Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

twitter: John Harbaugh is an *******, oops, I mean, said he wants to 'Take Control of the D.C fanbase'/ Haloti Ngata Aint Goin Nowhere

SMOSS89

Football is a "What have you done for me lately," business.

If someone is actually a bandwagon fan, why in the world would they pick the Redskins? They aren't successful.

Look, as i've said before, the Ravens are a much better run organization than the Skins. However, if someone is going to jump ship to another team it probably should be the Steelers and not the Ravens. Because quiet as kept, the Ravens haven't won anything of merit since 2000. Since then the Steelers have won 2 SBs and have positioned themselves to win a 3rd. All the Ravens have done is talk big and bad every season "We're the Baltimore Bullies...it would be highway robbery if we don't win the SB...We're the most talented team from top to bottom in the league..blah, blah, blah"...yet always fall short with thier balls firmly tucked between thier legs every season. Again, they're a darn good organization, but just not worth jumping ship for.

Um, is this a joke?

When did the Ravens start? That Art Modell mess in the mid 90s? And you want to 'take over' about 80 years of tradition?

I don't know whether to laugh or be pissed. What a stupid, stupid thing to say.

I'd imagine that his comment will probably do him more harm than good in DC. It'll drive Skins fans who were indifferent to the Ravens to turn on them. Fans like me for instance. I never see Ravens fans anywhere so that team hasn't bothered me up until now.That comment, though, is insulting.

**** you John Harbaugh.

If I may quote Dr. Evil "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight."

Sure the die-hard Skins fans are ready to chuck our team colors, so that we can hear year after year from Ray Lewis how this is the best team he has been on since the Super Bowl team.

I lived in the Carolinas for a while and the Panthers can't even tear away many of the fans away from the Skins. What makes this pinhead think he is going to suddenly have success in getting us to trade in our team colors?

Hey John how about worrying about winning your own division first...or at least trying to beat the Steelers consistently.

19-0 or 0-16 no way I walk away from this team.

Didn't see it posted here... an article by Rich Tandler with the direct quote (see below):

http://www.fanfeedr.com/nfl/2011/01/17/harbaugh-well-take-over-washington-d-c

I’m looking forward to a lot of things in the offseason I’m excited about being here. I really am grateful and appreciative to be the head coach of the Baltimore Ravens; to be associated with Baltimore football. Now three years here, being part of this fan base, it’s the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen in my life. I love the Baltimore Raven fans. We’re reaching out and trying to get more. We’re trying to take control of this whole area. We’ll take over Washington DC while we’re at it. And head up into Pennsylvania and grab all those fans, and over to West Virginia and Virginia. Come on and be a Baltimore Raven fan because this is an exciting organization and exciting football team.

Didn't see it posted here... an article by Rich Tandler with the direct quote (see below):

http://www.fanfeedr.com/nfl/2011/01/17/harbaugh-well-take-over-washington-d-c

I’m looking forward to a lot of things in the offseason I’m excited about being here. I really am grateful and appreciative to be the head coach of the Baltimore Ravens; to be associated with Baltimore football. Now three years here, being part of this fan base, it’s the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen in my life. I love the Baltimore Raven fans. We’re reaching out and trying to get more. We’re trying to take control of this whole area. We’ll take over Washington DC while we’re at it. And head up into Pennsylvania and grab all those fans, and over to West Virginia and Virginia. Come on and be a Baltimore Raven fan because this is an exciting organization and exciting football team.

That sounds like a cheerleader not a real football coach.

Please Harbaugh,

All of the fairweather fans jumped off the Redskins bandwagon loooong ago. You aren't going to convert anyone who really gives a damn about this team. Also, **** no would any real Redskins fan leave the team for the Ravens. If I'm going to wantonly pick a new team then I'm going to pick the Packers or the Falcons or something like that.

Not that I've ever put any thought into it or anything... :paranoid:

When the OP first posted the Twitter thing, I thought Harbaugh had just singled the DC area out. But from Tandler's site it seems like Harbaugh was casting the net out region-wide. Pennsylvania? Steelers fans should be LOL-ing even more than they were on Saturday night.

Kind of reminds me of how Wade Phillips' father Bum tried to rally the Houston Oiler fans after a couple of losses to Pittsburgh in the playoffs in the late 70s, saying that, "next year, we're going to kick the damn door in!" Of course, it never happened, and the Oilers went to crap after Bum left.

Archived