Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Who should get the most blame for the Haynesworth debacle?

Commander PK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Haynesworth has to take the majority of the blame but Shanahan and Allen did nothing to try and make the situation better and have to take some of the blame. It should have been dealt with at draft time. Once he stayed it seems like the Front Office did as much as possible to create a confrontation resulting in what we have now.

they were not gonna pay 21 million to a guy then let him walk. thats BS no matter how you slice it.

when albert took that money he was committing to the washington redskins. since he took that money hes been committed to nothing other than being a piece ****.

i cannot believe people are blaming shanahan for this. this is about 95% alberts fault. he could have easily said i dont want the bonus, get me out of here and let me play for somebody else. but when he took the money he was committing to playing here.

hes just a lazy piece of **** that wanted his cake and to eat it too. he took 21 mil and produced nothing because he refuses to buy in to what this staff is doing.

Shanahan deserves 50% percent of the blame for this 17 week Circus because a 16 year Headcoach with 2 Superbowl rings was brought in with the power and authority to either deal with Haynesworth or Not (Cut his azz) from day one. The Hell if it should take 13 weeks into the season make this move.

I still beefing that it hasn't been an outright cut especially if they will still be trying to trade him in the offseason.

One down at least 45 more dead weight or playing in positions over their physical capability players to go!

Haynesworth has to take the majority of the blame but Shanahan and Allen did nothing to try and make the situation better and have to take some of the blame. It should have been dealt with at draft time. Once he stayed it seems like the Front Office did as much as possible to create a confrontation resulting in what we have now.

Shanny and Allen weren't here last year when Albert started his crusade.

Please, try to be informed. Read what his fellow players think of him. Take a look at his 'dedication' to the game since he came to the Skins.

And then, try to post something that is a bit more grounded in reality...

---------- Post added December-8th-2010 at 11:57 AM ----------

Shanahan deserves 50% percent of the blame for this 17 week Circus because a 16 year Headcoach with 2 Superbowl rings was brought in with the power and authority to either deal with Haynesworth or Not from day one. The Hell if it should take 13 weeks into the season make this move.

I still beefing that it hasn't been an outright cut especially if they will still be trying to trade him in the offseason.

One down at least 45 more dead weight or playing in positions over their physical capability players to go!

Unfortunately, it probably wasn't that simple. Having a union to deal with requires a necessary 'trail' before any disciplinary actions can happen.

Otherwise, there'd be hundreds of threads about Shanny and Allen's stupidity in breaking CBA rules, and Albert would really be getting the last laugh.

It's how the real world works.

I think you should check out Trevor Price and his career. Shanny got him on the right track to multiple pro-bowls with a similar butte head incident early in Price's career.

Didn't Pryce feud with Shanahan after years of production? I don't think Shanahan's games were his motivating factor to his success. And Shanahan never got anything useful from him after the feud began.

Please, try to be informed. Read what his fellow players think of him. Take a look at his 'dedication' to the game since he came to the Skins.

And then, try to post something that is a bit more grounded in reality

So you think the Front Office handled this well. No one comes out of this looking good. As I originally posted Haynesworth takes the majority of the blame but the situation has been handled very poorly by the Front Office. As you say, people inside the team could see the problem but the Front Office wasted 13 weeks of the season before deciding to act.

Albert is at fault. Shannahan would have never needed to do anything but coach had the diva stepped up and acted like a man.

Again ,a 16 year NFL (AFC for goodness sake) headcoach with 2 Superbowl rings and only 1 year removed from the game, was hired (at just about the earliest possible time) with the power and authority to cut Albert Haynesworth worthless azz from day one. Once Shanahan chose to deal with and in the foolishness of Albert Haynesworth from the Authoritative position, HE ACCEPTED AT LEAST 50% OF THE BLAME/CREDIT FOR ITS AFFECT ON THE TEAM AND ULTIMATE OUTCOME,

Many fans like to compare players to everyday employees in terms of towing the company that pays you line while the same can be said for middle management/executives. If an newly hired executive(Coach) decides to retain an employee(Player) with full industry knowledge of that employee's work history and his/her blatant disregard for that executive's plan of action, the executive(Coach) gets the credit/blame for the outcome the decision and its affect of the organization. There is NO WAY to gamble on getting the Credit and not accepting the risk of responsibility.

This is on Worthless 100x over. This offseason Shanny and Haslett approached him outside the media, told him the deal with the new defense and what was expected, and said "let us know NOW if you dont wanna do this and we'll move you". That's some pretty classy managing folks, and a rarity in the business world. How many people have a boss that takes the time to let you know a change in your job is coming, then gives you an out if you dont like it? Greed won, he took the bonus check and stayed, which explicitly said I agree to what you offered me. Then he whined, skipped out, pouted, napped, flopped, made some plays, took some games off, drank ALOT apparently, and got many many chances to right the ship from this team.

Mark my words this is the beginning of the Redskins resurrection.

Haynesworth is a grown man who has to take 100% responsibility for his actions so it is clearly his fault. Daniel Snyder on the other hand, along with Vinny Cerratto, only wanted a solid player to contribute heavily at the defensive tackle position for years to come. The mistake was made in giving Haynesworth all of that money, especially $34.8 million in the first two years of the contract, which led to Haynesworth's arrogance and ignorance, and a rift between Haynesworth, the Redskins players, new coaching regime that replaced Jim Zorn and Vinny Cerratto, and even the Redskins fans. If you're an NFL player getting paid the veteran minimum or a hefty contract like Haynesworth, you play whatever scheme whatever coaching regime wants you to play if you're under contract with that team.

id have taken the money 365 days out of the year.

i also wouldnt have embarrassed myself by quitting on my team and pouting like a *****. even if i didnt fit the scheme, id give it my all, 110% all the time, and have my agent pursuing other options, all while proving i still care about football/the team/my reputation.

but because albert is a douchebag, hes not doing any of this.

True, but he was basically known as a bum (a very talented one, but still) when he was signed, so what's worse - being a bum, or being the guy who gives the bum a ton of money?

Again ,a 16 year NFL (AFC for goodness sake) headcoach with 2 Superbowl rings and only 1 year removed from the game, was hired (at just about the earliest possible time) with the power and authority to cut Albert Haynesworth worthless azz from day one. Once Shanahan chose to deal with and in the foolishness of Albert Haynesworth from the Authoritative position, HE ACCEPTED AT LEAST 50% OF THE BLAME/CREDIT FOR ITS AFFECT ON THE TEAM AND ULTIMATE OUTCOME,

Many fans like to compare players to everyday employees in terms of towing the company that pays you line while the same can be said for middle management/executives. If an newly hired executive(Coach) decides to retain an employee(Player) with full industry knowledge of that employee's work history and his/her blatant disregard for that executive's plan of action, the executive(Coach) gets the credit/blame for the outcome the decision and its affect of the organization. There is NO WAY to gamble on getting the Credit and not accepting the risk of responsibility.

The problem, is that some people refuse to see the player relationship with their employer the same as everyday employees. You are paid to do a job. You don't get to pick and choose the manner in which you are required to do your job. You do what you are told, unless you are the owner of the company. Being a football player, is no different than being a day laborer. If it is different, it's because the shot callers on a given team allow it to be. See Snyderatto

I will not fault Mike Shanahan for thinking he could have gotten the best out of Haynesworth, or managed him. I will fault Haynesworth for his toddler like behavior, which is the main true culprit in this whole debacle.

If you're an NFL player getting paid the veteran minimum or a hefty contract like Haynesworth, you play whatever scheme whatever coaching regime wants you to play if you're under contract with that team.

and the thing is, it's not just "fans" that are coming out and saying this. It's NFL players, some Redskins. From DAY 1, they have been mocking Haynesworth over his ****ing about the scheme.

And then, try to post something that is a bit more grounded in reality...

---------- Post added December-8th-2010 at 11:57 AM ----------

Unfortunately, it probably wasn't that simple. Having a union to deal with requires a necessary 'trail' before any disciplinary actions can happen.

Otherwise, there'd be hundreds of threads about Shanny and Allen's stupidity in breaking CBA rules, and Albert would really be getting the last laugh.

It's how the real world works.

This is NFL football. IT WAS AS SIMPLE AS EATING VINNY/DANNY $21 MILLION MISTAKE WITH ONE OF TWO OPTIONS: 1) CUTTING ALBERT HAYNESWORTH OUTRIGHT BEFORE, DURING, OR AT END OF TRAINING CAMP 2) ACCEPTING THE BEST OFFER AND TRADING HIS AZZZ. There was no risk in breaking the CBA involved in those moves and Shanahan and Allen would have never had this problem PERIOD.

Most importantly those solutions would have representing the change most needed in the Skins organization which is killer the drama and circus like atmosphere Monday - Saturday and continuing the lie (us fans hoping in most cases beyond hope) that the drama has no negative effect on game day.

This is NFL football. IT WAS AS SIMPLE AS EATING VINNY/DANNY $21 MILLION MISTAKE WITH ONE OF TWO OPTIONS: 1) CUTTING ALBERT HAYNESWORTH OUTRIGHT BEFORE, DURING, OR AT END OF TRAINING CAMP 2) ACCEPTING THE BEST OFFER AND TRADING HIS AZZZ. There was no risk in breaking the CBA involved in those moves and Shanahan and Allen would have never had this problem PERIOD.

Most importantly those solutions would have representing the change most needed in the Skins organization which is killer the drama and circus like atmosphere Monday - Saturday and continuing the lie (us fans hoping in most cases beyond hope) that the drama has no negative effect on game day.

No it wouldn't have. it would have been an invitation for other players to act the same way. "Behave like a petulent child and get your way."

True, but he was basically known as a bum (a very talented one, but still) when he was signed, so what's worse - being a bum, or being the guy who gives the bum a ton of money?

albert could have sat down and been like "yes i wanna play for this team, you wont be sorry if you stick with me". they pay him the money, and then this happens.

the only thing you can fault shanny and the front office for is believing that haynesworth wouldnt turn out to be a complete piece of human garbage. which he clearly is, from all the media reports, his teammates own accounts, people describing his behavior at restaurants, him knocking up strippers, etc. the guy is just scum, plain and simple. you dont put that on shanny or allen.

do some of you really think haynesworth is trying hard? or giving it his all? or even attempted to do any of that? the second they paid him he didnt show up for camps. it was like the instant he got his 21 million he just stopped even attempting to care.

i hope we keep him forever on the practice squad. **** this loser.

Um, Haynesworth? He gets on the radio yesterday and he's running off at the mouth about he's not given a chance, that someone is out to get him... BS, Albert. If you came in and accepted your role and played the good soldier you'd be a star right now. You say you're a man, but you acted like a little girl who couldn't get her way. Wah 3-4!

I made it clear in JimmiJo's thread that Worthless is to blame, but a friend of mine had an interesting take and has made me look at it from another angle.

His take:

If you bring a wild animal, into your house, and it ends up killing your dog, do you blame the wild animal? No, he's acting on instinct and doing what wild animals do.

Haynesworth is a douche, and was a known commodity douche, so he's doing what douchebags do.

Cerrato and/or Snyder let the douche in. They get the mojority of the blame.

Shanahan & Allen mistakenly thought they could tame the douche. They get a piece too.

I liked your analogy of Dogs and Wild Animal... makes perfect sense!

Archived