Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Battlefield 3. Looks amazing.

Destino

Biggest glitch I've encountered has happened twice, but I can't repro on demand. I have suddenly become unable to aim down the iron sights (ie - L1 simply doesn't work for me) for the duration of a life.

The next biggest thing is that you cannot sprint - walk - sprint without releasing the joystick input back to neutral first.

Other issues: Getting hit markers when not hitting and vice versa, weapon imbalance (PP2k is ridiculously OP right now), "holes" in terrain where you get stuck if prone (usually on hills). Inability to hurdle certain items that are supposed to be hurdle-able (like railing).

I think I will love this game, but I am having some trouble with certain aspects that feel non-DICElike -- Reticles for Sniper Rifles when not zoomed in, needing to hold my breath with SR, tracers are too large on SR, glare on scopes from any angle even if in shade. SMG's too accurate, assault rifles not accurate enough in short bursts.

Wish there was more than 1 assassination animation. I took 18 dogtags last night and every kill is the same, if they're prone or crouching or standing.

---------- Post added September-30th-2011 at 03:38 PM ----------

Oh, and forgot: If you get killed while arming the bomb, "press O" remains on your screen after respawn.

I've been getting a lot of these too, getting stuck in holes around the bomb site has cost my team a win even. I dunno if this has been happening to anyone else but sometimes when I respawn everything is blue until I die and you can't even see people.

Biggest glitch I've encountered has happened twice, but I can't repro on demand. I have suddenly become unable to aim down the iron sights (ie - L1 simply doesn't work for me) for the duration of a life.

The next biggest thing is that you cannot sprint - walk - sprint without releasing the joystick input back to neutral first.

Other issues: Getting hit markers when not hitting and vice versa, weapon imbalance (PP2k is ridiculously OP right now), "holes" in terrain where you get stuck if prone (usually on hills). Inability to hurdle certain items that are supposed to be hurdle-able (like railing).

I think I will love this game, but I am having some trouble with certain aspects that feel non-DICElike -- Reticles for Sniper Rifles when not zoomed in, needing to hold my breath with SR, tracers are too large on SR, glare on scopes from any angle even if in shade. SMG's too accurate, assault rifles not accurate enough in short bursts.

Wish there was more than 1 assassination animation. I took 18 dogtags last night and every kill is the same, if they're prone or crouching or standing.

---------- Post added September-30th-2011 at 03:38 PM ----------

Oh, and forgot: If you get killed while arming the bomb, "press O" remains on your screen after respawn.

i found the same issues that you did. the inability to aim down the sights was pretty annoying.

To reaim down the sights you just need to switch to a pistol or knife or whatever. COD is much better in MP and kinda always has been. I hope the final product is less choppy during MP. I don't mean lag either, I mean the refresh rate of the video. Just a tad disappointed on the smoothness so far.

Yeah, to fix the ADS issue just switch weapons. It happened to me a ton last night. I'm really looking forward to playing this game when it's all fixed. I still had a blast playing and that was with a bunch of frustrating glitches. Definitely a good sign for the game.

The thing is, this isn't even the true battlefield experience. Nevermind the bugs and glitches. We are playing rush on an infantry-only map. Battlefield is meant to be Conquest on a huge map filled with vehicles. Much like Caspian Border that some people have unlocked for PC. Watch some videos of that on youtube. Im thinking the Operation Metro map will be the more change of pace map compared to all the other ones for BF3. And I'm still having a blast playing that. So I'm very excited.

As usual, this computer is total **** and outdated and can't even run BF3. Hoping I can somehow obtain a better rig by release date.

Or maybe I am better off keeping low for a while, after all, when the game is released, there'll be a ton of server issues, lag, crowded servers...want to stay low and get it in a few months

Haven't played the beta since Wednesday but patches are already on the way. Here's the article with some listed but more at the link. Way to go DICE. :cool:

http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/09/30/battlefield-3-beta-patch-coming-soon/

When the beta for Battlefield 3 was publicly released yesterday, fans weren’t pleased due to the bugs and glitches.

If the bugs and glitches have been bothering you all day yesterday, DICE announced today that the beta will receive an update and will fix the most complained issue on the beta.

Below is the list of updates that you should expect when the patch hits your console.

[update] Seems the patch is now available!

* Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.

* Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.

* Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.

* Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.

* Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.

* A subtle low health screen effect has been added.

* Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.

Couple thoughts....and i know its a beta but i dont know what will be included or not....

The graphics are not as good as the demo

The levels are hard to follow...whats the point/goal? Where is everyone?

Sniping is annoying, WAY annoying. Camping too.

The whole "interactive levels" thing the trailers showcased so well seem to be pretty weak on ps3....besides trees falling, im not seeing any cool level damage

Are we ever going to get cool tools, gadgets, equipment, accessories...whatever you want to call them? Yes im a cod guy and i like killstreaks, but i find myself constantly wishing i had more ways to make an impact beyond my rifle, my handgun, and a grenade

I think i just need to learn the game and play more, but my first impression after a day is, its hard to follow, not as intuitive, not as fun, not as fast paced, and not as deep as COD. Still a cool game, just thinking im missing something and dont "get it" yet.

Couple thoughts....and i know its a beta but i dont know what will be included or not....

The whole "interactive levels" thing the trailers showcased so well seem to be pretty weak on ps3....besides trees falling, im not seeing any cool level damage

Are we ever going to get cool tools, gadgets, equipment, accessories...whatever you want to call them? Yes im a cod guy and i like killstreaks, but i find myself constantly wishing i had more ways to make an impact beyond my rifle, my handgun, and a grenade

I think i just need to learn the game and play more, but my first impression after a day is, its hard to follow, not as intuitive, not as fun, not as fast paced, and not as deep as COD. Still a cool game, just thinking im missing something and dont "get it" yet.

is3_eNchr9Y

this game will be beast. the beta is such a weak version of it and im suprised that this is "demo" that they want potential customers to see.

i was suprised at the burst fire on the machine gun i was using (1st one on medic class). it was so much better when spraying, even at a good distance.

also, ive got to get in with a couple of other good players with mics. this game could be so fun with a few people who are also good at it. i can just imagine the teamwork involved.

Just played my first game, and it was intense. It took me a minute to realize it was not 4 on 4 :ols: but once I figured out that the guys with the blue arrows were on my team I started utilizing them more as well.. there were a few wtf moments when i was shooting people and they wouldn't die but overall a few bullets would do the trick, and I love that realism. Not playing for K/D ratio is awesome too.. went 9 and 8 because apparently I suck outdoors, I beasted in the subway

BF is a totally different animal than COD, you have to give it some time. It's not the run & gun frenzied style of COD with a focus on kills/deaths, patience and team work is the key to BF.

Once you do "get it", you just may find like a lot of us that COD is childs play compared to BF.

Keep in mind the beta is very stripped down compared to what the final version is going to be.

Oh and play to your class too. Drop ammo & med packs, revive teammates, etc. every chance you get to support your team.

A very underrated part of BF is spotting. When you see an enemy hit your back button on the 360 or select on PS3 and that puts a red arrow above the enemy's head for the rest of your team to see. So even if you can't kill the guy, it alerts the rest of your team to him. You get points too if someone else kills him. Great for pointing out snipers.

A very underrated part of BF is spotting. When you see an enemy hit your back button on the 360 or select on PS3 and that puts a red arrow above the enemy's head for the rest of your team to see. So even if you can't kill the guy, it alerts the rest of your team to him. You get points too if someone else kills him. Great for pointing out snipers.

ive got a few questions, i played bc2 a little bit but not enough to know all the details.

do you have to have your sights aimed on the enemy to spot? or does he just have to be in your field of vision. i tried hitting it a few times when i saw an enemy, but im not sure whether i actually spotted the enemy or a teammate did. i did kill them though :)

also, when reviving, if you dont take out the enemy, and he kills your teammate, you, then your teammate again (after being revived), is that 3 tickets or 2 tickets?

if you pick up a downed player's pack, do you get a grenade if he still has one?

i was absolutely raping with the assault (medic) class last night. find a good spot to hunker down and shoot em up. use your health box to keep up your health and have your team spawn on you. rinse and repeat. this game comes easy to me and is super fun.

the knife in this game is so much different that COD. you have to plan out the knife attacks because the animation takes so long and leaves you vulnerable for spawning enemies.

a few times, i couldnt get my teammates to drop me ammo. so i just went with the pistol. it is suprisingly effective.

cant wait for the game. i want to destroy some tanks.

But according to these folks, youre not contributing if youre not pushing or covering them actually taking objectives. Thats whats annoying about this game so far...cant seem to make any movement on the map to actually get to objectives, esp in metro, because of all the camping and sniping.

Archived