Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Battlefield 3. Looks amazing.

Destino

Do not laugh at me, this is the first time I have ever played any battlefield game but I love this beta. This is the type of shooter I have been looking for, I've played MAG, COD BO, SOCOM4, MOH and this beta is by far the best and hardest I have touched.

PSN: DC_Hog look me up if you want a meat shield.... lol

Per EA servers are being updated and you can't play right now... Anyone else experiencing this on 360?

Yep. Were down for me.

Best game of the day was 42-20 and destroyed a couple mcoms in a winning effort while attacking. Loving the beta. Cant wait for the full game!

Fun game, it's nice to play an FPS where you can out skill someone.

That said, I'm a bit surprised how rough the game is right now. Clipping graphics etc. Lots of major issues that usually get resolved before an open beta, where servers are generally stress tested. Hopefully they get everything fixed up.

That said, I'm a bit surprised how rough the game is right now. Clipping graphics etc. Lots of major issues that usually get resolved before an open beta, where servers are generally stress tested. Hopefully they get everything fixed up.

Yeah it's more buggy than I thought it'd be too. It's fun though, def will get it when it comes out.

Took me a long time to get into a game.

And yea there are def a lot of things that needed to be fixed but i read they had to submit the Beta to Sony and Microsoft over a month ago for approval. And if u notice how small the download is they are leaving out A LOT! Id be willing to bet that the game will be totally polished and ready to kick some *** come Oct. 25th.

Overall i like the game so far. I just dont know how some people are level 25 already! lol

---------- Post added September-30th-2011 at 08:11 AM ----------

Did anyone try and get into a party/squad with friends yet?

When, I shoot someone I am not getting hit markers. This caused me to stop shooting and die. I really am hitting people, but I am just not getting hit markers. Is this a problem for anyone else?

Lag has been horrible since the beta opened to the public. It doesn't matter anyway since I've seen all I need to. This game is going to be SICK.

Biggest glitch I've encountered has happened twice, but I can't repro on demand. I have suddenly become unable to aim down the iron sights (ie - L1 simply doesn't work for me) for the duration of a life.

The next biggest thing is that you cannot sprint - walk - sprint without releasing the joystick input back to neutral first.

Other issues: Getting hit markers when not hitting and vice versa, weapon imbalance (PP2k is ridiculously OP right now), "holes" in terrain where you get stuck if prone (usually on hills). Inability to hurdle certain items that are supposed to be hurdle-able (like railing).

I think I will love this game, but I am having some trouble with certain aspects that feel non-DICElike -- Reticles for Sniper Rifles when not zoomed in, needing to hold my breath with SR, tracers are too large on SR, glare on scopes from any angle even if in shade. SMG's too accurate, assault rifles not accurate enough in short bursts.

Wish there was more than 1 assassination animation. I took 18 dogtags last night and every kill is the same, if they're prone or crouching or standing.

---------- Post added September-30th-2011 at 03:38 PM ----------

Oh, and forgot: If you get killed while arming the bomb, "press O" remains on your screen after respawn.

Coming from the Lead Designer at DICE "Folks. If it says BETA it is not, by definition, a final product" Here's his twitter account @locust9

This beta is glitchy but what I'm gathering is this was an old build that DICE wanted to use to stress test the servers. Not to mention this file size was just 1.1 gb. I'm not worried that the this game won't be fine at launch.

Coming from the Lead Designer at DICE "Folks. If it says BETA it is not, by definition, a final product" Here's his twitter account @locust9

This beta is glitchy but what I'm gathering is this was an old build that DICE wanted to use to stress test the servers. Not to mention this file size was just 1.1 gb. I'm not worried that the this game won't be fine at launch.

DICE knows what they're doing, I'm not worried at all either.

I've seen betas a heck of a lot worse than this one. The issues in this one are pretty minor.

Archived