Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Leonard Hankerson could fit with the Redskins

Hitman21ST

Would Joyce and Galarraga having a book deal really cause a conflict of interests on the field?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Would Joyce and Galarraga having a book deal really cause a conflict of interests on the field?

• Yes
    • No

Really like this guy, I am overwhelmed with how we handled this draft this year. Shanny knows what he's doing.

Well you know he spent a lot of time with the Hoodie during his year away; fired actually. I had hoped to see a draft like this last year. I think he grossly underestimated how badly Vinny screwed this team up. Once he and the coaching staff had to deal with these guys game in and game out they realized that we're old and not very good. So I think this year is all about getting younger.

Want to hear a conspiracy theory? It wouldn't surprise me if we unload a lot of older vets this year. Start playing all these young pups and let them learn via OJT. Play Rexie who's good for a few turnovers a game. Totally suck and end up with the first pick in the draft; thus winning the Luck sweepstakes! I doubt his pride would allow his record to take that kinda hit. But if he could swallow it we could really be set for years with a good young nucleus of players and a Franchise QB.

I think the Skins missed the boat in a big way by not drafting Torrey Smith WR/KR/PR from University of Maryland.

The guy is electrifying, has great hands, and blazing speed. For crying out loud, he was the Terps' main offensive weapon, often double and triple teamed. The Ravens got a steal!

Well you know he spent a lot of time with the Hoodie during his year away; fired actually. I had hoped to see a draft like this last year. I think he grossly underestimated how badly Vinny screwed this team up. Once he and the coaching staff had to deal with these guys game in and game out they realized that we're old and not very good. So I think this year is all about getting younger.

I agree with this 100 percent, especially the bolded. I wanna add that a LOT of fans grossly underestimated how badly Vinny screwed the team up and went along with it with hopeful eyes, including me. I thought we were fine with our depth, but we are not at all.

I think the Skins missed the boat in a big way by not drafting Torrey Smith WR/KR/PR from University of Maryland.

The guy is electrifying, has great hands, and blazing speed. For crying out loud, he was the Terps' main offensive weapon, often double and triple teamed. The Ravens got a steal!

Just like the last do-it-all MD WR that went high in the draft? Not saying that they are the same player, but I think we got our man in Hankerson, who a lot of experts valued as a better prospect than smith.

I can't see a good reason to get rid of Moss right now. Will he be asking too much or something? Why get rid of one of the few bright spots on offense, especially when he would have the opportunity to establish a great relationship with a rookie fellow alumni? The way I see it, Moss in the slot and Armstrong and Hankerson on the outside could be a nice trio.

I can't see a good reason to get rid of Moss right now. Will he be asking too much or something? Why get rid of one of the few bright spots on offense, especially when he would have the opportunity to establish a great relationship with a rookie fellow alumni? The way I see it, Moss in the slot and Armstrong and Hankerson on the outside could be a nice trio.

Its been confirmed by the insiders that its almost definite that Moss re-signs here. He wants to be here.

I agree with this 100 percent, especially the bolded. I wanna add that a LOT of fans grossly underestimated how badly Vinny screwed the team up and went along with it with hopeful eyes, including me. I thought we were fine with our depth, but we are not at all.

Man, remember how excited we were when Vinny picked 10 players a couple years ago? Out of that entire group I think only Davis has done anything for us. There have been flashes here and there but not one player has been a consistent contributor. Personally, I think Vinny just went by Mel's big board. There's a reason why Mel isn't somebody's GM. And never has been! He only hit on 9 out of 32 in the first round? Hell, I could do that without studying!

As for Moss? I don't think we need to get rid of Santana. He has at least 3 more good years if we can keep him in the slot. Having Kyle move him around really helped a lot. Tana's just not a big guy. But he's still better than pretty much anybody's nickle DB.

# Leonard Hankerson, 6-2/205

# Wide Receiver

# Miami

Leonard Hankerson Scouting Report

By Greg Cox

# Strengths: Big-game experience since high school

# Capable blocker for running game

# Has been coached well, good route runner

# Will make the big catch

# Red zone target

# Strong and physical

# Good character

Weaknesses:

# Does not possess elite speed

# Will not make defenders miss after catch

# Drops have been an issue

Summary: Leonard Hankerson is not going to blow anyone away with his 40 time, but he is a long strider who can move once he gets going. He is a physical player who has improved when it comes to catching the ball over the middle in traffic where hits are delivered. His frame lends itself to being a capable blocker, and he is. Most of his damage after the catch will come from physically ridding himself of potential tacklers as opposed to juking them. Having Cris Carter being his position coach in high school and working with Mark Duper are nice touches for his resume.

Player Comparison: Braylon Edwards. Hankerson and Edwards have similar size and ability to come up with the football down the field in dramatic fashion. Unfortunately both have been known to make fans moan after dropping what would have been a long gain.

me like.

---------- Post added April-29th-2011 at 11:47 PM ----------

im lost on what happened but cool..

Archived