Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

twitter: Judge Neslon will impose forced mediation on NFL/NFLPA early this week

SMOSS89

Many cases get court-ordered mediation prior to trial. It doesn't mean much, unfortunately. A mediator has no real power to forge an agreement. These two sides don't need a mediator. They need an excuse to stop acting like greedy children. It looks like this will require a ruling from a judge that benefits one side, and then is upheld on appeal. That could force one side to blink. But even that will take months.

It's quite possible, but hopefully something meaningful results from this. Something needs to get done so both sides can stop holding the fans hostage.

They are not holding me hostage.... I gave up my season tickets.... I wont be buying them back when they come to an agreement. I am done with them.. I am sure I will have an eye ear on the scoreboards if they do play football again, but for the most part I am done with them..

There is a new football league starting in may i think it is called Stars football league. I will watch some of that and I suppose I will watch some UFL games in the fall too.

Why is 'forced' mediation any different than the mediation they were doing a few weeks ago? Are they not allowed to take bathroom breaks or something? Seems like more blah blah to me..

There's no difference between the two mediation sessions in terms of substance. However, the two sides ended the first mediation session without any repercussions - other than the fact that there's still no football.

This time, the Sword of Damocles hangs over the heads of both parties. If they can't work something out this time, Judge Nelson is going to make a binding judgment in favor of one of the parties. So, theres much more pressure to come to an agreement now, because the alternative is having one forced on you.

They are not holding me hostage.... I gave up my season tickets.... I wont be buying them back when they come to an agreement. I am done with them.. I am sure I will have an eye ear on the scoreboards if they do play football again, but for the most part I am done with them..

There is a new football league starting in may i think it is called Stars football league. I will watch some of that and I suppose I will watch some UFL games in the fall too.

In no way am i trying to be an ass or anything but if this is the case why are you still spending time on a Redskins message board?

But anyway so when mediation is forced on them it will just bring them back to the table right? It's not like FA will start this week?

So why are you still visting and posting on a Redskins message board?

If you feel that the owners and players are jerking us all about and dont deserve your attention and dollars anymore thats perfectly understandable. You still being here looking at news on the NFL and posting about it suggests your still hooked though.

---------- Post added April-11th-2011 at 07:11 AM ----------

In no way am i trying to be an ass or anything but if this is the case why are you still spending time on a Redskins message board?

Great minds etc.

i was wondering how it could happen to get these two sides to sit down to talk.i wish someone had the authority to make these two to sit down to binding arbitration. where theres no walking away or out. they must do it and are bound by what ever the outcome is.selfish on my part but this whole thing should never have happened.

I hope the judge selects another place rather than DC or Minn..

Yeah. I would love it if she sent them all to Montana and dropped them in the wilderness with only a backpack and a canteen of water. "Light a signal fire when you want to get picked up, after you have reached an agreement..." THAT would be "forced mediation.

Why is 'forced' mediation any different than the mediation they were doing a few weeks ago? Are they not allowed to take bathroom breaks or something? Seems like more blah blah to me..

Well, she has a lot of power. She could seriously damage both sides. I believe Judge Doty did this back in the day, where he showed both sides his ruling, and it was pretty terrible for both, so they were more eager to come to a better agreement.

It's like my parents said, "you DON'T want me to work this out for you."

Does she need an intern or volunteer?

I would quit my job and volunteer as well.

The only way the owners will move to bargain is if they see the possibility of the loss of the exemption as viable.

Until the court hearings begin nothing will happen.

This is deja vu.

And the Judge can make both sides think that she is going to rule in such a way that both lose.

It's like my parents said, "you DON'T want me to work this out for you."

So the owners and players are fighting over a chunk of $2billion?

Here's my plan... The owners get 25%, the players get 25%, the retired players get 25%, the fans get 25%....

Attendance league wide was 17,282,225 last year (from Wikipedia), so take that into $500,000,000 and reduce prices by $29 per ticket, (STH's would either get $240 off their season tickets or a gift cert. usable anywhere at Fedex, NFL.com, or the team's store).

Anyone else happy with this?

So the owners and players are fighting over a chunk of $2billion?

Here's my plan... The owners get 25%, the players get 25%, the retired players get 25%, the fans get 25%....

Attendance league wide was 17,282,225 last year (from Wikipedia), so take that into $500,000,000 and reduce prices by $29 per ticket, (STH's would either get $240 off their season tickets or a gift cert. usable anywhere at Fedex, NFL.com, or the team's store).

Anyone else happy with this?

I give that my stamp of approval!

All she has to do is say all players are unrestricted free agents. There is no salary cap or draft. Players are free to sign with anyone they choose.

The league; however may set any limit it wants to on number of players, including 11, or number of games, including 20.

Oh by the way, if the season doesn't start on time, all NFL contracts, including those with networks, are voided.

This order becomes effective in 72 hours unless a different agreement is reached.

Archived