Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(Edit)Can the Packers beat the Steelers in the superbowl?

88Comrade2000

All comes down to game planning, health, and execution. Packers have the talent on both sides of the ball to be champions they just have to tie it all together. If the Bears win tomorrow they are going to be kicking themselves for not beating the Pack last time they met and keeping them out of the playoffs. The Pack is rolling with confidence now.

I said it in the other thread. There is no team the Packers cannot beat. I'm not guaranteeing victory, but I am saying that they have the ability to beat anyone. We've won shootouts, blowouts, defensive struggles, shutouts.... As previously mentioned, we were barely edged by the Patriots when we played a QB who'd never started an NFL game. What HASN'T happened is getting blown out. The most the Packers have lost by this season is 4 points.

Can they? Absolutely. They're the only NFC team with a shot, IMO.

They'd crush the Jets. I have them dead even with Pittsburgh; I'd expect each team to win five times if they played 10 games. New England has been the best team in the league since October and one dominant performance by Green Bay in the divisional round isn't going to change that fact. I expect NE to win the Super Bowl against any opponent, but I give the Pack about a 30% chance of winning. At the very least, it should be a hell of a game.

Absolutely, Rodgers looked unstoppable tonight. How they've done considering all the injury problems they've had, and considering how they played against NE in Foxborough with a young backup quarterback speaks volumes about the overall talent level of the team, as well as the great depth they've assembled. I hope the Redskins look like that soon.

Packers are rolling but I have a feeling the Bears will beat them. Either way I don't see anyone beating the Patriots.

But in the end these playoffs are going well. As long as the three scum teams didn't win (Eagles, Steelers, Ravens) then I'm happy. Two down and the Steelers are going out next week.

Even though they've been the hottest team since December, my gut tells me the Packers won't beat the Bears. People were calling for Lovie's head at the beginning of this season, and, out of all involved, I think he's the hungriest to prove his naysayers wrong.

Even though they've been the hottest team since December, my gut tells me the Packers won't beat the Bears. People were calling for Lovie's head at the beginning of this season, and, out of all involved, I think he's the hungriest to prove his naysayers wrong.

Chicago is lucky they are at home. With that said, it will be a 20-17 type of game. It will come down to which QB protects the ball better, and my money is on Rodgers.

Well, I guess this should now be retitled; can the Packers beat the Steelers in the Superbowl?

I hope not. In that match up I'm all for the Steelers. I'm sick of hearing the Aaron Rodgers worship, the guy is the most over rated QB in the league at the moment.

I hope not. In that match up I'm all for the Steelers. I'm sick of hearing the Aaron Rodgers worship, the guy is the most over rated QB in the league at the moment.

How do you figure? He can do everything, run, avoid sacks, throw deep, middle, short, you name it, he can do it. He had two concussions this year, and led a team with 17 players on IR to the Super Bowl.

Sanchez is overrated, he's ridden two years of fantastic defenses.

---------- Post added January-23rd-2011 at 08:27 PM ----------

Big Ben had 500 yds passing on them last year... lol

And the Cardinals beat them in the playoffs last year. This year, they became the first 6-seed in NFC history to make the Super Bowl, and they went to Philly, Atlanta (who was on a 20-2 streak at home) and the Bears and convincingly won all three games.

How do you figure? He can do everything, run, avoid sacks, throw deep, middle, short, you name it, he can do it. He had two concussions this year, and led a team with 17 players on IR to the Super Bowl.
He's good... he's not great yet. People are proclaiming him "the best QB in the post season" when frankly his resume doesn't merit it.
Sanchez is overrated, he's ridden two years of fantastic defenses.
He is over rated by some but most realize that at this point he's a promising prospect. When I watch the NFL shows they say things like "it's important the Jets run the ball and not fall behind" which is code for "Sanchez isn't good enough to win the game with his arm". Which is true. Sanchez is average at best though he has had a few good post season games.
And the Cardinals beat them in the playoffs last year. This year, they became the first 6-seed in NFC history to make the Super Bowl, and they went to Philly, Atlanta (who was on a 20-2 streak at home) and the Bears and convincingly won all three games.
Didn't Steelers do that and win the Superbowl... so shouldn't we wait until Big Ben loses before we put Aaron in front of him? That's what I mean by over rated. He's not a champion and people are acting like he's the second coming. In fact Rodgers didn't even have a playoff win until this season.

Didn't Steelers do that and win the Superbowl... so shouldn't we wait until Big Ben loses before we put Aaron in front of him? That's what I mean by over rated. He's not a champion and people are acting like he's the second coming. In fact Rodgers didn't even have a playoff win until this season.

He played ONE GAME. It's not like he was 0-4. He played a hell of a game and the Packers D let him down.

Archived