Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Official Thread [11/11/11....It's time!]

Conn

You sound like me until I got this game. You will not be able to turn it off after playing. I figure at my current rate I wont be finished with this game until 2013

Tell me about it. I'm 89 hours in and I still got a **** ton of quests to do. Not to mention I keep finding more and more. This game is completely addictive.

God help me when the downloadable content comes out. It supposed to be huge add ons. Can't wait.

Its not an online interactive world. Its a totally single player game.

Also, a video game nerd would know its an RPG, of which WoW is NOT a good example. WoW is an MMORPG.

Okay I'm not a RPG guy...never have been. More of a fps nerd....or just not as big a nerd as you guys in general

Ughh! I have to wait till X-mas for this game. It is painful. I read this thread everyday.

Maybe when you get older Skinz4Life12. I hated RPGs until about 3 years ago. I can tell I am slowing down a bit. Used to only want games where I can run and kill 100 things in 10 seconds. I want more of an experience with my games now and I need them to be longer than 10 hours.

With two jobs and other commitments, I definitely can't play as much as I want. Certainly no marathon sessions. I still try to get in an hour a day or every two days.

Here's a dumb question. I struggle with carrying too much weight. Can I store extra stuff (ore or ingots for example) in random buckets or chests or whatever and they'll stay there? Or will they eventually disappear? Do I need to buy the house and store them in there only?

With two jobs and other commitments, I definitely can't play as much as I want. Certainly no marathon sessions. I still try to get in an hour a day or every two days.

Here's a dumb question. I struggle with carrying too much weight. Can I store extra stuff (ore or ingots for example) in random buckets or chests or whatever and they'll stay there? Or will they eventually disappear? Do I need to buy the house and store them in there only?

you need a house, loot in random chests will dissapear. The easiest way to get a room early is to join the college of winterhold or become a thane of whiterun and buy it for 5000

Yeah I'm already a thane and working toward the 5k (I'm at 3k now). I was just wondering in the meantime if I could stash them.

You can also hire a merc or If you have a companion they work as a pack mule very well. Just talk to them and tell them you have some items to trade.

Yeah I've actually been leaving her at the castle and dropping by every now and then and giving her stuff to hold on to. I'm not real interested in her going into battle with me. Question about that btw. How easily is she killed? That's the big reason why I never take her anywhere. I don't feel l havving to worry about someone else getting killed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bumping this, I just got Skyrim and another game or two, all which require Steam. I've done the install of Steam, but everytime I put the game discs in to install, my computer attempts to connect to Steam servers and I am told they are unavailable. Any ideas?

I rented this game a week back and its been pretty good. Only thing that sucks is my dumbass jumped down into the sightless pit and then I overwrote my previous save while down there. Anybody been down there yet? Frustrating as hell, because you can't climb out and leave the place,its either fight and make it through or restart the whole damn game over at level 1.

I rented this game a week back and its been pretty good. Only thing that sucks is my dumbass jumped down into the sightless pit and then I overwrote my previous save while down there. Anybody been down there yet? Frustrating as hell, because you can't climb out and leave the place,its either fight and make it through or restart the whole damn game over at level 1.

You gotta have multiple saves, besides your autosaves, in a game like this.

Yeah I've actually been leaving her at the castle and dropping by every now and then and giving her stuff to hold on to. I'm not real interested in her going into battle with me. Question about that btw. How easily is she killed? That's the big reason why I never take her anywhere. I don't feel l havving to worry about someone else getting killed.

Really easily.

It sounds like I'm just a little bit further than you are at this point, I just got my house in Whiterun but haven't stored anything in it yet. To the question re: Lydia, She was killed in the first confrontation that we faced together. I like it better that way, so I didn't reload a previous save, instead moved on without her.

Really easily.

It sounds like I'm just a little bit further than you are at this point, I just got my house in Whiterun but haven't stored anything in it yet. To the question re: Lydia, She was killed in the first confrontation that we faced together. I like it better that way, so I didn't reload a previous save, instead moved on without her.

I've been so busy with work and the holidays, I haven't even turned on the game in a few weeks. Was planning on getting back into it this weekend. So yeah, you're probably further ahead than me.

And yeah, I really don't have any interest in her fighting with me. Just seems like an unnecessary distraction. She's fine being my storage room. That said, I definitely need to buy my house. Just struggling on getting the funds together

Saw this today and lol'd. Might as well throw it in here:

ObE0C.png

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got the game working, but holy crap this game isn't easy. Do the enemies level up with you the way they did in Oblivion, or are some of these bosses just that hard? I think I'm around level 16/17, but some of these dungeons or forts I'm going through have people at the end who knock me on my ass in two hits or so.

For what it's worth, I'm playing as a Warrior type, mostly using Archery. I don't have the patience to switch spells around, etc, I prefer to shoot or hack and slash.

• 2 weeks later...

got the game for christmas.

for the most part, stuff you drop on the ground will just stay there (i'm playing the PC version, dunno if that matters). probably not a great idea to COUNT on things being there forever, but if you are overburdened, you can just drop things and come back for them later if you want. there are dragon scales and pies that i have left lying around for weeks and they didn't go anywhere. just don't put them anywhere with a respawn timer (chests, dungeons, etc).

i'm level 47 at the moment. just finished crafting a suit of Daedric armor and enchanting it. looks pretty sweet!

i'm just going straight up 2-hander the whole way. all bludgeoning all the time. everything but dragons die in one hit. ancient dragons take 3-4 hits. the only guys that are even slightly annoying are ice mages because they slow me down, but then i just use that dragon shout that zooms me forward.

some tips for leveling fast: pick a skill that you dont normally use and work on it. for example, if you normally wear heavy armor, but a full suit of light armor and go kill some stuff. your light armor skill will skyrocket and you'll gain some levels fast. you can level up your blacksmithing pretty easily by buying a couple hundred iron ingots and making a boatload of iron daggers. also buy leather and make leather bracers. you can level enchanting all the way up at the same time if you have enough soul gems to enchant all those daggers before selling them to the vendors.

leveling professions is a fast way to level your character as well.

You shouldn't level your character that way green. Many of the enemies in the game scale with your level, so if you level too much without leveling up skills you'll actually use, you'll find yourself gimped.

I do agree that Blacksmithing is awesome though. Full Deadric armor=GG.

You shouldn't level your character that way green. Many of the enemies in the game scale with your level, so if you level too much without leveling up skills you'll actually use, you'll find yourself gimped.

As much as I like the way it looks, I don't go with any heavy armor at all. Made a killing smithing, enchanting and then selling it though.

I have neglected all other games since this one came out. The only game I see knocking me off this one in the foreseeable future is Mass Effect 3.

yeah i didn't mean you should level up that way at level ten. at level 25 or so after my weapon and armor skills were already high, and my leveling progress had begun to stagnate. then i leveled smithing and enchanting (and some alchemy and other random things) at the same time and gained like 10 levels in 2 days.

• 3 weeks later...

So anyway....exactly how big is this game? I'm 74 hours in and I've still only visited three of the nine major cities, and one of those was by accident (a drinking contest gone wrong, some of you will know what I'm talking about).

I'm basically limited to an hour-two at night after the kids are asleep, and that's not every night. My oldest is 21 months, am I going to be able to finish this game before she hits elementary school :ols:? I'm loving the game, but good Lord you can spend a lot of time doing things without really advancing the main storyline.

Archived