Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Who should get the most blame for the Haynesworth debacle?

Commander PK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Can anyone out there who is in any position of authority ever admit to hiring someone you knew was going to be absolute posion to the rest of the working crew from day one? I mean, I might understand hiring StaPuft if he had married my sister and my business fed my nieces and nephews, but man, why would Danny ever do this? Just managerial stupidity I guess, or the hope that enough money buys him a great big friend.

Cut your losses Danny. Count the Haynesworth hiring as one the many thiings you did while owning the Redskins that pegged the "stupid-meter".

Mike Shanahan watched this team for 16 weeks last year and supposedly evaluated the talent. After all that analysis and a peek into Albert's background he somehow came to the decision that Haynesworth, who said he wasn't a fit for the 3-4, was somehow worth keeping on the 53 man roster for 2010?

Give me a break. Haynesworth should have been one of the first players shown the door here. A 29 year old DT with a history of playing partial seasons wasn't a necessary component of a rebuild here.

IMO it was Shanahan's ego that believed that a bit of tough love thrown in Haynesworth's direction would result in Albert changing his perspective and buying into the program.

That was MORE than naive given his history and what NFL people were saying about #92.

It also should have made Shanahan wonder why the Titans decided not to sign Albert to a long-term deal instead of franchising him in consecutive seasons.

Even in TN where he was known and more or less accepted, there was trepidation about giving him that type of long-term commitment.

This will be my last Poll thread. Any guest can vote as well, which I believe is why 180 people think Shanahan is to blame. :doh: Of course, if you don't have an interest in seeing the Redskins improve, you want Shanahan to be seen as having most of the blame.

Even if that premise is completely wrong.

Edit: Here is why the poll is ass backwards. (There are currently 11 users browsing this thread. (4 members and 7 guests)

I'll fess up and admit I said Shanahan.

Albert is lazy and kinda a punk, but we knew that. Everyone knew that.

Vinny and Dan went out there and got us the best player available that year in FA, kinda their MO.

(I think Haslett should at least get a mention here, but his (entirely ineffective) 3-4 was one of the first stones cast.)

But this situation wasn't a debacle until Shanahan got here. Until he decided he wanted a defensive coach that coached a 3-4. Until he put out feelers for trading Albert, but didn't pull the trigger. Until he decided to embarrass Albert and turn Redskins Park into a giant soap opera.

He could have:

- traded 92 before the season

- released 92

- accept 92 wasn't going to do voluntary workouts and treat him like everyone else

- play him

- sit him

- pretty much anything but suspend him

I don't think Shanahan is the bad guy here, but if you're asking who should get the blame for turning this into a circus? I'd say Shanny. A suspension and pending appeal, this is a complete circus that won't end any time soon.

The problem comes down to Shanny's ego. If we play the 4-3 AH is a happy camper and probably a decent teammate. We might have a top 10 defense. But Shanny's ego just had to be satisfied and we just had to switch to a 3-4 because its better and causes more problems. Well guess what? We are the LAST ranked Defense. Shanny, to justify he knows best, destroyed the one strong pint of ourr team and caused this AH problem.

So...186 of you clearly don't understand the boss/employee relationship. I'm guessing you've all been fired from jobs before at some point in your lives. And I'm guessing you thought it was all the bosses fault, surely you did nothing wrong...

---------- Post added December-7th-2010 at 09:14 PM ----------

The problem comes down to Shanny's ego. If we play the 4-3 AH is a happy camper and probably a decent teammate. We might have a top 10 defense. But Shanny's ego just had to be satisfied and we just had to switch to a 3-4 because its better and causes more problems. Well guess what? We are the LAST ranked Defense. Shanny, to justify he knows best, destroyed the one strong pint of ourr team and caused this AH problem.

What does a base defense have to do with Shanny's ego? I saw you posting about this in another thread...you are sooooo off base with this it's ridiculous.

"Shanny, to justify he knows best, destroyed the one strong pint of ourr team and caused this AH problem."

Do you realize how childish that sounds?? He did all this on purpose? I don't even know where to begin with you, but again, as I saw in the other thread, it would be hard to discuss it with you. Just thought you should know one more person here thinks you're absolutely crazy. Or, you're Albert Haynesworth himself.

So...186 of you clearly don't understand the boss/employee relationship. I'm guessing you've all been fired from jobs before at some point in your lives. And I'm guessing you thought it was all the bosses fault, surely you did nothing wrong...

---------- Post added December-7th-2010 at 09:14 PM ----------

What does a base defense have to do with Shanny's ego? I saw you posting about this in another thread...you are sooooo off base with this it's ridiculous.

"Shanny, to justify he knows best, destroyed the one strong pint of ourr team and caused this AH problem."

Do you realize how childish that sounds?? He did all this on purpose? I don't even know where to begin with you, but again, as I saw in the other thread, it would be hard to discuss it with you. Just thought you should know one more person here thinks you're absolutely crazy. Or, you're Albert Haynesworth himself.

It's ok if you think Im crazy. The best minds dont come from Florida.

Accountability occurs at all stages of an organization, simpleton. Shanny has to be accountable for his decisions and its product on the field. He has made terrible decisions that have us last in defense and soon toi be last in the NFC East. He is the president of our organizations players, that means he has a strategy and plan. I can't see his plan or why its acceptable to have the last ranked D and to constantly get embarassed on TV. I think it is a fair question to ask, especially with his history in Denver and past player accounts of his style, is his arrogance hurting the team. I say yes, this year he has. Why is AH accountable, but the head coach isn't.

The Fans, Other.

You people have been screaming for change for a ****ing decade now, and when you get it...it's just unbelievable to me.

Check it. What's the only news worthy contract that's been presented this year? DMac, with outs. Now, he's been horrendous this year, but as soon as he became a Redskin he was in early, getting to know his teammates, all-voluntary and specialized work-outs with his receivers, and has been nothing but a consummate professional after being whored. All Shanny and Bruce are doing is saying: this is not a ****ing retirement home anymore. If you want to make cash in this organization, you need to be a three headed monster: (1) producer on the field (2) a motivator in the locker room and team oriented and (3) represent the Redskins with pride and professionalism off the field. If you can't do that, you're NOT GETTING PAID. Albert, was kind of (1) and completely lacked any attribute of (2) or (3) and was the highest paid player on the team. See ya.

The only reason Shanny waited to suspend him is because it was the maximum suspension w/o pay allowed under the current CBA, and he wanted to state: Our team moves forward w/o this type of player today, not in 2011. So whatever, is Shanny a little off? Yeah. But if you don't understand how ****ed the Redskins are, then you just haven't been paying attention. There a lot of un****ing left to do. It's going to suck, but you're highest paid guy should be in 15 minutes early, leave 15 minutes late, and motivate OTHER players to beat him in the morning and stay later in the evening.

So spare me all this bull****. This is the most competitive, complicated, nuisanced sport on the face of the planet; the team you love needs treat it as such. I have short term faith in Shanny bringing in winners and for the love of God Snyder get a ****ing indoor facility you idiot.

I'm at a loss right now...

More people have voted that this was Shanahan's fault? Are you f'n kidding me? Albert Haynesworth is the largest POS that has EVER donned the burgundy and gold...IMO. How a player can try to dictate the direction of the coach / team / organization and the coach to be at fault is ******* beyond me. What has Haynesworth done, both on and off the field, that would leave a majority of fans saying anything BUT why in the **** is that player being allowed to represent the Redskins, their fans, their colors?

I have lost a tremendous amount of faith in our fanbase tonight...

The blame falls squarely on AH for accepting the money and snyder for dishing it out when we had obvous more needs at the time. There is no way you can blame Shanahan he inherited a problem and tried to straighten him out. IIRC AH was supposed to be back on a certain date from his brothers funeral and didnt show up

The guy got paid big time he should be willing to play whatever damn position the coaches tell him he is not irreplacable

Seeing the amount of people who voted for the coach makes me sick.

Are we, as Redskins fans, that stupid?

I guess we are. I do not get it either. I guess a lot of people do not like a no nonsence, hard nose coach who is going to lay down the law. Instead, they must like the fat, lazy, overpaid, under achiever players and a coached who will give in and build schemes to showcase the fat man's talent.

I know most NFL fans will give a new coach a couple of years to build a team. We do not even give ours a year and critique every hard stance he makes against a locker room full of non practicing ballers. We should fire these guys and start again. I hear Fossil is still available.

Archived