Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

So for my birthday this past December I got a Panasonic VT30 65-inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV and 125W per channel 7:1 sound system. Went all out and got some pretty nice gear. First let me say MW3 on the TV absolutely kills, second I can't wait to watch Skins games on this beast.

I gave up my season tickets and now cherry pick what games I go to and usually sit on the 30 or 40 yard line between rows 5 and 15. Economically speaking, this is the best thing for me. I don't lose any money on pre-season games or if need to sell tickets (try to sell them, can't sell them, or can't make a game).

Here's to the "Dave Cave"! :)

sorry if i missed something and an repeating questions but...

it's safe to say upgrades have started? based on all the parking upgrades i would think so, and I believe S&S said his location is no longer on his invoice? Are other people in the lower level seeing the same thing?

I still see mine, but i'm upper level and we're (obviously) last :(

I can see my invoice again. Came back after they locked the online account system and reopened it again. Probably reset the software. I still cannot see my seats or parking for my 2012 invoice. I can see them on my 2011 invoice.

I still doubt they are doing any upgrades yet. Just too soon and Skins have nothing to gain by doing it before all final payments are made on May 1. (last date of the payment plan).

Was looking on StubHub and came across this in the season ticket for sale section. That sure is a whole bunch of cheap Zone A clubs dropped on there all at once.

Zone A Club 302 Row 17

Qty available 5-15

$1,500.00

This has to be a Redskins ticket dump, right? Who else has an inventory of 15 Club Seats together?

This has to be a Redskins ticket dump, right? Who else has an inventory of 15 Club Seats together?

We'll probably never know for sure, but I'd say the circumstantial evidence is akin to what we know about Barry Bonds and steroids.

I've never seen a ticket dump this early in the off season. If this is in fact the TO's inventory, Zone A Clubs have now devalued to below what they cost when JKC Stadium opened in 1997. The seats were $2000 a year, per seat in 1997.

Most likely it's a ticket broker. Those guys buy hundreds of tickets a year. Wouldn't surprise me if they snatched up the tickets when they could and have been trying to sell them. I remember going to the Skins-Panthers game in Charlotte when I was in college. This one guy had about 40 tickets. He was a broker just trying to get what he could for the tickets. That's the game the bigger brokers play. He probably makes up his cost for the year selling the cowboys, eagles, and giants games. They really hit the jackpot when teams like the Packers and Steelers come to town.

I'm not saying this isn't a ticket dump by the Redskins, but it's consistent with what brokers do.

Edited by Redskin4ever

Most likely it's a ticket broker. Those guys buy hundreds of tickets a year. That's the game the bigger brokers play. He probably makes up his cost for the year selling the cowboys, eagles, and giants games. They really hit the jackpot when teams like the Packers and Steelers come to town. I'm not saying this isn't a ticket dump by the Redskins, but it's consistent with what brokers do.

But if you do the math it's not really possible for brokers to profit if they're paying cost for the tickets, especially in places that have PSLs. The big games like Dallas and Philly won't cover for the losses the investors would take on preseasons, or another December of meaningless football; which happens often in Landover.

I believe most sports teams partnered with outlets such as Stubhub so they could have an avenue to unload extra seats, or boost profits according to market demand. Many teams and event promoters have more seats than they can sell for most events these days, and that's what we're likely seeing here. IMO Stubhub is what drove the NFL (and other sports leagues) to create their own version of the Ticket Exchange through Ticketmaster. Teams which had previously partnered with Stubhub were grandfathered in. The days of ticket brokers hoarding prime GA seating have given way to the teams and promoters controlling most of the secondary markets; all while eliminating the middleman despite the perception of brokers having large inventory. Mark the Homer has proven that most of the broker listings nation wide are simply mirrored from a single large stock. A stock which IMO is controlled primarily by the teams and event promoters, not secondary market investors or STHs.

Check out Mark's thread crafted from years of research. http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?263880-Tickets-On-The-Aftermarket&p=5650407#post5650407

Edited by RFKFedEx

I can see my invoice again. Came back after they locked the online account system and reopened it again. Probably reset the software. I still cannot see my seats or parking for my 2012 invoice. I can see them on my 2011 invoice.

I still doubt they are doing any upgrades yet. Just too soon and Skins have nothing to gain by doing it before all final payments are made on May 1. (last date of the payment plan).

ah thats right, last payment for the payment plan hasn't been processed yet.

thanks for that, no point in checking until at least then :)

I would call the TO and ask. IF they did take your seats, you would be one of the first in line to choose your new seats instead of them assigning your seats and you being pissed. I would insist on knowing your new seats while on the phone. You should get your new seat assignments before they upgrade others getting a normal upgrade.

I just may do that. I would be ticked off if they took my end row seats and did not notify me. Also i'm a big guy at 6#4/220lbs and I really like the leg room of the end of the row seats (can stretch my legs out towards the steps).

Was looking on StubHub and came across this in the season ticket for sale section. That sure is a whole bunch of cheap Zone A clubs dropped on there all at once.

Zone A Club 302 Row 17

Qty available 5-15

$1,500.00

All I noticed in this post was the $1500 for section 302, and I almost fell out of my chair!:drooley:

I didn't notice the minimum quantity(5) until I went to stubhub. :silly:

I suppose most of the season ticket holders on here are getting the calls(come-ons) from the ticket office about "upgrading your seats." I've gotten three calls from the ticket office, returned one, about club level seats. The lowest quote was about $2500 per seat--for now.

Hail!

Most likely it's a ticket broker. Those guys buy hundreds of tickets a year. Wouldn't surprise me if they snatched up the tickets when they could and have been trying to sell them. I remember going to the Skins-Panthers game in Charlotte when I was in college. This one guy had about 40 tickets. He was a broker just trying to get what he could for the tickets. That's the game the bigger brokers play. He probably makes up his cost for the year selling the cowboys, eagles, and giants games. They really hit the jackpot when teams like the Packers and Steelers come to town.

I'm not saying this isn't a ticket dump by the Redskins, but it's consistent with what brokers do.

There is no way in hell this is a ticket broker.

Yea, brokers "dump" seats. But they do it the day of the game, not MONTHS in advance. Never. The whole point of being a broker is that you try to MAKE money, not lose it. No reason to do a fire sale in April, especially with "rg fever" about to hit.

It's quite obviously the skins doing it. Just like they dumped loge seats week in and out last season.

I wouldn't even consider it a 'dumping'. It's merely the state of current market demand.

If the TO can sell a group of 5 seats at $1500 per seat, they take it rather than risk a pair of seats going unsold at the $2500 per seat asking price advertised in recent years.

Vacant club seats have been price tagged at the draft party the last couple of years. If the vacancies do not have price tags on them Saturday, I will take it as a sign that contract rates can now be negotiated well below the $2500 annual rate advertised for Zone A clubs of recent vintage. And that $2500 was advertised as a "HALF PRICE! special"

Edited by RFKFedEx

All I noticed in this post was the $1500 for section 302, and I almost fell out of my chair!:drooley:

I didn't notice the minimum quantity(5) until I went to stubhub. :silly:

I suppose most of the season ticket holders on here are getting the calls(come-ons) from the ticket office about "upgrading your seats." I've gotten three calls from the ticket office, returned one, about club level seats. The lowest quote was about $2500 per seat--for now.

Hail!

Ha - I had the same reaction. The minimum quantity got me as well!

I just got a 'thank you for paying, upgrades will be processed shortly' email.

however i had a certain block that contained this:

Your account is eligible for an upgrade, including a move to the Lower Level; however, quantities are limited and assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you are interested in improving your seats, please contact the Redskins Ticket Office immediately....

Called, and I got a "TBD" section in the lower level endzone. Said upgrades should be processed in May and we should receive specific seats then. But he also said Tickets will arrive in July and they never show up before August so maybe he's a month on the optimistic side.

yay!

Edited by tshile

Called, and I got a "TBD" section in the lower level endzone. Said upgrades should be processed in May and we should receive specific seats then.

So now we're seeing lower level promises in April with seating assignments in May. This is definitely the earliest in the offseason I've seen relo to the LL.

Edited by RFKFedEx

I just got a 'thank you for paying, upgrades will be processed shortly' email.

I just got the same e-mail. While it's nice to be notified, it seems like they are going to generate a lot of needless calls to the TO the way the e-mail is worded. Even though it says no action is required if you've already made your upgrade preference election, I imagine a lot of people will call anyway.

Well, I was in the upper level of the upper bowl. It tells you specifically that if you're in that section you can only be upgraded to rows 1-16 in the upper level. So I had to call to get the lower level. I followed the instructions in fear of being skipped for now following instructions lol

With the draft coming up I finally paid off my first ever set of season tickets. I keep hearing and reading that the exact seat location is an unknown until upgrades are done. When I called today I was told that by paying today I would be considered for an upgrade as well. Does this sound correct or was the staff person perhaps misinformed?

upgrades are done by seniority for those who paid on time.

assuming you paid on time, since you're a new account holder i imagine they'll plug you into the best seats available. i imagine it wouldn't be endzone since those sections in the upper level are significantly smaller than they used to be.

but yes, you wont know what your seats are until they upgrade everyone else then assign new accounts their seats. at least thats my understanding.

Well, I was in the upper level of the upper bowl. It tells you specifically that if you're in that section you can only be upgraded to rows 1-16 in the upper level. So I had to call to get the lower level. I followed the instructions in fear of being skipped for now following instructions lol

So let me get this straight. You are in the upper level of the upper level; and you just got an upgrade to the lower level?! So do you attribute this upgrade to:

1. Your incredible skill and savoir-faire with the ticket office

2. Pure luck(or PFM--military acronymn) :ols:

3. Ticket office shenanigans

4. Ticket market forces

Hail!

I attribute it to two things:

1 - people not renewing their tickets in the lower bowl

2 - having an account that has been with the redskins since 1965. If you pay on time upgrades are done by seniority... they sent out a batch of emails to people saying there were lower level seats available. i imagine they went to the some x number of oldest accounts still in the upper level.

I didn't do anything. I got an email and followed the instructions.

BTW they called me 3 times between January and March trying to get me to sign a 3 year contract for club level seats in exchange for being promised to be moved into the lower level automatically when it was up.

They also offered to move me into the lower level last year, although some have suggested that was primarily due to me being one of the people who's seats were removed last offseason. Who knows. Unfortunately I was taking on a new job with a start up company and couldn't justify the risk of the price increase when I was already rolling the dice on helping start a new company. Now things are more settled.

Edited by tshile

I attribute it to two things:

1 - people not renewing their tickets in the lower bowl

2 - having an account that has been with the redskins since 1965. If you pay on time upgrades are done by seniority... they sent out a batch of emails to people saying there were lower level seats available. i imagine they went to the some x number of oldest accounts still in the upper level.

I didn't do anything. I got an email and followed the instructions.

BTW they called me 3 times between January and March trying to get me to sign a 3 year contract for club level seats in exchange for being promised to be moved into the lower level automatically when it was up.

They also offered to move me into the lower level last year, although some have suggested that was primarily due to me being one of the people who's seats were removed last offseason. Who knows. Unfortunately I was taking on a new job with a start up company and couldn't justify the risk of the price increase when I was already rolling the dice on helping start a new company. Now things are more settled.

Thanks! I also forgot to say "Congratulations"!(or Merry Griffmas!)

"Griffmas" was borrowed from another thread title in the Stadium.:)

Welcome to the lower-level.

Thanks! i'm excited... hopefully i'll be out of the endzone soon and moving down the sideline. I've always had reservations about going from upper level sideline to lower level endzone. we have 3 tickets, i'm hoping that allows us to fit into holes others can't.

I also look forward to getting home quicker. From the upper level it was an hour and a half from the time we started heading down the ramp. I'm hopping to shave it down to an hour since it should mean beating some traffic out of the lots.

Thanks! i'm excited... hopefully i'll be out of the endzone soon and moving down the sideline. I've always had reservations about going from upper level sideline to lower level endzone. we have 3 tickets, i'm hoping that allows us to fit into holes others can't.

I also look forward to getting home quicker. From the upper level it was an hour and a half from the time we started heading down the ramp. I'm hopping to shave it down to an hour since it should mean beating some traffic out of the lots.

Congrats--FWIW (to others), I recieved the same e-mail, and I also have 3 seats, so that may have something to do with it. I had indicated on my preferences NOT to change my seats (which are in 427 row 3, and I wouldn't trade for lowers unless they were between the 20s, because I actually really like the view from these seats). I called the TO and confirmed that they would be putting me in the endzone if I decided to upgrade, so I said no thanks. But I do of course realize that every year I don't move downstairs means that it would be that much harder to get to the sidelines, but with the cost difference, i'm fine staying where I am. I just found it odd that they go to the trouble of having you indicate a preference, only to follow-up with e-mails like this. Why not just follow people's stated choices and let the chips fall where they may (unless so few renewals mean that they are going to have a tough time filling the lower bowl, which I find hard to imagine, but anythings possible I suppose). I still really like the auto-upgrade program and think things seem way better/more fair than the wild-west days of the mid-2000s (when getting upgraded depended almost entirely on calling the TO until you talked to someone who would help you out), but this is still kinda odd....