Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

I remember when the redskins used to give out christmass tree ornaments the game before/after christmas every year. i have a bunch of them on my tree.

when's the last time the team gave the ticket holders anything other than a stupid kitchen towel to rip off another team's 'thing'?

almost all of the problems relating to this organization are easily fixable. snyder's just too stupid to see it.

Had 2 of them on my tree this year as well.

There used to be good giveaways at least a few games a season. I remember loving going to Opening Day as kid to get the schedule magnets.

Now, we get some random sign that has advertising all over it and a small Redskins logo.

Have today's events (Haslett firing, Allen presser) swayed STH's who are on the fence about renewing, one way or the other?

Hard to see how the team will sell hope this offseason without sweeping changes to the front office (or a big splash in free agency).

Have today's events (Haslett firing, Allen presser) swayed STH's who are on the fence about renewing, one way or the other?

Hard to see how the team will sell hope this offseason without sweeping changes to the front office (or a big splash in free agency).

Not for me. It's about Snyder and the way he does business. Switch the parts, but the failure will remain.

Had 2 of them on my tree this year as well.

There used to be good giveaways at least a few games a season. I remember loving going to Opening Day as kid to get the schedule magnets.

Now, we get some random sign that has advertising all over it and a small Redskins logo.

I remember the seat cushions and the magnets :)

I was too young to remember getting them, but they were around the house and i still have the seat cushions... i can't bring them to games anymore because they're not allowed...

it's really amazing how much it's changed.

well tickets are due sometime early/mid march. so this, and whoever they hire at dc, are about all that's going to happen before most people make up their mind. they'll call those that don't renew in august and try to convince them to renew, i'm sure they'll get a few. but he vast majority have already made their mind up, only have a DC hire announcement to really wait for, or... like me... are just kind of waiting.

nothing i saw today swayed me in either direction.

I remember when the redskins used to give out christmass tree ornaments the game before/after christmas every year. i have a bunch of them on my tree.

when's the last time the team gave the ticket holders anything other than a stupid kitchen towel to rip off another team's 'thing'?

almost all of the problems relating to this organization are easily fixable. snyder's just too stupid to see it.

The SWAG (Stuff We All Get) is now handed out at the AAA Tailgate club.  Some of it is good and some is crap.  I miss the magnets as well.  I think they handed out DVDs for the 70th Anniversary (which was more than 10 years ago), but it has been pretty meager ever since Danny bought the team.

I've had tickets off and on (bought some, now have had my own for three years) and remember getting a Bank of America checkbook holder, a flag on the 9/11/06 game, the Sean Taylor 21 towel, and the 75th anniversary DVD.

The DVD was okay, and the towel I'll have forever.  Other than that, it's just ****.  How can baseball/hockey/basketball teams afford bobble heads and stuff while making a third of what the Redskins make, but I can't even get a beer post-World Cup?

I'm not renewing my tickets.  I live in Delaware and it takes too long to get there to be disappointed.  This week's presser galvanized that point of view.

This team isn't getting a cent out of me until living in the Philly area as a Redskins fan isn't just humiliating for more than a year straight.

• Like 1

I gave up my seats a long time ago, for both game day experience and financial reasons, but even if I hit the lottery for 500 million (take home) I would still continue to buy via third party. Not buying anymore jerseys. Not buying anything else Redskins for a very long time (and this is coming from a guy with 50,000+ team cards)

Edited by RedBeast

I am unsure of what my status is going to be.....

I own 4 seats in section 125, and I wont lie... I LOVE them... it took me a while to get down that low, and this was the 1st year I split them with family member... so it wasnt that big of a hit to take on 2 tickets instead of 4.....

With the ticket prices taking serious hits throughout the season i.e. (sister and bil got dream seats for 90 a piece) I am highly debating on not renewing my tickets and spending the money elsewhere........

Rumors of AJ Smith taking on a greater role and Raheem getting the DC job only reinforce that Danny will not make the moves necessary to rebuild the franchise. He would rather surround himself with people that won't tell him and his coaches that they have no ****ing idea what they're doing. Makes the decision not to renew an easy one.

I had season tickets for 7 years and gave them up a few years ago, mainly for financial reasons but also because I was tired of the games that the ticket office was playing with me (I won't go into details).  I saw the light when someone on here said that he was giving up his tickets and would invest that money in a large flat screen TV instead because of what the stadium game day experience had become.  I decided to do the same thing, and I have not once regretted it for a moment.  

Trust me, things have only gotten much worse since then and if I still had my seats then I would be gone for next season without a doubt. The only message from the fans that Snyder will listen to is one that causes his team to bleed cash and loose revenue.  

If anyone is on the fence, just remember that the "waiting list" for tickets is a farce and getting back in should not be hard.  Although I don't see any reason to be optimistic that you will want to once you see how that money can be put to much better uses.  

I had season tickets for 7 years and gave them up a few years ago, mainly for financial reasons but also because I was tired of the games that the ticket office was playing with me (I won't go into details).  I saw the light when someone on here said that he was giving up his tickets and would invest that money in a large flat screen TV instead because of what the stadium game day experience had become.  I decided to do the same thing, and I have not once regretted it for a moment.  

Trust me, things have only gotten much worse since then and if I still had my seats then I would be gone for next season without a doubt. The only message from the fans that Snyder will listen to is one that causes his team to bleed cash and loose revenue.  

If anyone is on the fence, just remember that the "waiting list" for tickets is a farce and getting back in should not be hard.  Although I don't see any reason to be optimistic that you will want to once you see how that money can be put to much better uses.  

Ramsey:

I remember seeing that exact post, and I already have that.. 70" plasma, 7.2 Surround.... it cranks when I want it too.....

I just love seeing my sons smile ear to ear at the games. He is only 8 but really enjoys the games, and so do I. 

I dont know how long it would take for me to get back to lower level sidelines.... thats the one big determining factor I have with giving them up......

Edited by chess

...not sure if this is new or not, but it looks like they upgraded the interactive map for the stadium.  You now can get not only the view from the section but from a selection of rows in the section.  You can also see the price points for each section as well.

http://redskins.io-media.com/#

It is now possible to get a "real view" of what the view is like from the seats in the cave (though you can't pick the exact seat number)

Section 226 row 23:

http://redskins.io-media.com/#vr/Section/226/23/13/d

The deck chairs on the Titanic have officially been re-arranged!

Yup, exactly.  Even with this, I'm out.  No "champions of the offseason" Snyder-style moves are going to make a fool out of me again.  Fool me once, shame on you.   Fool me twice, shame on me.   Fool me three times, shame on Snyder.

My reaction to the GM hiring was skepticism and doubt that he'd be given the authority to make any real changes.  Hope I'm wrong, because it'll make for better games for me to watch from my living room, but I'm done putting my $$$ on the line as a ST holder as we wait to find out.

Yup, exactly.  Even with this, I'm out.  No "champions of the offseason" Snyder-style moves are going to make a fool out of me again.  Fool me once, shame on you.   Fool me twice, shame on me.   Fool me three times, shame on Snyder.

That's my reaction too. I still believe that the atmosphere Snyder creates around himself and his ventures will somehow doom what on the surface seems like a great move.

• Like 1

After the new GM announcement, yet another post season victory, the premium club has now announced that there is a seven year wait list for club/premium seats!!

I like the hire but it will be a few years before we see if it worked. I agree with Fedex Nosebleed. No more fooling here. Now it's about results, nothing more will suffice. In the meantime, I will await the propaganda regarding the newly formed wait list for premium seats as a result of yet another off season championship! Yep.

P.S. I heard Harvest Fest was a huge OFF SEASON success. Give me a call after a few CONSECUTIVE regular season successful seasons. Until then, no more of my $ will be given to you. Not a dime.

This is my dilemma.  I sit in 142 row 8 and they are absolutely in one of the best places to sit.  I renew only because I know that If I don't, I will never get seats that great again (that are mine).

It's funny that now that I am giving up my tickets, I find someone on this message board who has sat two rows in front of me for all these years.  I have been in 142, row 10 for years.    

After the new GM announcement, yet another post season victory, the premium club has now announced that there is a seven year wait list for club/premium seats!!

I like the hire but it will be a few years before we see if it worked. I agree with Fedex Nosebleed. No more fooling here. Now it's about results, nothing more will suffice. In the meantime, I will await the propaganda regarding the newly formed wait list for premium seats as a result of yet another off season championship! Yep.

P.S. I heard Harvest Fest was a huge OFF SEASON success. Give me a call after a few CONSECUTIVE regular season successful seasons. Until then, no more of my $ will be given to you. Not a dime.

Not sure where you heard that, but I spoke with a club ticket rep last week and was offered tickets. No talk of a "wait list" of any kind.

Not sure where you heard that, but I spoke with a club ticket rep last week and was offered tickets. No talk of a "wait list" of any kind.

I would be amazed if premium seats (club, dream seats, and Touchdown Club) sold out next year.  I will have to see it to believe.  Even the first year that FedEx was open, there were a ton of empty seats on the club level in the corners.

With the recent GM hire, I am more inclined to renew, but need to check with my ticket partners.

That was a complete joke. I was simply saying that the Redskins are gonna hype this way out of proportion and just go back to trying to BS the fans and business as usual. My entire post was just being sarcastic, sorry.