Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: Cable disposed of by Al

RWJ

I actually feel bad for Raiders fans. Cable did something for that franchise that hasn't been done since 2002... and that was to go atleast 8-8. First sign of progress and Al Davis fires him. Raiders fans must be getting ready to form a mutiny.

edit - I hope they go 1-15 next year.

LOL, you go 8-8 and 6-0 in the division...Al Davis is a old man who needs to retire.

im pretty sure its because cable is not a fan of campbell and Al is. its kinda similar to whats going on in tennessee right now, where you have the owner loving vince young and jeff fisher preferring any other human being with a pulse behind center.

Damn is Al that senile. I would of at least gave Cable one more chance.

---------- Post added January-4th-2011 at 11:06 PM ----------

im pretty sure its because cable is not a fan of campbell and Al is. its kinda similar to whats going on in tennessee right now, where you have the owner loving vince young and jeff fisher preferring any other human being with a pulse behind center.

It may have something to do with Hue Jackson going to interview with SF more than Cable not knowing what to do with his QB's. Al may want Hue as the new head coach.

That and he does not want to lose an OC that other teams covet

This was a bad fiting....Duh!!!!

Whens the last time we have seen the raiders play this good, and this tough THIS late in the season...competitors throughout. I feel bad for Cable, and he wont be out of work long.......The same goes for Wade Phillips...off topic, but Wade may end up in Houston as the DC, and if so, I would look for a great;y improved Defense, and a playoff appearance by the Texans,

At least the Raiders fans have hope that the senile megalomaniac will pass some time soon.

And it gives certain morons on these here boards even more excuse's to defend Captain Checkdown with if the Raiders end up employing a new OC too.

Hail.

You might find that if Hue gets the HC job, he'll be calling the plays too.

I had heard that Davis didn't like that the team was so happy with an 8-8 finish. Apparently Cable and the boys were celebrating that they weren't 'losers' anymore like they had won the Super Bowl. That was a snippet I had heard on 980 this morning. Still, seems daft to me.

Archived