Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Official Thread [11/11/11....It's time!]

Conn

Not sure about the stormcloaks, but I'm a member of the dark brotherhood, Thieves and Mages guild. You can join as many guilds as you want but isn't the stormcloaks a main quest related thing?

I keep reading there is no theives guild. where did you stumble upon them?

Alright nice, i will have to pick it up tonight.

What system(s) do you have? If you are able to get it for PC and run on High-Ultra high settings get for PC. I HDMI my PC into my 50 inch flat screen which is just amazing. Quicker load times than the consoles and way better graphics. You get the occasional Frame Rate hiccups, but they are well worth it for what you are seeing with a smooth frame rate most of the time. Anyways yeah if you have a good PC, 60 bucks is the best money you will spend all year.

What system(s) do you have? If you are able to get it for PC and run on High-Ultra high settings get for PC. I HDMI my PC into my 50 inch flat screen which is just amazing. Quicker load times than the consoles and way better graphics. You get the occasional Frame Rate hiccups, but they are well worth it for what you are seeing with a smooth frame rate most of the time. Anyways yeah if you have a good PC, 60 bucks is the best money you will spend all year.

Nah, i will be getting it for 360. I dont have the $$ to build a PC and im not fluent enough (if those are the word you wanna use) with the keyboard to play games on the PC. I can type pretty fast but when it comes to gaming i just like having a controller in my hand.

Easily worth the $60. There is so much to do in the game, and with all the different character types, it lends itself to multiple playings with different experiences.

I read somewhere that if you divide the probable number of hours you'll spend playing the game by the $60 it costs to buy it, it comes out to like $0.17 an hour. You can't beat that.

Having still not played Oblivion (despite having the GOTY edition - albeit used)...I have 2 questions.

1.) Would you recommend waiting to get Skyrim and playing Oblivion first (especially since I am still a long ways from playing either - currently playing Dark Souls)?

2.) ...and since I haven't played any of the Elder Scrolls games before - is it anything like Demon Souls/Dark Souls - where the emphasis is placed on defense first?

Having still not played Oblivion (despite having the GOTY edition - albeit used)...I have 2 questions.

1.) Would you recommend waiting to get Skyrim and playing Oblivion first (especially since I am still a long ways from playing either - currently playing Dark Souls)?

2.) ...and since I haven't played any of the Elder Scrolls games before - is it anything like Demon Souls/Dark Souls - where the emphasis is placed on defense first?

I've played The Elder Scrolls games since Morrowind. It is not necessary to play Oblivion first. The setting is 200 years after Oblivion, and there are just a few subtle lines that refer back to Oblivion. Plus, I found a book in Skyrim, I believe it's called "The Oblivion Crisis" and it is a summary of the Oblivion main quest.

I've never played Demon/Dark Souls, but in these games, you put the emphasis on whatever you want. I'm a Argonian Archer and I have not spent much in terms of leveling bonuses on defense and I am doing just fine at level 15 right now. The beauty of these games is you truly do what you want.

So I have been back and forth, but I am going to check out Dark Souls this weekend. The thing that worries me about Skyrim is the fact I did not like Fallout at all. I watched demos of both and think I will really enjoy Dark Souls.

Am I the only one who doesn't read a single book? I mean I started to but then I realized there are literally thousands of books in a game. No ****ing way.

Some of them will give you stat increases, so i usually just open them and close them

So I have been back and forth, but I am going to check out Dark Souls this weekend. The thing that worries me about Skyrim is the fact I did not like Fallout at all. I watched demos of both and think I will really enjoy Dark Souls.

I have a friend who played Dark Souls. He says that its very tedious, and that you go back through levels you have already beat, more then once. he likes Skyrim much better, but that's just one persons opinion.

Question, has anyone contracted Vampirism yet? How do you cure it? I started "free balling" or not following the main story line and just going around pillaging caves and such, and almost immediately I happen on upon a vampire den... days later i contract Vampirism. Very cumbersome to only navigate at night, and needing to be next to someplace indoors anytime dawn is near.

Question, has anyone contracted Vampirism yet? How do you cure it? I started "free balling" or not following the main story line and just going around pillaging caves and such, and almost immediately I happen on upon a vampire den... days later i contract Vampirism. Very cumbersome to only navigate at night, and needing to be next to someplace indoors anytime dawn is near.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Vampirism_(Skyrim)

As for Dark Souls/Demon Souls - yes it's a punishing game that requires a lot of repeating levels. It's by far the toughest games that I have ever played - but oddly - the most satisfying ones too.

Archived