FA. I could see a Jacoby type getting bought away from us, aka Steve Hutchinson, but that's it.

You can have the goal of building the best OL in football without having to recreate the Hogs. For years the Pats and Colts were all about OL to protect their QB's and givng them time to make plays. How do you think Manning or Brady would have looked the past decade behind our OL? I'm thinking one would have retired by now because of the beatings and injuries.

Yesterday I was listening to Lavar and Dukes on the way home. Jason Reid was their guess they were talking about the Redskin's schedule and what their record is going to be next year. Then Jason Reid goes on to say that the skins will never be good until our front office is a mess gets cleaned up and Shannahan is nothing more than a joke when it comes to making personnel decisions. Jason Reid also went on to sat said that Shannahan could be out of here next year if he doesn't turn things around because Snyder might want some control back that he gave up. It seems every time Jason Reid gets on the air that he is constantly blasting the Skins on moves they make or what happen with McNabb. Why does Jason Reid hate the skins so much?

I agree with all of this.. We have little to no talent. Who's our starting QB??? RB??? WR's???? O-Line??? The Skins are a joke until further notice. 7 wins at best next year...

You can have the goal of building the best OL in football without having to recreate the Hogs. For years the Pats and Colts were all about OL to protect their QB's and givng them time to make plays. How do you think Manning or Brady would have looked the past decade behind our OL? I'm thinking one would have retired by now because of the beatings and injuries.

OKAY! Lets look at Aaron Rodgers and Ben Rothelisberger. Both teams OL SUCKED in recent years. Big Ben hit the ground 49 times in 2008, the Steelers SB year. That same year, Rodgers was sacked 51 times. Both had good years.

Yes, its important too have a good OL, but...........you better have a QB.

I agree with all of this.. We have little to no talent. Who's our starting QB??? RB??? WR's???? O-Line??? The Skins are a joke until further notice. 7 wins at best next year...

Totally crap! How in the hell do you know how many games this team will win? Shanny couldn't turn this team around in 1 year. Reid is full of ****!

Totally crap! How in the hell do you know how many games this team will win? Shanny couldn't turn this team around in 1 year. Reid is full of ****!

No one knows. That's why it's a PREDICTION... It's an educated guess. Based on the lack of talent at key positions, it can be reasonably predicted that the Redskins will not win more than 7 games....

He was crapping on Bradford going into the draft last year and said we have to address the o-line. Guess what, we used the 4th pick on an LT who played well, but Bradford looks like a franchise QB.

Keep in mind that Bradford is also playing behind a MUCH better OL as is Sanchez. Unless there is a peyton manning in the draft you build up your OL first.

Bill Belichick a couple years or so ago: "I have 5 left tackles."

Like hell, you can't build an elite line today. Look at how the Jets line moves people.

Sure, it would be nearly impossible to keep that line loaded, over a decade. But linemen aren't that highly regarded in FA. I could see a Jacoby type getting bought away from us, aka Steve Hutchinson, but that's it.

bellichick can say whatever cute comments he wants, his QB is tom brady and thats all that matters. they shuffle oline every single year and theres one constant on that offense: mr tom brady.

peyton manning is exactly the same. that line is constantly changing guys in and out every year but theres one constant: a hall of famer.

rodgers has played behind merely decent lines as has big ben, both have won superbowls.

the jets already have a carousel working at the oline. the only two current mainstays are ferguson and mangold.

point blank: we must have a QB if were gonna ever compete, just a blatant fact that we cannot get around no matter how many stud lineman we draft for the next 100 years.

Archived