Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Made it official today, called the ticket office and I am no longer a season ticket holder. Will always be a die hard fan but can't justify paying full price just to sit in a specific seat anymore. Too many cheaper options to get tickets when I can actually make it to a game these days....

Made it official today, called the ticket office and I am no longer a season ticket holder. Will always be a die hard fan but can't justify paying full price just to sit in a specific seat anymore. Too many cheaper options to get tickets when I can actually make it to a game these days....

How hard did the ticket office try and talk you out of leaving?

How hard did the ticket office try and talk you out of leaving?

Actually not at all which surprised me. I was ready for the hard sell to keep them but they took care of fast. My tickets were right on the 50 so I assume they knew someone else would take them easily...

I'll play the survey:

Shaking lower bowl seats like RFK?  Don't really care.  Dan, just stop with the childhood nostalgia.

Should the lower bowl have more seats than FedEx?  I think the lower bowl in general should have the highest percentage of seats in the stadium.  Isn't that what they've aimed for at Levis Stadium?  I also think we may be heading to a point where there's only so high a fan is going to want to sit, particularly with the better TV options that are only going to get better as time goes on. However, don't put any obstructed view lower seats in, and please, NO DREAM SEATS!

Stadium smaller or large than FedEx?  Smaller

View the field from the concourses? Absolutely!  Think Nats Park.

Indoor climate contolled concourses?  Sure!

Open air stadium?  Yep

Public transportation? Please locate near a metro.

Dedicated tailgating lots?  Would like this, so that those who don't tailgate don't have to circle around a lot with people who are taking up multiple spots with their stuff.

In-seat waiter service? Don't really care for it.  They do seem to get your food to you pretty quickly, but don't like the workers who stand in front of others trying to watch the game while taking orders.

Full service sit-down restaurant?  Probably would at least be nice to have for premium level patrons, if not for everyone.  The Hooters on the club level is sad.

Additional food options at stadium? The more the merrier.

They are really tearing up the Dolphins stadium (close to 30 years old), including replacing every seat.  Look at what they are trying to get some folks to pony up for:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=644927&page=26

Right they were temporary seats.

They rocked because they were temporary seats and the people in them were jumping up and down a lot.

Not because the owner went through the process of installing gimmicky seats to appeal to nostalgia of an era because the current product on the field sucks.

The seats that bounce are still there. They are on a track so they could be moved for the baseball configuration. The temporary stands where the risers in the end zones. They are gone due to the Nationals. The north stand was scraped because the cost to take them down and rebuild them was around 40 grand each time, IIRC. And since the Nats weren't paying rent...

I get your point about building new bouncy seats as gimmick. But you wrote that they bounced because of the atmosphere and the team being good. That isn't correct. The seats bounced because they are built on springs. Wouldn't fans at FedEx jump up and down to bounce the stands if they were able too? I bet the stands would've bounced tremendously during the 2012 run. With the amount of drinking at games I bet the stands would bounce no matter what was happening on the field. Drunk people are silly.

I think that new bouncy stands would be unnecessary unless the new stadium was designed for multi-use and needed to reconfigure its seating. I don't know why Snyder would go to the trouble and expense for nostalgia's sake.

New stadium = PSL (no way Danny would leave this untapped stream of $$$ unopened)

New stadium = no more of my $36 obstructed view seats which means I'd no longer be able to afford keeping up my season tickets

So those are 2 negatives of a new stadium (as it relates to me) but I think a new one in the city would do wonders. FedExField was put up in record time and it showed. To Danny's credit - he drastically upgraded the facility (except the terrible field) to make it some-what respectable. Remember when there were no escelators to the upper level?

Now what they are doing to the Dolphin's stadium w/ the "living room" seats is pretty amazing. I wish our "party decks" were similar to those in Jacksonville. Ours are embarassing - there's no "party" - you basically are standing behind a railing. Our weather couldn't support a pool - but come on - do something fun up there!

So I called the ticket office to find out about payment plans. Same as last year 4months.

I also called to find out if they are starting a season ticket incentive program. The ticket office said that there is going to be a season ticket loyalty program. They said to read the 1st paragraph of the paper invoice we will get in the mail with in the next week. She could not say anymore than that.  

I hope it is more than just free NFL game rewind, and 20% off the store on Non-game days

Some other questions I found interesting:

Do you want to be able to see the entire field from the concourse.

Sounds interesting, curious how they design it in such a way.

Do you want a climate controlled concourse - I chose No Opinion.

The Superdome has something similar where you can see most of the field from the lower concourse. This picture gives you an idea, but I don't have a better image available. It's a great effect and makes you feel more connected to the action from the minute you walk inside.

image.jpg?n=9269006

Remember for the first few years FedExField was open - there were "endzone bars" that were open to see the field. Then Danny put in seats (at one point the Redskins Band sat there) so you could no longer see the field.

I really liked the endzone bar areas. I though it was a nice feature to be able to see the field & gave the stadium a nice open feel. Shame.

no price increase for my lower level tickets.

due april 1st.

still haven't decided what i'm doing. i assume i'll renew, but i haven't decided.

the offseason stuff doesn't sway me either way.

real problem is we have a kid on the way, and i'm not quite sure i want to dedicate one day a weekend to this **** show of a franchise.

I know what you mean. We were going to give ours up, unless we could find someone to split them with.

As you know, we have great seats and, if we give them up, we'll never get seats this good again.

That being said, we still decided to give them up but, we ended up keeping them, because a friend of hours is splitting them with us....$1,400.00 is still a bitter pill to swallow, but it's not too obnoxious, (for us)

Just got off phone with ticket office and the AAA fanzone has been dropped with the program being moved to the club level for dream seat and club level holders. They are letting the tailgate club holders keep their seats as general admission, but of course you can upgrade to dream or club to stay part of the pregame festivities.  Also dropped a pair of seats in sec 137 and they did not try anything to talk me into keeping them

Just got off phone with ticket office and the AAA fanzone has been dropped with the program being moved to the club level for dream seat and club level holders. They are letting the tailgate club holders keep their seats as general admission, but of course you can upgrade to dream or club to stay part of the pregame festivities.  Also dropped a pair of seats in sec 137 and they did not try anything to talk me into keeping them

They mentioned in the letter that didn't mention RGIII that the club level standing room only sections were being removed to "improve" fan flow and reduce crowding in the club.

Isn't this great news for those who purchased these seats with a vig. just to get better seats? Many people didn't do it for the amenities you get for a ridiculous price, rather they did it as a way to buy themselves lower level seats at a huge premium. I was wondering if they were going to allow you to keep them or if they were going to find a way to finagle you out of them. Glad that should work out for AAA Fan Zone members!

I think it would be interesting to experiment with closing the upper deck for a low demand game like Miami, Buf, StL, or Tampa. I'm not saying this is at all at all feasible, obviously STs have already been sold for the upper deck. If only there was way to relocate the 400 level patrons (who show up) to the lower and club levels on game day, it would be cool. The sense of intimacy in the seating bowl would improve, though the concourses would be jammed. The 400 level crowds have been thin enough in recent Decembers to make it happen. 

They mentioned in the letter that didn't mention RGIII that the club level standing room only sections were being removed to "improve" fan flow and reduce crowding in the club.

Club seat season ticket holders still in their contracts raised hell after the "relocation passes" store went viral I bet....

Club seat season ticket holders still in their contracts raised hell after the "relocation passes" story went viral I bet....

In response to last years hell raising, the TO has rewarded premium patrons with even MORE steerage in the club level this year.   :lol:

I think it would be interesting to experiment with closing the upper deck for a low demand game like Miami, Buf, StL, or Tampa. I'm not saying this is at all at all feasible, obviously STs have already been sold for the upper deck. If only there was way to relocate the 400 level patrons (who show up) to the lower and club levels on game day, it would be cool. The sense of intimacy in the seating bowl would improve, though the concourses would be jammed. The 400 level crowds have been thin enough in recent Decembers to make it happen. 

My understanding is that you can't close off sections on a per game basis. If you're going to close down a section you have to do it for the whole year. If you don't, then those seats count towards the blackout rules. So in order to avoid a black out they'd have to sell those seats, then to close it off no one would be able to sit there. It just doesn't make sense.

Of course... the black out rules and the questions regarding the Redskins "sell out streak" may suggest it's entirely doable... :)

If they really care about crowding and flow they should remove the obstructed view seats that the stadium was not designed to handle.

Add the dream seats to that list.

• Like 1

I sat in the cave for three years of Gibbs 2.0, and didn't notice anything too annoying getting in or out. What's the issue?

I would think the folks who sat in the LL on the visitors side before the over 8K seats were added would notice longer lines at concessions and restrooms with that many folks added to the mix.

Great!  I hope they open up that side of the stadium.  That used to be my favorite gate to enter - Gate C.  Just walk right in.  Never a line.

Of course, that was fifteen years ago... but still...

As far as renewing... my daughter, DLSF, has already said she's not interested, which means 2015 marks the first season MTH is not a season ticket holder - for the first time since 1997. 

That is, unless somebody wants my OVs. 

I won't hold my breath.

I would think the folks who sat in the LL on the visitors side before the over 8K seats were added would notice longer lines at concessions and restrooms with that many folks added to the mix.

My family has seats in section 124 and the lines for the concessions and bathrooms are horrible.  I have seats in the upper deck and the difference in the lines is VERY noticeable (like night and day).

The people in the dream seats stand up which makes everybody behind them stand up as well...this totally defeats the purpose of having the first row of the lower  bowl 6-7 feet above the playing field....feels like sitting in the lower bowl sidelines of RFK (IE you are standing a LOT during the game). 

For the two reasons listed above, I don't feel much like paying $130 to stand all game and not be able to go to the bathroom w/o missing 10 mins of game time.

I found someone to split my seats, so we're roped in for at least one more year ;)

The two guys I share tickets with are in as well, so "I'LL BE BACK........" 

They both responded to my email within one hour of me asking.....talk about your die hards........I was surprised that they committed so quickly.

One guy has been getting a pair from me for over 10 years and I have been splitting a pair with the other guy for the last 3-4 years.