Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's the most pain you've ever been in?

Skins_Fan82

Surprisingly kidney stones has everyone forgetting about the number one universal pain, being KICKED in The FELLAS!!!

I have had kidney stones twice!

I'll trade a good swift kick in the fellas for a bout with kidney stones.

The pain from the kick while intense is short lived in comparison to passing kidney stones.

I have had kidney stones twice!

I'll trade a good swift kick in the fellas for a bout with kidney stones.

The pain from the kick while intense is short lived in comparison to passing kidney stones.

Twice!!?! What the Heck dude... I'm hoping when I go to the Renal clinic in Bethesda that mine are still microscopic

Pretty lame but broke my arm (wrist) playing football (soccer) one lunchtime at school. It was the lunchtime before a 2pm Science exam. None of my friends believed me, just thought I was trying to get out of the exam I guess, so I just kinda held it for a while before deciding i'd go to School Reception and tell someone a bit more sympathetic. First aider said i'd broken it, and just burst into tears. Pain afterwards was horrendous - at least by the standards i'd experienced before.

Guess i've just been lucky in the broken bone department.

The hangover I had at the weekend is up there too :)

2 times:

1) Heart catherization where they shoot the "red hot" dye into your veins.

2) Twice had to have a cortizone shot in my big toe to relieve gout inflammation.

I've had 12 surgeries and 5 broken bones in my life. Some of the more grusome injuries I had weren't painful (or I just don't remember them) are:

Face plant off a skateboard. Knocked my 4 front teeth almost completely out. Luckily I didn't break them off. I did lose 1 front one because of root/nerve damage. I have a bridge in the front. It would cause swelling until they finally pulled it. A pussball would form on my gum. I'd go to the doctor to have him "lance" it, then decided to start doing it myself and save the trip.

Broke my left arm when I was 7 jumping out of a tree. Near compound fracture. One of those stories where the doctor had to "set" it on the count of three. Of course he set it on 2.

Was hit in the side of the head by my cousin on my uncle's farm with a sharpened tobbacco stick (used to hang the tobbacco to dry) shaped like a spear. Never saw it coming. Knocked completely out. Woke up in the car going to the hospital with a hole in the side of my head behind my left ear.

Gout in my big toe. Like Predicto said, don't even brush a feather up against it. I'll scream.

When I was about ten I shot super glue in my eye. It didn't seal my eye shut because your eye is wet, but hardened into little balls around the eyeball. My Dad took me to the ER and they said they basically had to wash my eye out. That meant me on my back on a table with my eye held up and a nurse dumping a solution from above for 30 straight minutes. It was torture and my Dad still tells the story and says he has never heard screaming like that. Still gives me nightmares.

I had a boil on my ***** that would not quit. It just kept getting bigger and bigger. I swear if cancer feels worst than that, I don't know what to do. I couldn't sleep, and it happened when I did not have any health benefits. That sucker got so big, I just rocked on it like a sea saw at the play ground. The pain felt like it was biting you. And you would feel the blood try to settle. PHEW! That was something serious. I couldn't walk right.

The Migraines I had when I was a kid used to make me squirm around in pain. Would have to seriously pinch my skin really hard just to relieve the headache pain for a few moments. Other "pain-distraction" techniques included: pressing my knuckles against my temple, hitting my head on the headboard, growling at nothing, and cursing out loud with nobody around.

If you have never had them you have no idea.

The Migraines I had when I was a kid used to make me squirm around in pain. Would have to seriously pinch my skin really hard just to relieve the headache pain for a few moments. Other "pain-distraction" techniques included: pressing my knuckles against my temple, hitting my head on the headboard, growling at nothing, and cursing out loud with nobody around.

Oh god migranes suck.

I want to find the guy who invented sumatriptans and buy him a new car or something. That is a damn miracle drug.

Oh god migranes suck.

I want to find the guy who invented sumatriptans and buy him a new car or something. That is a damn miracle drug.

I get them when the weather changes. I get the "aura" light in my eyes and it's difficult to see for about 20-30 minutes. I take Immitrex to get rid of them. Stuff works like a charm and it's been the only medicine that has worked for me.

I forgot, the tip of my middle finger on my left hand was bent backwards. I heard it crunch, but it actually didn't hurt. I had to have surgery to bring the tendon holding a piece of my bone at the bottom of the finger and reattach it back at the top.

Tore my rator cuff playing football in two places, shattered a finger, and have had some terrible cases of gout but nothing compares to the STD check I had done on me in 1995. Imagine the doctor grabbing you down there and then taking a needle with brushes on the sides, then jamming it down your piss hole and scraping the sides of you as he slowly removes the damn thing. I've never screamed in a hosipital so loudly in my life. That was the most F'd up pain I've ever felt in my life.

Second deserves a mention because I litterly fell asleep outside naked one day when I was on a weekend binge of multiple substances. Woke up and I was a lobster with a really bad sun burn and eventually peeled from head to toe. Removing that dead skin in some places was too F'd up for words.

I would think that our American veterans from the Iraqi war, win this thread.

Actually go back to the Revolutionary War and Civil War where they were sawing guys limbs off without anesthesia. We could say they suffered a little more pain. And this thread was about what pain "you" suffered, not a tribute to soldiers in Iraq.

Bruised behind.

Fell on my ass snowboarding and hit some icy stuff. Felt like my spine was shattered. I sat in the snow for like 30+ minutes wrenching around in pain. 10 times worse then any broken bone, burn or cut I've suffered in my life. I didn't even fall that hard and there wasn't any real injury. Just slightly bruised.

I once jumped off a cliff face that appeared to be like 10 feet tall and underneath was like 30 feet. I sprained my knee when I landed and knew I was in trouble because I was way off the trail in the woods. Had to manage myself down the mountain on the bad knee. That was nothing in comparison to falling on my butt.

I seperated my shoulder not to long ago and idk if I will ever be able to use my arm again. The story however is a great one

I was playing Club Quidditch (yes the Harry Potter game, and no you dont fly)

It was awesome if you ask me but it has been 6 weeks and I still can't sleep on my side. 600mg of ibprophen keeps me going.

Bruised behind.

Fell on my ass snowboarding and hit some icy stuff. Felt like my spine was shattered. I sat in the snow for like 30+ minutes wrenching around in pain. 10 times worse then any broken bone, burn or cut I've suffered in my life. I didn't even fall that hard and there wasn't any real injury. Just slightly bruised.

I once jumped off a cliff face that appeared to be like 10 feet tall and underneath was like 30 feet. I sprained my knee when I landed and knew I was in trouble because I was way off the trail in the woods. Had to manage myself down the mountain on the bad knee. That was nothing in comparison to falling on my butt.

Damn, dude, you must have nothing but a crack, for a butt. :)

You're supposed to have more cushion there, than any other part of your body.

Actually go back to the Revolutionary War and Civil War where they were sawing guys limbs off without anesthesia. We could say they suffered a little more pain. And this thread was about what pain "you" suffered, not a tribute to soldiers in Iraq.

A bottle of whiskey and "godspeed" back in the day.

A strange, 3 way tie. Between the ruptured spleen,the infection that set in 6 months after that one,(along with a couple of other complications),and an infected cavity in the tooth.

Okay. So there were those losses to the Cowboys,but that goes without saying. :silly:

And some of "us" ES members actually are, or were, soldiers in Iraq, so why would they be exempt from participating in the thread ?

That is not at all what he was saying.

---------- Post added January-13th-2011 at 07:10 PM ----------

Emotional pain is incredibly underrated.

Depends on why. But mostly I would agree with that.

When I was about ten I shot super glue in my eye. It didn't seal my eye shut because your eye is wet, but hardened into little balls around the eyeball. My Dad took me to the ER and they said they basically had to wash my eye out. That meant me on my back on a table with my eye held up and a nurse dumping a solution from above for 30 straight minutes. It was torture and my Dad still tells the story and says he has never heard screaming like that. Still gives me nightmares.

A buddy of mine had a cancerous tumor in his eye. He had a choice between losing the eye and an experimental procedure where they literally sewed a patch on his eye that pound the tumor with radiation for 5 days. Yep, they put a needle directly into his eyeball over and over again. He said that for 5 days all he did was wake up screaming, take massive amounts of painkillers and wait to back to sleep. The tumor was basically killed - they couldn't remove it, but it is no longer cancerous.

As for me - I had a impacted wisdom tooth come in at almost a 90 degree angle. That takes the cake for me.

Archived