Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Leonard Hankerson could fit with the Redskins

Hitman21ST

Would Joyce and Galarraga having a book deal really cause a conflict of interests on the field?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Would Joyce and Galarraga having a book deal really cause a conflict of interests on the field?

• Yes
    • No

• 2 weeks later...
Saw a comment from John Clayton referring to him as "Shankerson" because he messed up a drill a so badly. Not sure how he did overall, though.

If I'm not mistaking it was the "L" drill because he kept slipping.

He had a better 40 than I was anticipating (4.43, was expecting around a 4.55), and I think that will help him a lot.

If I'm not mistaking it was the "L" drill because he kept slipping.

He had a better 40 than I was anticipating (4.43, was expecting around a 4.55), and I think that will help him a lot.

:secret: "say, kid.. how boutcha do a few slip n slides, see?.. fall to us, kid, n we'll take care of ya, see?. say, kid, like mercedes? see?"

:D

• 2 months later...

Now that the day is upon us. I'd still be really happy with this guy, he can run every route, he's got better than expected speed 4.40 at the combine (according to ESPN), and fantastic hands, plus he's willing to learn.

However, I still say we pick him late 2nd, not our 9th, I hope we trade back with one of our 2nds and pick him up and get an extra 3rd or 4th.

Still not sure what to do at that #9 in the 2nd, but QB (Dalton, Mallet, or Kaepernick) or OL (I really like Orlando Franklin projected as a OG in the NFL who played OT in college) is where I feel we'll go. I love Paea, but he just doesn't seem to have a NT frame, he's got insane strength, but his frame (I'm not just talking about his weight here either) looks a little too small for a NT. I think he might make a great DE, but I'm not sure he's a great fit for a 3-4 at either spot. I think if we're going DL at the top of the 2nd, we should consider Marvin Austin from UNC. Or, we should look at NT later in the draft (4th-5th round) where we could get a guy like Powe.

Interesting... like Ryan Kerrigan, Leonard Hankerson was a team captain at Miami. I don't think that's entirely coincidental. These picks show that the front office is looking to remake the character of this franchise. Part of that is to bring in motivated, character guys.

Archived