Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Leonard Hankerson could fit with the Redskins

Hitman21ST

Would Joyce and Galarraga having a book deal really cause a conflict of interests on the field?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Would Joyce and Galarraga having a book deal really cause a conflict of interests on the field?

• Yes
    • No

For a guy who really suffered from the lockout and accelerated preseason, it's great to see Hankerson starting to get into a little groove. I'm sure it's tough on these players' psyches to see the season slipping away, but if everyone keeps the right mindset - this is a REBUILDING year - and remembers that we'll be getting better draft picks out of all these losses, we'll be fine.

Any video of the two-point conversion? I missed it.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d823d7779/QB-Beck-to-WR-Hankerson-2-point-conversion

He got realllly close to pushing off and possibly getting a penalty, but I think he was subtle enough about it that it was too small for the ref to really see or regard as much of "push". Pretty crafty for a young guy. Randy Moss did that stuff all the time and wouldn't get called for it because he was pretty damn meticulous with it.

Hankerson hasn't proved anything yet but I'm still laughing at the folks who wanted to keep Stallworth and cut Hankerson after the preseason. Giving rookies time to develop isn't a strength of ES Nation....

What he showed was he could get open and beat his guy 1 on 1...Beck just couldn't get him the ball.

Hankerson has some potential, now that he is finally able to get on the field. I think the lockout really hurt players like him and Niles Paul. I really don't think you are going to know what you have with these guys until you have a legitimate QB to work with them. Right now we don't have that so in my opinion they are still surrounded by ????

The pass that he batted was thrown higher than he expected. You can tell he was expecting something a little closer to face level. It was a short pass and it got there quickly. He made a nice quick adjustment on the pass and batted it to himself. There is no way Santana Moss makes that catch. Hank gives a QB more room for error.

Any video of the two-point conversion? I missed it.

It was just a back shoulder play where Hank used his body really well to box the defender away from the ball. It's the kind of physical play we have been missing in the RedZone for quite a while. There were some good signs from Hank but still a few things he needs to clean up. I noticed a couple of time he did not seem to feel the hole in the zone and ran himself into coverage rather than slowing and settling in the soft spot.

He looked like he belonged.

I was the guy in 453 that was yelling, Hank was open deep. Nice to see a few others from the nation saw it too. I was thrilled to see him out in the starting lineup. The Shans are rebuilding right in our faces, but won't admit it because someone thinks it will hurt ticket sales perhaps. True, you cant fully rebuild without a QB, but we are showing strong signs. Rolling out Hankerson, Paul, Helu; its happening. I pay to see the kids play.You dont have to trick me using Rex and Becks.

I do like the idea of getting the backup QB some of his practice WR's - someone he has some report with.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d823d7779/QB-Beck-to-WR-Hankerson-2-point-conversion

He got realllly close to pushing off and possibly getting a penalty, but I think he was subtle enough about it that it was too small for the ref to really see or regard as much of "push". Pretty crafty for a young guy. Randy Moss did that stuff all the time and wouldn't get called for it because he was pretty damn meticulous with it.

The key is he did not extend his arm. If you make contact with your shoulder at the top of the route they hardly ever call it unless you extend the arm. Michael Irvin made a career out of doing what Hankerson did.

I watched every game of Torrey Smith. He is trash thank god he went to Bmore

Eating crow? Can't say I was a big supporter but I never thought he was trash. Does have some hands issues but he's pretty darn good. Here's the catch... we have nothing remotely close to Flacco. Oh and btw, the offensive line deserves all the credit in that final drive. Flacco had all day against the vaunted steel curtain.

Remember when so many on here were already insulting him with Stankerson and claiming he'll never be any good after his preseason struggles?

That's why you see so many unable to handle a team in transition that loses. That's what happens when you turn your roster over and allow guys to develop. You lose games. But with time and experience everyone gets better. I think it's funny how so many have bashed Snyder for not understanding this and being impatient, yet as soon as the organization actually does this the same people flip out, lol.

I personally thought Rex would play well the entire season and we'd be a good team already. Rex really disappointed me. His play at the end of last year and throughout preseason would lead anyone to believe he wasn't going to play truly awful at any time in this system. I was wrong, unfortunately, but I still understood even then that we needed another offseason like this one to really contend. I, unlike many, don't believe we need two more. I think we'll be a playoff team next year if we are able to match what we've done this offseason again in 2012. And I have no doubt we will.

As long as the arm does not "Lock" it isnt a push off.

I was always taught to keep the arm by your body, if they see your arm come away and extend then you risk the flag. What Hank did was not a push off IMO it was an example of what having a big physical receiver can do for your offense. It was good to see them trust him in a critical situation as well.

I was always taught to keep the arm by your body, if they see your arm come away and extend then you risk the flag. What Hank did was not a push off IMO it was an example of what having a big physical receiver can do for your offense. It was good to see them trust him in a critical situation as well.

Yep...we're just not used to seeing it on our Redskins.

Eating crow? Can't say I was a big supporter but I never thought he was trash. Does have some hands issues but he's pretty darn good. Here's the catch... we have nothing remotely close to Flacco. Oh and btw, the offensive line deserves all the credit in that final drive. Flacco had all day against the vaunted steel curtain.

have you ever seen him run a route besides a fly route.

Hankerson looks like a player 2nd week in a row he gets open deep and the qb can't get him te ball. I'd like to see him with grossman a more polished passer his brand of stink is not quite as odorous as Beck's is.

Hankerson runs pretty smoothly , has big hands grabs it and turns effortlessly. He def looks the part good presence and size on the field.

I was down on Hankerson after preseason and what I assumed to be his fault in Carolina.

But I have to admit that he's actually not a waste of space, and I am hoping to see him become a solid starter if not superstar a la Brandon Marshall

have you ever seen him run a route besides a fly route.

That's what the Ravens need/want from him. They have Boldin to run all of the other stuff. I'm just saying that he's not the trash that you think he is. We have plenty of "trash" on our roster.

Archived