Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Reid's Hate for the Skins

Gibbsisgod2006

Reid is playing to Chad and Lavar too. They hate the damn team. Straight up. They and Reid get their ratings by trashing the skins. And listen to the callers too. They call in and bash the skins and Lavar and Chad chuckle. Someone calls in and points out anything good about the skins and they get attacked or cut off by Chad because the guy said "um" too much between pauses. Its a joke.

Reid knows crap about football. lavar and dukes know even less.

the front office is set. the roster is a work in progress. theres no such thing as a front office being "a work in progress" unless you are unhappy with our scouting department or our talent scouts.

I need to see more one draft and FA period isn't enough....

I can appreciate the frustration with blind homerism. I get sick to my stomach listening to Larry Michaels. He's absurd. But the same can be said of the chad and lavars and Jason Reid's of the world when they blindly hate on the skins especially the current regime.

The idea that the current regime has just been "more of the same" (a common theme on Lavardukes). They love to point out that they signed larry johnson and galloway. They completely ignore the no-cap year and the restrictions posed on free agency as a result. They totally ignore that they picked a franchise left tackle with their top pick and one that very few of us saw as being a good pick when it happened. They ignore how they completely cleaned up their financial balance sheet relative to the cap and removed all the dead money with their restructures.

They completely ignore the fact that they found Brandon banks and ended the Randle El days. They completely ignored the Anthony Armstrong development. They completely ignore that Carriker for what we gave away was a nice little deal. They completely ignore that amidst the restrictive no cap year they transitioned the entire staff and both offensive and defensive philophies and play books. They brought the 3-4 defense. That's a tough transition WITHOUT free agency restrictions.

They are cleaning up a whole lot of crap. The media around here loves to say "we've sucked for so long". Its ONE year (an uncapped restricted year at that!) under this regime! THEY didn't sign Haynesworth. The fact that they deal with him the way they do is a CURING of the Cancer that was in this organization for years, not the cause of it. Mcnabb was a bad deal in retrospect but ya know what? He brought stability, he brought example of work ethic and professionalism. It sucks how it went and I still think they'll end up with a fourth so they lost a 2nd for him. Sucks but OK, its a mistake. A mistake they admitted quickly and they will resolve quickly. They won't be perfect. They just have to be competent and there's nothing about them yet to suggest they aren't. References to the "last decade" is straight up wrong. References to only winning superbowl's with Elway is just plain stupid.

The team is more disciplined. Less volatile (obviously exceptions being having to deal with the haynseworth situation). They didn't sign joey galloway or Willie Parker to multiple year guaranteed contracts. They were plugging holes to bridge the gap until they get to a real free agency period while trying to instill a new culture and new attitude. (along with new systems in all phases of the game). We are better today since Shanny and allen got here. I don't even think that can be debated. I have every reason to think they'll make some smart moves in this draft. I also think they will make some smart free agency signings when they can. I like the Otogwe signing too. I love Torrain and I am sure they will supplement the backfield. Lichtensteiger will probably be a pretty good CENTER soon.

They made mistakes. But they are trying to dig out of a pretty big hole they began with. The local media gives them NO credit. Its ridiculous.

Reid is playing to Chad and Lavar too. They hate the damn team. Straight up. They and Reid get their ratings by trashing the skins. And listen to the callers too. They call in and bash the skins and Lavar and Chad chuckle. Someone calls in and points out anything good about the skins and they get attacked or cut off by Chad because the guy said "um" too much between pauses. Its a joke.

Reid knows crap about football. lavar and dukes know even less.

This is true. I stopped listening to Lavar and Dukes right around the time Devin Thomas got cut last year.

I wasn't too happy about it either but Lavar and Dukes pretended as if we just released prime Jerry Rice. They just need to something to whine and ***** about.

I need to see more one draft and FA period isn't enough....

rightly so and i agree with you, but saying its a work in progress doesnt make any sense. if you wanna say im not sold on this front office yet thats completely understandable. but theres no work in progress, the front office is what it is, you either like it or you dont.

The skins do have a direction . We could not do much rebuilding last season with all the discord with the free agency that has carried over to this season - We got young players coming through like Armstrong, Autstin, Paulsen, Lichstiger, Banks, Williams, Williams, Torain, Barnes, Jarmon and Riley were all getting more and more playing time .

We rolled the dice on the best QB we could get last season and he was a poor fit - His work ethics and coachability always were concerning but McNabb was a mistake - but at least we moved on when it was clear it was never going to work . At least we didn't burn a high pick on Jimmy Clausen....

But we cannot be 2 and done with Shanahan even if he does have another 5-11 season because the churn in the coaching staff and philosophy is why we suck so badly . Sure the Broncos dumped Josh McDaniels but then Josh McDaniels is an idiot and over his 2 years dismantled that young core they had and replaced them with bizzaro players - yes Tim I am looking at you . Philips never was a coach who people would follow through the forest - The Cowboys simply quit on him which is why he had to go ...and the 49ers are in just as bad a place as we are . But look at the Broncos - prior to Josh McMoron they had Shanahan for 13 years took them to 2 superbowl victories and regularly made the post season, the cowboys have had 8 head coaches in their history - we have had 7 since Snyder took over .

Reid has a personal ax to grind with the Shanahan regime and is pumping out the old "FO is a mess" which he knows some of the fanbase will get behind, even though there is little substance to the claims , which makes me think he really doesn't have much contact with the Skins anymore than anyone here does .

Excellent post. Your 100% correct. There is absolutely no way I give shannahan and allen less than 3 MORE years. Last year can hardly count. The labor discord, no cap, free agency restrictions etc made it very difficult to use free agency properly. I'd like to see more draft picks and I am hopeful we can trade back this year to pick some up and that next year we have a full compliment of picks and maybe one of two from some trades if possible. That said, for what he's had to deal with I think Shanny is doing fine. Replacing him shouldn't even be on our minds right now. I would give him three more years period. If we don't get in the playoffs and compete by then, ok, I'll join the lynch mob but standing here and using 20'/20 hindsight to ridicule every bad outcome is really unfair.

---------- Post added April-22nd-2011 at 02:14 PM ----------

rightly so and i agree with you, but saying its a work in progress doesnt make any sense. if you wanna say im not sold on this front office yet thats completely understandable. but theres no work in progress, the front office is what it is, you either like it or you dont.

I loved how they restructured the deals so they get rid of all the dead money. all I heard was how we'd go nuts signing everybody under the sun in the uncapped year. We didn't do that. Instead we used it to restructure deals so that when the cap comes back we are not burdened with a bunch of dead money. Its really hard to grade the front office when they haven't had ONE single moment that labor strife hasn't limited what they could do. I'd love to see what they do with this cap room when the free agency period actually happens and that glut of free agents hits the market. I really expect to see alot less Randy Moss and a lot more Davin Joseph.

I'm going to break it down for the terminally slow who don't get it yet.... anything associated with "Lavar and Dukes" is going to be retarded because that is their signature contribution to football discourse. They represent the lowest level of football intelligence, journalistic acumen, and professional integrity. Reid is welcome to his easy cop-out view (he's an absolute hack) and there's no arguing that harping on the the "everything about the Redskins suck" is a reasonable platform. Nonetheless, the effusively over-populated "sport media talking heads" is just another indictment of how much we are on "full retard" as a a culture.

I just agree with most of what Levar and Dukes say about the team. This team stinks and there aint no other way to say it. SIX games people. SIX. That's all we won. Truth is we stink. There is no way to sugar coat it. How do you look at the positives of a 6 win season? Sorry, but I don't see anything positive about the team worth talking about. That's like looking at a report card full of D's and F's and saying "look at the positives".

I just agree with most of what Levar and Dukes say about the team. This team stinks and there aint no other way to say it. SIX games people. SIX. That's all we won. Truth is we stink. There is no way to sugar coat it. How do you look at the positives of a 6 win season? Sorry, but I don't see anything positive about the team worth talking about. That's like looking at a report card full of D's and F's and saying "look at the positives".

were not a good football team, that doesnt mean we cant be tho, which is what lavar and dukes dont grasp. you cannot build a winner in 1 season, which is what this front office has had, especially considering with the rotten garbage they inherited.

if we were still talking about vinny, you and lavar and dukes would be 100% correct. but so far THIS CURRENT FRONT OFFICE has had 1 draft and one free agency period. and aside from the mcnabb mistake (which lavar and dukes both liked at the start) they did a pretty good job.

Why does nayone listen to Reid anyway? When was he right about anything? Where does Reid get his information? Not from a Redskin insider because no more Vinny. He is just speculating like every other Redskins reporter. They say that McNabb will not be back even though last year he said he wants to return. They said they were going to trade Haynesworth but he was still there. They make all these reports but none of them have any truth to them. Reid is just misinformed and just out of touch with reality.

I can appreciate the frustration with blind homerism. I get sick to my stomach listening to Larry Michaels. He's absurd. But the same can be said of the chad and lavars and Jason Reid's of the world when they blindly hate on the skins especially the current regime.

I agree with your post, especially this part. On one hand you have Larry Michael. I won't say that he suffers from blind homerism, as much as it is that there is a clear conflict of interest there. On the other you have 106.7 "The Moron" who caters to the "sky is always falling crowd" and employs individuals who clearly have an axe to grind against Dan Snyder and the organization. This became clear when the organization had started making some strides last year, they continued to press all the negatives, or would twist absolutely everything into a negative light. The support for an insubordinate player (Fat Al). The love for Devin Thomas as if he was Jerry Rice. Those are just two examples.

You don't have to be overtly negative all the time to be "telling it like it is." You only gain credibility with the people who are casual fans (most fans) or those who don't really pay attention to everything that goes on, and will believe whatever you say.

I don't see anyone in the local media willing to acknowledge the positives with the negatives, or vice versa. They are either all one way or the other.

---------- Post added April-23rd-2011 at 02:02 AM ----------

The thing is though, why would you want to be a fan of the team if there is no hope? No reason to look toward a better future? The team did stink last year, but anybody who expected more than that was just kidding themselves. (Myself included, until I took the glasses off)

To use your report card analogy. Let's say it was your kid who brought that report card home. Would you do nothing but harp on him for the rest of the year. Remind him everyday about how piss poor a student he is, and how he's going to be living in a card board box in a few years. How you expect him to never change, and that your sure it's just "business" as usual everyday he gets on the bus. No. Your going to give him some grief. Take away some privileges. Apply some tough love. And then try to focus on some positives and work with him to get things straightened out. Your posting on extremeskins, so I will assume your an extreme fan of the Redskins who loves your team. Not like your child of course, but you do love your team.

What do we gain by "brow beating" as it were the team 24/7. Frankly, that would make me miserable, and I don't want to be miserable. Why should you allow something you do to pass the time, something your supposed to enjoy, to make you miserable.

The whole organization needed an attitude adjustment, and so do the fans.

Well we won four games the year before, we have have a HOF coach, we have a GM not named Vinny, we spent our first pick on an offensive tackle, etc. Listening to Lavar and Flukes, you'd think this was still 2009. And you do know they do schtick right? Dukes has admitted it on air many a time. They say what they say to get a rise out of people.

My biggest problem with the station is that it's so goddamn boring. Show after show, day after day, they talk about the same damn thing. I mean you could play a best of for a week and I wouldn't know the difference. It's like all they know is Skins controversy schtick. Yawn.

Did Jumbo change his mind and unlock this thread?

Several moderators have commented in various threads that at times when they've posted in a thread, the thread closed. Another glitch. :)

I had absolutely no intention of closing the thread (because there's no legitimate reason to do so.

---------- Post added April-23rd-2011 at 10:14 AM ----------

Several moderators have commented in various threads that at times when they've posted in a thread, the thread closed. Another glitch. :)

I had absolutely no intention of closing the thread (because there's no legitimate reason to do so.

Archived