Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

twitter: John Harbaugh is an *******, oops, I mean, said he wants to 'Take Control of the D.C fanbase'/ Haloti Ngata Aint Goin Nowhere

SMOSS89

[b"]Jim

**** MD you can have it. We can square off @ RFK on a cold Sunday evening in DC. Put your Money where your mouth is."[/b]

^ Would love for THE Shan to respond on twitter with that... (DAN GET US OUT OF MD ASAP)

Seriously, Jim your team just took an L to the Steelers I guess talking like that on twitter makes you feel better.

Who's Jim? :evilg:

We should give Harbaugh what he wants. Organize some 20-30K Skins fans to attend a Ravens game next season all decked out in Skins gear, singing Hail to the Redskins audibly at every opportunity. You want Skins fans? You got us.

love the idea but lets focus on getting them to be loud at Fed Ex first....

ha, good one ... excellent point ...

I don't blame him and he's already done a pretty good job. The Ravens fanbase as a whole is mostly ex-Redskins fans since most of them aren't old enough to have followed the Colts. I see Skins fans jumping ship every day. There is a strong core of loyal fans but but as a whole our fanbase is fairly fickle. Just look at the "Player X is a god!" to "Player X sucks!" threads we see from one week to the next by the same posters.

As far as Ngata I thought that was a given. If there is a franchise tag he will obviously get it and they're going to throw whatever amount of money it takes to get him. Even beyond that every defensive player in the league would love to play DL on a team with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed lining up behind them.

I don't blame him and he's already done a pretty good job. The Ravens fanbase as a whole is mostly ex-Redskins fans since most of them aren't old enough to have followed the Colts. I see Skins fans jumping ship every day. There is a strong core of loyal fans but but as a whole our fanbase is fairly fickle. Just look at the "Player X is a god!" to "Player X sucks!" threads we see from one week to the next by the same posters.

As far as Ngata I thought that was a given. If there is a franchise tag he will obviously get it and they're going to throw whatever amount of money it takes to get him. Even beyond that every defensive player in the league would love to play DL on a team with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed lining up behind them.

1) You've never seen a Redskins fan leave the fanbase because a real fan doesn't leave the fanbase. These are people who loved Backstreet Boys back in high school and are now pressed over Justin Bieber.

2) Every team has stupid threads. Every thread ending in an exclamation point at least demonstrates passion even if it's poorly placed. Anyone still on this board is a fan. You and I joined after a playoff run. Boo to us. Some people joined during the latter part of 2008 and 2009. Win for them.

3) Ngata was never an option, agreed.

It really ticks me off when some Skins fans describe the Ravens as their "second favorite team." Harbaugh's comments are yet further proof-- we are not them and they are not us. If you choose to go to the dark side and cheer for the Ravens, get rid of all your Skins gear now and don't even think about coming back.

While not a divisional rival, they are a geographic rival. Raven fans don't support the Skins. In fact, by-in-large, they hate us. Well we shouldn't be supporting them either.

It really ticks me off when some Skins fans describe the Ravens as their "second favorite team." Harbaugh's comments are yet further proof-- we are not them and they are not us. If you choose to go to the dark side and cheer for the Ravens, get rid of all your Skins gear now and don't even think about coming back.

While not a divisional rival, they are a geographic rival. Raven fans don't support the Skins. In fact, by-in-large, they hate us. Well we shouldn't be supporting them either.

Mostly agree except for the last two sentences. I don't give a **** if they like us or hate us; I'll never support another team. I admire their front office and the way that the organization is run, but I'm not a fan of that team.

Harbaugh needs to worry about his own bandwagon fanbase. BTW, there's too much history in D.C. to "gain control" of the fanbase. And another thing, he probably doesn't realize that there are ALOT of Bmore area Skins fans.

bingo......trust me...when Ray Lewis and Ed Reed retire the Ravens will be a medium of the road team..their fanbase has been spoiled with success, but trust me...they will fall on hard times soon and let's see just how many Ravens fans come back to rooting for the Skins.....trust me growing up 10mins outside of Bmore City and knowing alot of Ravens fans....they weren't fans until after 2000 and their SB win....a huge % of their fans are still closet Skins fans.........

bingo......trust me...when Ray Lewis and Ed Reed retire the Ravens will be a medium of the road team..their fanbase has been spoiled with success, but trust me...they will fall on hard times soon and let's see just how many Ravens fans come back to rooting for the Skins.....trust me growing up 10mins outside of Bmore City and knowing alot of Ravens fans....they weren't fans until after 2000 and their SB win....a huge % of their fans are still closet Skins fans.........

So you're suggesting the Skins will actually have a bandwagon to jump on? I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, but alot of 'Skins fans don't think the team will be good until there's a new owner and I doubt Snyder is going to hand over the reigns within the next few years.

So you're suggesting the Skins will actually have a bandwagon to jump on? I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, but alot of 'Skins fans don't think the team will be good until there's a new owner and I doubt Snyder is going to hand over the reigns within the next few years.

A lot of Redskins fans are idiots, honestly. If Snyder doesn't interfere, then we'll have a winner. It doesn't look like he's interfering on much.

Archived