Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Official Thread [11/11/11....It's time!]

Conn

Is the combat as weird and lame as it was in Oblivion? I downloaded that game from Xbox live and tried to play. But the combat is just so boring and awkward. I didn't really get far. I want to like Oblivion because I love Fallout 3, but I never really could get into it. Is Skyrim any better?

Also, no love for Assassin's Creed coming out next week? I love me some AC

Is the combat as weird and lame as it was in Oblivion? I downloaded that game from Xbox live and tried to play. But the combat is just so boring and awkward. I didn't really get far. I want to like Oblivion because I love Fallout 3, but I never really could get into it. Is Skyrim any better?

Also, no love for Assassin's Creed coming out next week? I love me some AC

The combat is MUCH improved. I really didn't expect it to be this good, it's not quite 100% real, but it is much much closer then it was and feels much more fluid and real. The game is awesome, I've put about 6 hours into it and have not even began to scratch the surface of it yet. The graphics have improved exponentially.

I might order this today on Steam. I'm holding out as long as possible as I have too many games to play, some that I've bought and haven't even started. But I'll cave by the end of the day and buy it. It's inevitable. Morrowind and Fallout 3 are two of my five favorite games ever (KOTOR, Zelda: Ocarina Of TIme, and FFVII).

What race is everyone?

I made a highelf. Comes with +50 magika to begin with so i've been upping my health with each level up.

I have 180 magika and 140 health right now and I usually equip a one handed weapon and a flame spell to up one handed and destruction. I normally dont get hit but I have a shield favorited if I need to. The sweet thing about not using a shield at low levels is that everything hardly does any damage so when you get hit, heavy armor goes up and you dont take a lot of damage, so when I begin using heavier armor (im going to specialize in both magic and one handed) it will already be level pretty well. Using bows in this game is AWESOME too, I never use bows!

What race is everyone?

Argonian

My primary tactic is using the bow and having high stealth skills. It's a great combination so far!

---------- Post added November-13th-2011 at 05:06 PM ----------

Played this game lastnight. Epic! I joined the dark brotherhood.

How do you join the Dark Brotherhood? In Oblivion you had to kill someone. Same thing?

Argonian

My primary tactic is using the bow and having high stealth skills. It's a great combination so far!

---------- Post added November-13th-2011 at 05:06 PM ----------

How do you join the Dark Brotherhood? In Oblivion you had to kill someone. Same thing?

You have to go to one of the towns where there is a motherless boy performing the Black Sacrament. It takes off from there. He's in his house and there is a mother and child talking about the boy right outside the door. You will know as soon as you see it.

I'm on the last Brotherhood mission and it was awesome.

This game is probably my favorite ever. It sucks because I have a hard time putting the game away.

Slight spoilers regarding a choice you make between factions....

What faction did you guys choose between Imperial Legion or Stormcloaks? I love how they're both basically morally gray and neither are really good or bad. I ended up going Stormcloaks because it makes more sense for the hero to join the small rebellious side, plus the Legion did try to behead you in the beginning.

Haven't chosen a side in the civil war yet personally, I actually JUST did the first few main quest missions 20+ hours into my playthrough, because I decided I wanted some dragons finally :ols:

But I have to add that not only is the Dark Brotherhood AWESOME, so is the thieves guild.

The only thing I'm having an issue with is perks. I know I want to max out both one handed and destruction but that alone would take about 30 levels, though I'm sure I could toss some out like the mace perk as I never really use maces.

The level "cap" is 50, with the true level cap being 70 but its supposed to take a long time to level between 50-70 and it is said there are about 20 perk quests around skyrim too which should help out some. making it around 90 perks total you can advance.

This game looks interesting. I have never played any of these games. Is this game on-line/multiplayer?

It doesn't have it, and it doesn't need it, there is unbelievable amount of things to do, and it is detailed to the most minute of details. I've put about 8 hours into it, and have just explored maybe 5% of the map.

Ok thanks for the info. I just watched an introduction video of the game on youtube. The detail was amazing. I think that I'll have to try and pick up a used copy of this game at some point.

I rented from redbox and played for about 5 hours. I knew I would love the game anyway, but I couldn't wait to play it and Im not buying a game for 60 bucks haha, it was worth my 2 dollars.

Archived