Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's the most pain you've ever been in?

Skins_Fan82

Title explains it all. Cracked sternum in a car accident, ugly football injury in high school, dislocated jaw in a drunken bar fight....

What's the most pain you've ever been in, and what was the story behind it?

Seen threads like this done on other forums I frequent, figurd I'd try it on here.....

Broke my collarbone playing football. Got shoved from behind as I was running down the sidelines, after some sweet moves BTW, and slammed down on my shoulder. Freak accident. I rolled over and handed the ball off and said I would be back in a couple plays...

It was my right collarbone, drove home using that arm to shift before I realized that it had snapped it.

Interestingly enough, some of the worst pain came after the break. If I slept on my back, if I woke up in the morning and someone even just breathed on my ear it felt like someone was jamming an ice pick into it.

Probably breaking my collar bone, continuing to play a game of pick-up football with it, and then trying to take off my Under Armour Cold Gear shirt afterwards. That was one of those "so painful I might puke" moments.

I had an ingrown toenail once and those can hurt a lot in really annoying fashion.

tore my acl and ripped up my left leg pretty bad last year. The first week, while the swelling was high was not only the most pain I've felt in my lifetime, but my foot turning purple and swelling up to the size of a small pumpkin a few days in (with no injury to my foot btw) was scary as heck to me when I first noticed it!

Hmm

Bowel obstuction when scar tissue broke up and ended up in my bowels

Nut cancer felt like I was getting kick in the nads every day until i was diagnose and operated on

The headaches I use to get after grand mal seizures were intensse

Oh and I have been married :D

Seven broken ribs after falling off a ladder replacing a ceiling air filter .. off the ladder over the banister and 21 feet later.. ouch. Hurt to breathe for weeks. Couldn't even turn over in bed, laugh, or cough... and yeah I had a cold. No cure. They have to heal naturally. Pain meds didn't touch it at all.

~Ty

Apendicitis, without question. My parents thought I was faking and I stayed in bed for 4 days before finally being rushed to the emergency room, as I had turned green. (I looked like the incredible hulk) True story. Dr's said I was a few hours away from death.

A close second was the Spurrier years.

apendicitis, without question. My parents thought i was faking and i stayed in bed for 4 days before finally being rushed to the emergency room, as i had turned green. (i looked like the incredible hulk) true story. Dr's said i was a few hours away from death.

a close second was the spurrier years.

oh the pain

The diagnosis for testicular torsion was the worse I have ever been through. I tried to jsut tough it out at school, but the pain jsut kept getting worse. Eventually, my school called my mom who took me to Childrens hospital as it was the closet one that already had my records. Well, they were trying to figure out if I had a bad appendix or something else. They asked me what hurt, and all I could say was from my nipples to my knees without knowing where the source was. The refractory pain was incredible. So the diagnosis to rule out testiclular torsion was very easy (for them). "Jump"

"Are you kidding?"

"Jump"

I did and everything went white. I came to in the fetal position moaning. As a side note, Childrens is a teaching hospital, and at age 35, that hospital still represtents over 50% of the people who have touched my nuts.

I have MS now, and I've had pain bad enough to make me pull over from driving my car to puke on the side of the road...more than once. When my neuro asks me to rate my pain on a scale of 1 to 10, I tell him bad enough to puke is/was a 6. My scale is evidently a bit off the norm. When I explain to him the torsion and a few of the soccer injuries I played with, he understood and adjusted my reported scores from that point on.

I find it funny so many people talk about blacking out from pain. I whited out.

Gout. Holy crap that hurts. It hurts completely out of proportion to how serious it is.

The air hurts. When the sheet touches your toe, it feels like a dozen nails pounding in.

Yep

I forget that one was doing the high protien low carb diet last month and gave myself an attack of gout that sent me to a hospital

Apendicitis, without question. My parents thought I was faking and I stayed in bed for 4 days before finally being rushed to the emergency room, as I had turned green. (I looked like the incredible hulk) True story. Dr's said I was a few hours away from death.

A close second was the Snyder years.

fixed it for you :(

Gout. Holy crap that hurts. It hurts completely out of proportion to how serious it is.

The air hurts. When the sheet touches your toe, it feels like a dozen nails pounding in.

well that's why they took away your happy meals in san fran, can't have you fatties getting the gout ;)

---------- Post added January-12th-2011 at 02:11 PM ----------

Is that the same thing as a "Twisted Testicle?" Yeah that hurts...... usually requires surgery.

my wife did not believe me when I told her you would have to have surgery if they got twisted, ooooooooooooo that's just painful to think about

Archived