Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: Cable disposed of by Al

RWJ

Don't forget how much of a complete ******* Tom Cable is. Not necessarily a bad trait for a head coach, but not necessarily a good one either.

I don't think Davis ever intended Cable to be the head coach for an extended period of time. I'm sure he's got others in mind.

I hate defending Al Davis, who is a kind of a self-parody by now.

But the Raiders got to 8-8 by the offense's improvement. That improvement came about thru a new Coordinator Cable reportedly fought tooth and nail agianst hiring and a QB Cable repeatedly tried to bench. I think you guys are giving him credit for things he tried his damndest not to let happen.

But the Raiders got to 8-8 by the offense's improvement. That improvement came about thru a new Coordinator Cable reportedly fought tooth and nail agianst hiring and a QB Cable repeatedly tried to bench. I think you guys are giving him credit for things he tried his damndest not to let happen.

Possibly. I always viewed him as somewhat of a dick anyway, so I don't feel too sorry for him. It's just comical at this point. It would be hilarious if someone photoshopped a pic of Cable and Al Davis as the Mayan Priest in Apocalypto, making another human sacrifice.

Al Davis makes Dan Synder look like God:ols:

LOL...agreed. As long as Al Davis and Jerry Jones are around (well, the meddling version of Jones), I can always go to sleep knowing that Danny Boy's definitely not the worst owner in the NFL.

Poor JC looks like he will have to learn another offensive system again next year. The poor guy can't catch a break.

Well he will make a helluva Offensive Coordinator when he retires. He'll know ever offensive system there is haha. He'll make Al Saunders 700 page playbook look like a leaflet :silly:

Oh, no, no, no. Al would never allow a whippersnapper like Farve on his team.

Ken Stabler, come on down! You're the next quarterback of the Oakland Raiders...again!

Wrong also. Darryl "The Mad Bomber" Lamonica was his favorite. And if he isn't available he could scrape Plunkett off the floor.

Cable and Hue Jackson both wanted Campbell benched after halftime of the second game of the year. No disagreement between them there at all. If Al Davis promotes Hue Jackson, he'll still have disagreements over who should start at QB.

Archived