Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Schefter twitter - Robert Gallery to leave Raiders

c4man5282

What exactly do you want for this team?

Short term gratification, or long term success? If it's the later, as many claim, and this thing is to be built the right way, picking up a guy who'll be 31 come the start of next season, on a major contract as he'd doubtless demand, is NOT the way to achieve that. Even moire so for a dude taken 2nd overall who has had a hit and miss career to be kind. His pass pro leaves a LOT to be desired; and with a rook or Interceptus Rexus back there, that's the last thing we need.

Just say NO to anyone over 26/27, with the obvious exception of a proven, top, top bracket player you can get a good few years production out of. And even then I'd have reservations. It's not about 2011, or 2012. It's about rebuilding with youth these next few years, and growing together so we're ready for the next decade beyond that to consistently challenge.

Hail.

Please show me a team that is composed of entirely 26/27 year old players and younger only.

If he's looking for $8 million per year, then there's 0% chance he'll be a Redskin. There's no way Allen or Shanahan are going to pay an often-injured guard $8 million per year, especially when they just paid one of the best safeties in the game a little over $5 million per year.

My thought is that he may have asked that of the Raiders knowing that they wouldn't pay it, so he could leave the organization. Just my theory.

Please show me a team that is composed of entirely 26/27 year old players and younger only.

I think the point being made is that need to get younger as a team. I don't have the stats in front of me, but I'm pretty sure we've fielded one of the oldest teams in the league the last few years -- I believe we may have had the oldest last year or the year before.

so far, i've read that hes very dominant in the run game (we need that). missed games due to back surgery, hamstrings and a broken leg.

since he played and started the last 11 games last year, it looks like theres nothing lingering, and the back would appear to not be a problem.

anybody know anything more about his injuries?

Point being, we've a serious chance to re-build for the future. I seriously don't care if we struggle down the cellar of the East for the next few years if it means a younger team that grows together and is in a position to challenge down the line on a consistent basis. Nothing wrong with a mix of vets and youth, but injury prone ageing vets with distinctly mixed careers to boot are NOT the way forward.

How many times do we need to fail making the same mistakes chasing a short term fix?

We need to get younger. PERIOD!

Hail.

I think the point being made is that need to get younger as a team. I don't have the stats in front of me, but I'm pretty sure we've fielded one of the oldest teams in the league the last few years -- I believe we may have had the oldest last year or the year before.

Given our resources and over two and half years of bad football, the BEST way to get young is to maximize the number of young guys who actually make the team better. The most likely way you achieve this goal is by filling as many holes as possible with cheap but successful FAs in the near term and keeping the guys who either experienced some level of success or are just real good individually so you can rid yourself of as much bad blood as possible while creating an environment that provides a solid a framework as possible for developing young talent. We do bring in a lot of young talent but also bring in relatively cheap but successful FAs who are older. These guys are replacing mostly guys brought in under Zorn while new ones will also be filling in from the bottom.

PFT: Robert Gallery will not return to the Oakland Raiders in 2011 because of what he calls a “mutual agreement” — and what the team calls an example of a player overestimating his worth.

“The only thing that was mutually agreed upon is his numbers were way out of line with ours,” Raiders senior executive John Herrera said.

According to Herrera, Gallery asked the Raiders for a new contract paying him $8 million a year. The Raiders were offering him $2.5 million. So, yeah, I’d say a difference of $5.5 million a year is “way out of line.”

I'm a fan of bringing in FAs, but Gallery? Seriously? I'm not sure what he has done to make anybody want to sign him. There are going to be better, younger, less injured FA Guards available, so why pick Gallery as the guy to make your thread about.

It's also funny that you made a thread knowing people would mock you and for good reason, then precede to try and mock anybody who doesn't like the idea of signing an older player with health issues.

First off I did not make this thread.

Secondly the Redskins have been so bad especially on the offensive line I don't see how they can turn their nose up on anyone at this point. You bring talent in, sit down and talk to them and see how they could possibly fit into your plans. You evaluate then you either let them walk or you sign them to an appropriate salary.

I just don't see the issue with that. Let me ask you this. How many of our lineman would any other team want? Maybe two of them (Trent being one of them of course). I just don't understand why a talent depleted team like the Redskins can't look under every rock possible to make the team better.

I understand you want young, injury free talent but EVERY one in league wants that too. So how do we obtain this with a limited amount of draft picks? Please let me and your local FO know.

Hopefully we can land Ryan Harris for our RT and draft Hudson from Florida State in the 2nd round as one of our OG.

would LOVE to land Rodney Hudson in the 2nd ... something tells me he'll be gone by then. But that would be sa-weet. hail.

would LOVE to land Rodney Hudson in the 2nd ... something tells me he'll be gone by then. But that would be sa-weet. hail.

I THINK he will be around at #41. A majority of the mocks have him going after we pick.

He's gonna want too much $, oft-injured, and old. We already have the Oldest Team in the NFL. Short-term gratitude or long-term success. To me, Gallery would be putting a band aid on a bullet wound. Use the draft, get younger, take our lumps along the way, build a young Offensive Unit instead of having a revolving door of vets.

Trade back with the Pats, draft Pouncey in the first, Hundson in the second and Wisnewski in the third and sign Harris.

Trade back with the Pats, draft Pouncey in the first, Hundson in the second and Wisnewski in the third and sign Harris.

Wisnewski in the 3rd? Won't happen, we'll be lucky if he fell to us in the early 2nd round, he could easily go late 1st or early 2nd round.

Wisnewski in the 3rd? Won't happen, we'll be lucky if he fell to us in the early 2nd round, he could easily go late 1st or early 2nd round.

Well, it was mostly a joke, but I've seen him listed as a third most often. I guess because he is undersized.

He's gonna want too much $, oft-injured, and old. We already have the Oldest Team in the NFL. Short-term gratitude or long-term success. To me, Gallery would be putting a band aid on a bullet wound. Use the draft, get younger, take our lumps along the way, build a young Offensive Unit instead of having a revolving door of vets.
We are no longer the oldest team in the NFL. By mid season last year, we had dropped to like 8th or 10th in the league.

i dunno about oft injured. his injuries were back surgery and a broken leg. he started 11 straight games to close the season, so it appears those injuries are fine now. if it were malcolm kelly type knees or something, that would be a problem.

you may be right about his price tag, if he really is looking for 8 mil per.

as a guard, he's effective.

...and luckily, we have a lot of draft picks to fill all of our holes with this year too!!! So if we can wisely trade down and turn the number 10 pick into, oh say, 8 second round picks, we'll be golden.

Gallery is garbage. You know why both his arms are sleeved up with tattoos? Cause when he was drafted he got the first arm sleeved, so when he was lined up, his outside arm would be showing off the ink.....well he sucked so bad, the Raiders moved him to the other side as an experiment to see if he would get better. So of course he gets the other arm sleeved up, because that now became the outside arm.....

Archived