Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

twitter: John Harbaugh is an *******, oops, I mean, said he wants to 'Take Control of the D.C fanbase'/ Haloti Ngata Aint Goin Nowhere

SMOSS89

I don't blame him, until we put a better product on the field the DC/Skins market will never obtain and keep the younger fans. Only old farts like me will be left....just like the team, the fan base needs a youth movement and that can only come with the team getting better.

He probably should have spent more time gameplanning for the Steelers

In my mind, being a good fan means never being a fair weather. I'm 23, I haven't seen the Redskins do jack ****. I'm never jumpin' off that bandwagon.

As for Ngata, not a big deal, he was never going to be available, just wanted to post that up just in case people thought he would be available.

I'd say that he has a shot at the very small percentage of the Redskin fan base that is fair weather and not loyal. However, this city has been rooting for the Redskins since the 1930s...it's hard for me to imagine that the Ravens are going to crack into any true Redskin fans. It's an impressive run that they are on and they are a very well-run organization, but I just don't see too many people jumping ship...they aren't exactly a sexy team for bandwagon fans anyway.

It's the perfect opportunity too. The younger Redskins fans haven't seen **** from this team, while the Ravens are consistently good. My friends have started following the Ravens more closely. Hey, it would be nice to cheer for a winner once in a decade right?

If that's their attitude, then your friends can suck it.

In my mind, being a good fan means never being a fair weather. I'm 23, I haven't seen the Redskins do jack ****. I'm never jumpin' off that bandwagon.

As for Ngata, not a big deal, he was never going to be available, just wanted to post that up just in case people thought he would be available.

Unfortunately for you, and the redskins, your definition of a "good fan" makes up the minority of the fanbase. I've seen many of my friends switch to at least a competitive team, like the Ravens. The Redskins aren't your children or family members. You don't have to love them unconditionally, they say. While you and I may be waving our Redskins banners til the end, with the amount of media and direct TV, exposure to other teams is expanding and many people are picking other teams that actually perform.

QFT. I plan on highly encouraging my kids to be Skins fans as well. Ok, forcing lol Hopefully our heyday is soon. My greatest highlights as a Skins fan thus far were the 05 and 07 playoff runs. Bleh

Unfortunately for you, and the redskins, your definition of a "good fan" makes up the minority of the fanbase. I've seen many of my friends switch to at least a competitive team, like the Ravens. The Redskins aren't your children or family members. You don't have to love them unconditionally, they say. While you and I may be waving our Redskins banners til the end, with the amount of media and direct TV, exposure to other teams is expanding and many people are picking other teams that actually perform.

Um, then they're not friends; they're punks. I've lived in the Baltimore, New York, and now Philadelphia areas. I will never, ever switch teams, because I'm not a *****. You almost sound like you're defending Harbaugh and these other pathetic excuses for fans. Pretty disturbing for someone with a 202 area code.

It's the perfect opportunity too. The younger Redskins fans haven't seen **** from this team, while the Ravens are consistently good. My friends have started following the Ravens more closely. Hey, it would be nice to cheer for a winner once in a decade right?

And then the minute the Skins begin to get competative and the Ravens decline, they'll be crawling right back....So typical.

Um, then they're not friends; they're punks. I've lived in the Baltimore, New York, and now Philadelphia areas. I will never, ever switch teams, because I'm not a *****. You almost sound like you're defending Harbaugh and these other pathetic excuses for fans. Pretty disturbing for someone with a 202 area code.

Do you use a rope or ladder to get on your horse? All I'm saying is that young fans, who haven't seen anything from this team are more prone to following another team, with the amount of exposure non regional teams have, due to the internet, nfl network, and directtv. The Redskins haven't done a thing to impress younger fans and that could/will hurt them in the long run. And yes I'm from DC and your from Delaware so have fun in the ******* of America

I don't blame him, until we put a better product on the field the DC/Skins market will never obtain and keep the younger fans. Only old farts like me will be left....just like the team, the fan base needs a youth movement and that can only come with the team getting better.

He probably should have spent more time gameplanning for the Steelers

True on both accounts!

I struggle to keep my daughter interested in the Redskins (she knew HTTR @ 2, always say's go Redskins no matter who is playing) since she sees me and my family watch the games then watches my wife cheer for the Steelers with her family. Which looks more fun to join?

Ummm.... who are the Ravens?

I respect Baltimore (They get it from the FO down to the actual team)

As far as Jim goes.. This is a copy-cat league and with the success of Rex Ryan (and his jets) you can expect allot more coaches to become more vocal. It really means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Do you use a rope or ladder to get on your horse? All I'm saying is that young fans, who haven't seen anything from this team are more prone to following another team, with the amount of exposure non regional teams have, due to the internet, nfl network, and directtv. The Redskins haven't done a thing to impress younger fans and that could/will hurt them in the long run. And yes I'm from DC and your from Delaware so have fun in the ******* of America

1) I'm from Silver Spring. I live in Delaware now. If you'd bothered to read the post, then you'd see that I've also lived in Baltimore and New York. Literacy a plus.

2) I'm telling you that your friends are punks when it comes to being football fans. America isn't exactly leading the world in popularity, education, technology, or economy like it was in the glory days. I guess that we should all be associating with South Korea, Sweden, Japan, and China.

3) It's not a high horse; it's what being a real fan is. Loyalty is all that counts, and your friends have none. So yes, they are punks when it comes to being football fans.

---------- Post added January-17th-2011 at 01:06 PM ----------

True on both accounts!

I struggle to keep my daughter interested in the Redskins (she knew HTTR @ 2, always say's go Redskins no matter who is playing) since she sees me and my family watch the games then watches my wife cheer for the Steelers with her family. Which looks more fun to join?

Divorce court? ;)

Archived