Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

So am I.

The nats have a good program. I mean look at this - http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/ticketing/sth/benefits_chart.jsp

That's how you treat your season ticket holders.

A lot of that is gimmicky stuff, but some of it is absolutely awesome. Dedicated park entrance and 'skip the line' style lines at concession stands is awesome.

I'm easy to please, it wouldn't take much to make me happy on this one.

No offense but the nationals average 30,000 (rounded) a game vs (70-80,000?)

Not sure what the number is for Nationals season ticket holders is.

I wouldn't care about a Nationals dedicated park entrance because when I go to the Nationals I literally have always walked right in.

You can't compare the two, it's silly.

Now that the April 1 deadline to grab your season tickets has passed, many will turn their attention to the seat upgrade program. Last year the Redskins sent an email on May 7th advising of my upgrade window (which opened a couple weeks later), so I'm not expecting much news for another month. If anyone hears anything sooner, please share. 

So am I.

The nats have a good program. I mean look at this - http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/ticketing/sth/benefits_chart.jsp

That's how you treat your season ticket holders.

A lot of that is gimmicky stuff, but some of it is absolutely awesome. Dedicated park entrance and 'skip the line' style lines at concession stands is awesome.

I'm easy to please, it wouldn't take much to make me happy on this one.

Dedicated park entrance and "skip the line" stuff will not work in FedEx Field. EVERY ticket holder has a season ticket whether GA or premium. There are no single tickets or walk-ups. Those two perks simply would not work for the Redskins.

Got a call from the ticket office Said would I be interested in returning as a season ticket holder for next season said had some great lower level seats available along with free parking and a free jersey. Thought it was interesting that he mentioned free parking I had not heard of them offering that before.

Free parking is another milestone in the long decline of ticket demand. The lower bowl offers to 'get you back aboard' are interesting considering the team's website says the lower and upper levels are "sold out" and the waiting list remains. I'm glad to see the team has chilled out on advertising the waiting list.

My buddy dropped his upper levels last season. 

Got a call for an offer in 118 or 125, free green parking. 

That's nuts.   $400.00 savings right there.   Is there a catch?  Do you have to buy 4 tickets?   Agree to buy them for a couple of seasons?    Are they regular greens, or B3?

That's nuts.   $400.00 savings right there.   Is there a catch?  Do you have to buy 4 tickets?   Agree to buy them for a couple of seasons?    Are they regular greens, or B3?

2 tickets. No catch or contract involved. Regular green pass and also offered a free jersey.

Is this part of the promised new fan loyalty program? Fans who dumped their tickets one - two years ago are offered better seats than current season ticket holders - before they have a chance to upgrade - and get free Green parking to boot.

Nice!

It would be great to get confirmation whether these offers are true.  As someone who re-upped again this year and paid full price for parking, I would be really disappointed in the Front Office if they were giving away free parking with better lower level seats to new ticket holders before letting the existing ticket holders upgrade. 

• Like 1

This is true.   I just called to ask.   The sales representative was obviously a bit standoff-ish but nice enough. 

I told her I'd "heard from a friend" that they were offering lower bowl tickets to new season ticket holders / people off the waiting list.   She said that was not true and that anyone off the wait list goes to the upper bowl.  

When I pushed back, she said they had a "special campaign" to former season ticket holders to bring them back.   In this campaign, they are offering lower bowl and free parking to former season ticket holders.  

I complained that I was planning on upgrading and that it's unfair for these people to be taking the seats I was hoping to upgrade to, not to mention the free parking.   She said they are only offering "select" seats in this campaign and that there will be other seats available in the upgrade process.    

She really didn't have any satisfactory answers obviously.  

Yeah, there are select seats alright. The best available. If you're offering free parking in this campaign, why skimp on the seat location? The answer is: you don't. You offer the best available with the ultimate goal of bringing in cash. There is no money in moving current ticket holders to better seats (besides any ticket price increase for changing zones, but that is a moot point).

The "other seats" in the upgrade process will be whatever is left after the campaign. 

Furthermore, after this "special campaign", current season ticket holders will be given an opportunity to add seats to their account. When that is done, the upgrade process will go under way with whatever seats are left. 

Unfortunately for those that bought parking, the front office made sure that you were paid in full or committed to the payment plan before coming out with the free parking promo... Not sure who would renew knowing that free parking will be given out to "new" season ticket holders.

Either way, this all could be a great point to be brought up at the Fan Forum tomorrow evening in respect to "What we pay (or don't pay) for the fan experience at FedEx".

• Like 2

I will be calling the ticket office to complain about this today. I will also bring this up at the Fan Forum.

So I just called the ticket office. Spoke to a Rep named Jared, very Rude. Completely denied the offers. Even after pressing about it. 

Does anyone have it in writing that I can bring with me to the fan forum.    

Edited by just654

This is true.   I just called to ask.   The sales representative was obviously a bit standoff-ish but nice enough. 

I told her I'd "heard from a friend" that they were offering lower bowl tickets to new season ticket holders / people off the waiting list.   She said that was not true and that anyone off the wait list goes to the upper bowl.  

When I pushed back, she said they had a "special campaign" to former season ticket holders to bring them back.   In this campaign, they are offering lower bowl and free parking to former season ticket holders.  

I complained that I was planning on upgrading and that it's unfair for these people to be taking the seats I was hoping to upgrade to, not to mention the free parking.   She said they are only offering "select" seats in this campaign and that there will be other seats available in the upgrade process.    

She really didn't have any satisfactory answers obviously.  

Thanks for the update.  Disappointing, but once again, not surprising unfortunately.