Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Who should get the most blame for the Haynesworth debacle?

Commander PK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

albert could have sat down and been like "yes i wanna play for this team, you wont be sorry if you stick with me". they pay him the money, and then this happens.

the only thing you can fault shanny and the front office for is believing that haynesworth wouldnt turn out to be a complete piece of human garbage. which he clearly is, from all the media reports, his teammates own accounts, people describing his behavior at restaurants, him knocking up strippers, etc. the guy is just scum, plain and simple. you dont put that on shanny or allen.

do some of you really think haynesworth is trying hard? or giving it his all? or even attempted to do any of that? the second they paid him he didnt show up for camps. it was like the instant he got his 21 million he just stopped even attempting to care.

i hope we keep him forever on the practice squad. **** this loser.

No, you don't put that on them, but should they have ever believed a single word he said? His character issues aren't new - there's a reason Tenn. made almost no effort to sign him to a long-term deal. They knew he wasn't worth it, and now we know, but only after the money's gone.

I cant believe some fans are even concidering Shanahan 50 percent of the blame.

I would sure like to know how some of you that think along those lines would have handled things differently ???

And dont give us that bull**** you would have cut him in training camp, because there were 21 million reasons why you wouldnt do that.

Not to mention the precedent it would set for other players or possible FA's.

And then you factor in the talent level of AH. Are you just going to let him walk without making anykind of effort to make the plan work ???

PLEASE..............................

How about deciding whether I wanted to deal with him, and if not, cutting ties March 31st or earlier?

Secondly, if I'm Shanahan, in my first year in a new place...and I want to keep him, I decide he will not be a distraction to the team. But this also means I won't do anything to embarrass him, and expect the same in return. If he has a problem, talk to Haslett or me, but don't take it to the press. Of course this would've meant that I couldn't question his conditioning to the press, and would have had to treat him fairly.

if you voted on blaming Coach Shanahan then you need to slap yourself... Again and Again. Albert was a problem last year. And guess what he's a problem this year... The problem is he is getting payed big bucks to play football... Most people in real jobs don't have a choice to tell there boss what they want to do... So he needs to shut his mouth and play football plain and simple... If you want to blame anyone blame Albert... He said he wouldn't be a bust when he was first showcased and that he would do whatever he could to make the team around him better... Well he pretty much did everything but what he said he was going to do. it's funny how over 80 some players in camp this year knew it was going to be a learning curve doing something different but not one there cryed and threw a fit and saids i 'm not doing that... O yeah but there was one albert. The whole team knew how bad they did last year... Albert plain and simple is not a team player is always been his way or the highway... And finallly we have a coach that has the balls enough to tell him he is not getting his way like th spoiled as baby he is. This team is better off without him if you ask me... Find someone that is acually hungry for wanting to play then hungry for cheeseburgers and being a lazy @ss

The truth hurts

you so called albert followers

I voted Somebody Else. While Al and Mike are equally responsible for the eruption, whoever decided a 3-4 was the way to go bears the most blame.

I can't read this thread any more. It's depressing me beyond any before it and that's saying something.

This whole poll needs to go under the "Signs of the Apocolypse" thread. I don't have a whole lot of confidence in the human race to sustain itself after having risen to this level of idiocy.

No, you don't put that on them, but should they have ever believed a single word he said? His character issues aren't new - there's a reason Tenn. made almost no effort to sign him to a long-term deal. They knew he wasn't worth it, and now we know, but only after the money's gone.

so shanny and allen made a poor judgment call in thinking that haynesworth could be a team player. sorry, im not gonna crucify them for that.

i am however going to bash haynesworth any chance i get, because not only did a hall of fame coach and proven GM give him a chance to play here, all he did was piss in their face.

No matter how silly it may have been for Snyder to acquire him for so much money or how stubborn Shanahan was in dealing with him, the blame falls entirely on the shoulders of the man who was paid to play football and came up way short on his responsibilities as an employee. He won't suffer for it, but Albert's situation is on Albert.

ALL SHANAHAN......we hear what shanahan says albert did but that doesnt make it true....this is football, i dont care about an attitude, if u selfish, or if u make a ton of money....on sunday can u help the team win games...IMO when albert played he was our best defensive lineman....how else can he prove himself if coach doesnt put u in the game?...i practice on friday, travel with the team on saturday,going into the locker room to get suited up on sunday when u send haslett 2 let me know that i'm not playing because i had a bad practice last week...GTFOH....and through all of this u neva heard haslett say anything negative about albert, only shanahan and old washed up d lineman who wish they was as good as albert and can make money like him i.e. phillip daniels and vonnie holliday aka back-up de's....and what is a bad practice in week 13...really...to say that, heyer or rabach must have man handled albert all week...looks like coach is picking albert as the scapegoat for this unproductive and embarrassing season, he already tried to pick mcnabb. someone needs to take a look in the mirror

I really don't get the rationale behind blaming Shanahan for this. He didn't sign the guy. He inherited a team with a super talented guy. He tried to make it work. But the guy is too much of a lazy, out of shape, unmotivated, selfish, immature, drunken bum. Now it's done and we've moved on.

I wish this weren't an anonymous poll. When someone has problems wherever they go, and with lots of different coaches, it's not the coach's fault.

Let's try something new and different and support the coach for a few years instead of being ready to fire him because, after 3/4ths of a season, our team, which was worse last season, still sucks. Albert won't be missed. However, a 4th rounder would be much appreciated, if we can even get that for him anymore.

I voted Snyder but I think their should have been an all of the above choice with the exception of Allen.

Snyder hired bug eyes who signed fat ass, Shanahan had the power to get rid of him when he got here.

His reasons for either releasing him or trading him should have been obvious, I can't think of a single reason why he should have kept him.

1 he is a fat worthless piece of ****.

2 he was paid way to much money for the amount of production he had last year in his natural 4-3 position.

3 he did not fit the 3-4 scheme Shanahan was installing. Maybe as a DE but the words nose tackle and Albert Haynesworth should never be used in the same sentence.

I blame all of them equally everyone knew Haynesworth was trash before we signed him it's not like it was a secret.

Shanahan knew he was trash before he got here and was given the authority to release him but he opted to keep the fat **** around and fight with him all season making all parties involved look stupid.

I place the blame squarely on Haynesworth. He took the bonus, which means he was okay with Shanny's plans for the defense. A person with character would have stated his objections to the scheme and moved on somewhere else or at least make an attempt at playing in a position he didn't see himself suited for. But Al didn't do that, he took the money and made no attempt to adapt. He instead became a headache to the team and a distraction at best. I saw the main objective of this season to be the evaluation of our current players as they fit in the intended scheme of the coaching staff. Having a lunatic acting up whenever the opportunity presented itself only adds another layer of difficulty to player evaluation. Frankly, I'm happy Shanny didn't take any of Haynesworth's crap, and even went on the offensive in most cases. Now every player on the team and any future signings will know that no matter the size of your contract or your own inflated sense of worth, acting up will only bring you pain.

For the last decade this team has been a haven for flashy, lazy, and douchey free agents looking for a payday. Now they can look elsewhere. I would suggest Dallas. :evilg:

ALL SHANAHAN......we hear what shanahan says albert did but that doesnt make it true....this is football, i dont care about an attitude, if u selfish, or if u make a ton of money....on sunday can u help the team win games...IMO when albert played he was our best defensive lineman....how else can he prove himself if coach doesnt put u in the game?...i practice on friday, travel with the team on saturday,going into the locker room to get suited up on sunday when u send haslett 2 let me know that i'm not playing because i had a bad practice last week...GTFOH....and through all of this u neva heard haslett say anything negative about albert, only shanahan and old washed up d lineman who wish they was as good as albert and can make money like him i.e. phillip daniels and vonnie holliday aka back-up de's....and what is a bad practice in week 13...really...to say that, heyer or rabach must have man handled albert all week...looks like coach is picking albert as the scapegoat for this unproductive and embarrassing season, he already tried to pick mcnabb. someone needs to take a look in the mirror

Yo, I be tinkin dat Haynesworth ain't not bein at fault here cuz im uneducated and you can tell how stoopid i am by the way i write and that i blame shanahan instead of albert

I wish this weren't an anonymous poll.

you would see 100+ "guest user" votes for Shanahan because early on, some idiot stuffed the ballot box. after a couple hours, it was like 70/30 shannahan/haynesworth, and ever since then AH has been gaining ground. shenanigans always happen with these dumb polls.

I would agree with only your last line.

Oh and forget the mirror, the results are in.

I deliberated in between voting for AH and VC. In the end it was vinny's blame for me. He brought him here, and I remember hearing something about vinny wanting to bring in AH because the defense was so good already and the offense needed a lot of help. So that rationale seems foolish to me, and he should never had encouraged the deal. AH isn't blameless as he was a pain in the rear to Blache and the coaches last year, which alleviates most of the fault I could have pinned on the current coaching regime.

Archived