Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

I also received the email stating my seat assignment for this year, so that must mean the lower level upgrades are complete. I'm in 106 and got no upgrade, which is what I thought. I know people on the visitors side (corners) who got upgrades, so I do believe the visitors side makes a difference.

Think you are accurate with that....I have requested to get seats on the home side but keep getting told that it is pretty difficult to find seats there. I am hopeful that, with the advent of new players like RGIII....maybe there will be more Redskin fans throughout the stadium which will leave less seats for opposition fans. Especially Cowboy and Eagle fans............

A request: when you post your upgrade please put from, to, years as an STH and any extras (got club seats to get there). Thanks from a 7 year STH apparently too stubborn to go LL. Asked for closer to 50 or lower rows. Currently sec 453.

To: Sec. 235, Row 2, aisle (home corner)

Seniority: 3rd year with tickets; joined waitlist about 12-15 years ago.

Notes: requested seats in 200-section closer to Redskins sideline; requested aisle seats above row 4. Wanted to be under overhang, but I'm not complaining about row 2!

I also received the email stating my seat assignment for this year, so that must mean the lower level upgrades are complete. I'm in 106 and got no upgrade, which is what I thought. I know people on the visitors side (corners) who got upgrades, so I do believe the visitors side makes a difference.

if you got no upgrade why did you get an email with your seat assignment? I'm also in sect 106 and have heard nothing

Has anyone ever sat in 217 Row 8? I'm a third year season ticket holder and went from 426 Row 12 last year. I read in the fedex field guide (which is amazing) that 217 Row 8 has a railing in front but there aren't any pictures or other info that i can find.

I'm super pumped to be that far to the sideline already and i think the 200 level is best in the stadium but would be a little bummed if my sightline has a rail in it.

I dont know if this is true first.... They are still doing UL to LL.... .I still have my seats as last year and the TO told me on Monday that they hadnt gotten to my section... I would be find staying where I am except I have 3 seats in 17,18,19 and then row behind me i have 18...

When I got LL thats all they had was a T of seats so I want all 4 this year together which I think is a simple request, with all the people moving from UL to LL...

Who knows I could be wrong...

How does the TO do UL to LL upgrades BEFORE LL upgrades? Maybe I misunderstood what you're saying...

I emailed about the UL upgrades on Monday... nothing back yet. Just for those keeping score for the boys up top.

i would call if you're really interested. i've never received a response via email, but always had luck with the phone

if you got no upgrade why did you get an email with your seat assignment? I'm also in sect 106 and have heard nothing

probably because he asked for an upgrade. so they send him an email letting him know to check his assignment as it's been done.

Think you are accurate with that....I have requested to get seats on the home side but keep getting told that it is pretty difficult to find seats there. I am hopeful that, with the advent of new players like RGIII....maybe there will be more Redskin fans throughout the stadium which will leave less seats for opposition fans. Especially Cowboy and Eagle fans............

i hope you're right. i opted not to ask fro home side, and am on the visitors side now.

we'll take back the stadium when the team is worth going to games to watch again. hopefully that starts this year.

i would call if you're really interested. i've never received a response via email, but always had luck with the phone

Everytime I call they try to upgrade me to the LL and I don't have the cheddar right now, plus I am moving during the season, so it's hard enough to justify to the wifey for me to keep the tickets I have until we move back. I've been pretty successful with emails until this experience. I'll probably just wait it out. Thanks, though.

Just to clarify… you received an e-mail saying you are not getting upgraded?

How does the TO do UL to LL upgrades BEFORE LL upgrades? Maybe I misunderstood what you're saying...

No you are right in what you read..... They move people from UL to LL before LL its obvious.... I have several friends that have gotten moved from UL to LL.....Makes 0 sense to me at all.....

I havent called back yet to find out about anything.......

Like I said I only requested my 4 to be together which to me is an easy request.....

Seems like the LL upgrade train is stalling at the goal lines for most people. Yet lots of people from the 400s are landing in the endzones. The sidelines are still holding strong in demand and vacancy rates are probably low as usual.

There is no ryhme or reason to the ticket office actions.

I had 2 seats in Sect 139 and called several years ago to add 2 more after receiving an email solicitation. They tried to move me from Redskins sideline seats to corners on the visitors side. When I called to complain about the new assignment I ended up speaking to Jason Friedman, VP of Sales, and within minutes I was put back on the Redskins side in the corners with the assurance that with upgrades I would be able to get back to a comparable section as 139. I was reluctant to do it but I was willing to move back a couple of sections to get the 4 together. Last year I dropped 2 seats since I wasn't given an upgrade after several years. This year I got an email again with an offer to add seats so I added the 2 seats back that I had dropped and paid in full on the spot and was told that I would be eligible for an upgrade.

Fast forward to today and I receive a call from the Premium Dept offering me 33% off of Club Level and if I signed a 2 year contract I could move back down to Sect 101-105 after 2 years. I said that I wasnt interested in that but would like to find out why I have never been upgraded when almost every person around me was upgraded last year to the next section over and I was told that upgrades would be available when I "downgraded" my seats. I was transferred to GA sales and asked just that question. I was asked if I paid on time (full payment was made online in January before invoice was even mailed) and the agent told me that he saw my point and would talk to a supervisor. He came back on the phone and said that because I have 4 seats that those seats "just don't open up and it's based on seniority" yet I wasn't upgraded either when I had 2. I have had the account in my name for 12 years and another account in my family's name for over 50 years.

So those seats "just don't open up" unless I shell out 2 years of Club Level money. I'm ready to start buying tix in the secondary market since the ticket office can't seem to offer me an upgrade even though I am one of the first to pay every year and was told that I could get back to my original seats thru upgrades.

Edited by RememberOsaka

Makes sense that they keep the LL sidelines (inside the 20 ydlns) as bait for people to buy short term club deals. When the club deals are fulfilled they probably put you as close to the goal lines as they can get you while still being classified as sideline seats.

Osaka, what was the 33% off number they gave you? You may not have cared to ask, but I'm just curious for data collection.

No you are right in what you read..... They move people from UL to LL before LL its obvious.... I have several friends that have gotten moved from UL to LL.....Makes 0 sense to me at all.....

I havent called back yet to find out about anything.......

Like I said I only requested my 4 to be together which to me is an easy request.....

Insane. I have no beef with the TO - they've been nothing but nice to me - but this just seems backwards. What seats are these UL upgrades moving to if none of the LL seats have been moved? The only thing I can guess is that folks that haven't renewed.

Keep us posted, if you don't mind. I think I'm going to call the TO (again) and ask when the LL upgrade process will be done.

Makes sense that they keep the LL sidelines (inside the 20 ydlns) as bait for people to buy short term club deals. When the club deals are fulfilled they probably put you as close to the goal lines as they can get you while still being classified as sideline seats.

Osaka, what was the 33% off number they gave you? You may not have cared to ask, but I'm just curious for data collection.

Starting at $2390 for the Clubs.....so over 2x the GA price for LL. Whatever. Secondary market for all 4 seats next year without worthless preseason.

Insane. I have no beef with the TO - they've been nothing but nice to me - but this just seems backwards. What seats are these UL upgrades moving to if none of the LL seats have been moved? The only thing I can guess is that folks that haven't renewed.

Keep us posted, if you don't mind. I think I'm going to call the TO (again) and ask when the LL upgrade process will be done.

One of my friends is now in Section 127, I sit in 130......

You should call and see what they say....

I just looked ant no progress on my seats....

Many of us on the LL have been upgraded already. People with 4 or more seats together may not have as many opportunities as just two seats together.

Don't know why a few people have been upgraded from UL to LL before the LL has been completed. Could be people who lost UL seats because their seats were removed because of the party decks. They may have been offered LL upgrades as compensation for losing their UL seats.

And it does appear some sideline LL seats are being reserved to entice people to buy club seats. I understand the marketing but still don't like them doing it. Bottom line is the club level is overpriced for the market; that's why they can't sell them.

Just to clarify… you received an e-mail saying you are not getting upgraded?

Well, it didn't exactly read like that but that was the gist of it. Here is what it said:

Subject: Your 2012 Washington Redskins Seat Assignment!

We are pleased to inform you that your General Admission season tickets for the 2012 season have been assigned. Please login to www.Redskins.com/MyAccount to view your seat location.

Your season ticket package will be shipped via FedEx the first week of August. If you need to make any changes to your shipping address, please go to www.Redskins.com/MyAccount prior to June 22. If you have any questions, please contact the Redskins Ticket Office at 301-276-6050 or by email at tickets@redskins.com.

We look forward to seeing you at FedExField this fall! Thank you, and

Hail to the Redskins!!!

I moved from 422 row 16 to 117 row 27, just around the corner.

I also have 50 years worth of seniority and 3 seats (see below)

I have had the account in my name for 12 years and another account in my family's name for over 50 years.

So those seats "just don't open up" unless I shell out 2 years of Club Level money. I'm ready to start buying tix in the secondary market since the ticket office can't seem to offer me an upgrade even though I am one of the first to pay every year and was told that I could get back to my original seats thru upgrades.

The other account isn't goign to matter unless they're merged together. They only look at the account number on the account in question, especially since its mostly automated.

My conversations with the ticket office basicallys aid the following:

2 and 4 seat combinations are the most common, hence the hardest to move forward

the home side is significantly slower in upgardes

so the fact that you have had slow/no upgrades with 2 and 4 seats on the home side is not exactly surprising. nor is the fact that they reserve those seats to bait people into club seats (i've received the same offers, i know exactly what you're talking about).

i was told that since i have 3 seats i'd have a significant advantage in upgrades - they can plug me into holes others can't fit in (2, or 4+). which is probably why i got such a good upgrade... there was a hole there and i have pretty good seniority.

i don't expect that to make you happy, and i certainly agree with you that they could upgrade us they jsut choose not to because they want to use the best seats in the house to sell club seats and to give to brokers instead of life long fans who have own tickets for decades. i'm simply adding my two cents to help explain the situation.

I moved from 422 row 16 to 117 row 27, just around the corner.

I also have 50 years worth of seniority and 3 seats (see below)

The other account isn't goign to matter unless they're merged together. They only look at the account number on the account in question, especially since its mostly automated.

My conversations with the ticket office basicallys aid the following:

2 and 4 seat combinations are the most common, hence the hardest to move forward

the home side is significantly slower in upgardes

so the fact that you have had slow/no upgrades with 2 and 4 seats on the home side is not exactly surprising. nor is the fact that they reserve those seats to bait people into club seats (i've received the same offers, i know exactly what you're talking about).

i was told that since i have 3 seats i'd have a significant advantage in upgrades - they can plug me into holes others can't fit in (2, or 4+). which is probably why i got such a good upgrade... there was a hole there and i have pretty good seniority.

i don't expect that to make you happy, and i certainly agree with you that they could upgrade us they jsut choose not to because they want to use the best seats in the house to sell club seats and to give to brokers instead of life long fans who have own tickets for decades. i'm simply adding my two cents to help explain the situation.

Thanks for chiming in. I get all of that....my biggest problem is that almost EVERYONE around me has been upgraded and I've yet to get a single upgrade. That's my biggest complaint. That and Mr Friedman telling me that I'd be upgraded through the automated process after I "downgraded" while adding seats and years later I've yet to see one.

And now the message I am getting from the TO is that the only way it appears that ANY upgrade is on the horizon is if I shell out DOUBLE the price for Club Seats and I will magically be upgraded to seats in Sect 101-105 in 2 years. That's BS.

Seriously....I paid early during the lockout and got the free Chesney tix. Everyone around me was upgraded as so many seats went unpaid and I got nothing. Even late payors received upgrades. Therein lies the inequity.

Edited by RememberOsaka

Just signed on to My Tickets and noticed it now has "My Upcoming Events" with all the games listed below.

"Fantastic," I say to myself, "now I can see whether I've been upgraded!" No dice, though. All the games are blank. Could be encouraging though.

BTW, that is crap, Osaka. Good for you for not taking the bait and doing the club seats. I'm 27 years seniority and am reading about second year STHs moving only a section or two away from me in the above posts. It makes me wonder how this system actually works. Good for those guys that get the good upgrades, but how about a little loving for the rest of us old timers?!

Truthfully, I don't care that much about upgrades. Fellas, I'd watch the whole game from behind a column -- or from the bathroom for that matter -- as long as I was still watching the team in late January!

well this ****ing blows really bad....

Just talked to the TO and they said LL is completely done......

I got basically HOSED and have the same setup as last year.... 3 seats across and 1 behind......

I explained my frustrations to the TO guy and basically called BS on upgrading folks from UL to LL when you cant take care of folks that are asking for all 4 together.....

Maybe I am being a selfish prick but the TO has pretty much pissed me off..

*/end rant*

I got basically HOSED and have the same setup as last year.... 3 seats across and 1 behind......

I explained my frustrations to the TO guy and basically called BS on upgrading folks from UL to LL when you cant take care of folks that are asking for all 4 together.....

*/end rant*

Why do you put up with this stuff?

Don't renew. Sit where ever you want next season for less money without having to buy the preseason tickets.

Edited by Crazy Levi

*/end rant*

That sucks, Chess. I feel for ya, bro. I shot off an email and am expecting the same results.